LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Expect the Unexpected

My man's mother is in the hospital. She has been there since yesterday and they still don't know what's wrong with her. She collapsed without warning. I talked my man into leaving the hospital to take a shower at least, but he still won't eat anything. He just left to go back to the hospital with his dad and his brothers. I pray that she is okay. Even though we have our differences, I don't wish anything bad on anyone. I pray that they can handle whatever God has in store.

My man's whole family is at the hospital, so I probably won't go back up there until later this evening. (I have to get a little work done, and I'm going to catch up on my blog reading...) Aunts, uncles, cousins...so many unfamiliar faces. I'm tired, but I can't sleep because I'm worried about him. My man and his brothers are very close to their mom so I can only imagine what they are going through.

Even though our parents may not be the best people in the world all the time, it is important to make ammends with them while they are living, and remember the legacy they left after they are gone. There is some good in everyone, even if you have to dig deep to find it.

For those of you that have parents living, no matter what type of life they have affored you, let them know how you feel. Get things off your chest. Don't live with the skeletons that they have placed in your closet...You may regret it when they are gone.

For all that have lost a parent, I can't say that I know how you feel, or that I want to know, all I can say is, May God Bless You and Continue to keep you...

16 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    You are all in my prayers. Having lost both parents, I am so thankful for our relationship. I love them and they loved me. There are a few wish I should haves but nothing real major.
    again, you and your man and his family are all in my prayers.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she is ok and I will pray for you and your man's family.

    Don't live with the skeletons that they have placed in your closet...You may regret it when they are gone.
    That is so true. I really wish I would have taken the time to sit down and talk with my father before he passed.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @deepnthought...Thank you.

    @shug...Thank you for your prayers...

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Oh wow, I was hoping you didn't post yesterday because the fiance whisked you off somewhere! :-(

    You and your inlaws have my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    I wish...thanks Ladynay...

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    hope that his mom is ok...

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Praying for you and yours. Take care.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    You and your family are in my prayers.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger fuzzy said…

    Thank you, It is hard to lose a parent. Especially one that is extremely close to you. My mom, the closest parent is gone and I still get flashbacks of what all happened that horrible day. God keeps me and lifts my spirits.

    I have offered up a prayer for your man's mother. I did it before I even started to comment before I finished reading the post. I hope the best for you and yours and the closest ones of you both. Stay encouraged and optimistic...

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    i have you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. i pray for you all the strength of mind and wisdom needed to make it through the tough time ahead.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...Thanks...

    @enigma...enigma...Thank you for your prayers...

    @mznew...Thank you...

    @fuzzy...Bless you..and thanks.

    @nikki...I appreciate the kind words and prayers...

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    Hey Boo. I guess I am one of the blessed ones because both my parents are still alive. My mom and I are super, super close, so I tell her as often as I can that I love her. My dad...we use to be extremely close, but we drifted apart due to a lot of things on his end. I am sure that I contributed to some of it, but its mostly been him. So much so that I don't even call him dad any longer. I refer to him by his first name. At first, he got mad about it but now I am grown and he can't change it.

    The times that I do talk to him, I do tell him that I love him. He just recently lost his baby brother and his father within two months of each other so I was there for him. But I am going to save that for another day....I already have a post idea for my dad.

    Big hug sweetie. Did you get it?

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...Thank you...and yes I got your cyber hug...

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    You are in my prayers as usual but I'll make sure it's known this time...I am so happy and truly blessed to still be able to talk to and see my parents when I so desire....take care

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    my thoughts are with u and ur man... hopefully everything will be igght..

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes...a little encouragement goes a long way...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home