LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Necessary People

My work got the best of me yesterday (it's my fault), but I'm back!

Why do we desire companionship? Do you think it is natural to want other people around you, or do you think it depends on your personal preference? Who wakes up one morning in their right frame of mind and says, "I wish everyone would go away and never return?"

I know there are loners in the world, but at some point you have to desire some type of interaction with another person...don't you?

I enjoy being by myself at times, but I wouldn't want to be alone every waking moment. I feel that everyone NEEDS someone in their life. Whether it be their family or friends.

Although I could make it on my own, I love the fact that I have good people around me. Just think ...If someone that means so much to you was taken from you today, how would you cope?
I would be devastated...heck, I'd probably seek counseling. It's funny how we can go from normal to nothing in the blink of an eye...

I had a scare yesterday. I was supposed to pick Softspoken up from the airport. I got there, and his plane was delayed. I waited for him for over and hour. When his plane finally landed, he was nowhere to be found. I couldn't get a signal on my cell phone, so I called him from a pay phone. His phone kept going to the voice mail on the first ring. I started to get worried. I hate to panic so I sat down for a moment to gather my thoughts. I called my house to check my message...I knew if he couldn't get me on my cell, he would call my house. There was a message from him. "Where are you? I have been waiting on you! I can't believe you forgot about me!" Even though he was yelling( which is sooo not like him), I was happy to hear his voice. He left the gate number where he was. I was at the wrong gate, which was his fault because he had changed his flight but never called back to give me the new info! I finally found him and he explained what happened. I was so happy to see him that I couldn't even be mad at him. Even though the situation was not major, it still made me think...

Who do you feel is necessary in your life?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    It's human nature to want companionship. We need that interaction with other people. God just made us that way. The one person that I couldn't live without would have to be my mother. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something ever happened to her.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @shug...I know exactly what you mean.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    hmmm who is necessary.... that would be my mom. I call my mom daily...even when she did not live down here. For people who say they like being a alone...I personally think they are putting up a brave front. God did not create us to DESIRE to be alone. Even shen he destroyed the earth by flood, he sent EVERYTHING to the ark in pairs. Great post!

    Newy

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    my momma, grandma, my boyfriend, & 2 best friends.. i'd be lost w/o them

    i dont think anybody can go through the world w/ NO ONE in their life

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Nobody can make it alone.

    I need my fam and my friends that are like fam.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lady J said…

    In my imediate circle is my family and my 3 close friends I love em all so much and Blogger lol

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    My mom is the necessary person. I'd have given up and died a long time ago without her in my life. My sister and both of my best friends make the cut of people I wouldn't want to live without.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger El Alexander said…

    I feel you on this..do we really need someone in our life to make us complete? I feel lost because me and my ex had some problems...so at this time I feel like I need a sholder cause I can't do this alone...It's cool to be alone but what about the time when you just NEED SOMEONE!?

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    Good post.

    I think the one person I needed is dead. She was my best friend, the person who understood me the most.

    Not a day goes by that I don't think of her or miss seeing and hearing her presence.

    I miss her so much it's pathetic.

    But, I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I've expereinced loving someone and having that person love me in return.

    I think we all crave for that and deserve it.

    We all need love and need to feel accepted and loved.. it's one of the basic human needs.. psychologist agree, at least thats according to the Hierachy of needs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home