LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, September 29, 2006

He's Stressing Me

I have been burning the candle at both ends the past couple of days, so this weekend I plan to relax...

How can you be there for someone when you don't know what they need?

Everyone deals with stress differently. My man likes to be alone when he is stressed, but he expects me to be supportive. Telepathy was one of the many gifts that I wasn't given. I know he is sad that his mom is sick. I know he is going through something. But that's all I know. How can you be there for someone who wants to be alone? The whole situation has me confused. Am I supposed to sit and wait until he needs me, or do I go on with my usual day until he asks for my help?

What do you say to someone who doesn't want to talk?

If I say something, he seems irritated. If I don't say anything, he seems irritated. To simplify matters and to keep the peace in my household, I'm just going to give him some time...

11 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i think that's the best thing to do.. and when he needs u, he'll come around.. just put it out there you are there for him when he needs you...

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...sounds like a plan to me.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    all i can tell u is when a person does that...it's disappointing...but don't beat it out of him...he'll come around...i know that's not the best advice but reassure dude that your there....

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @sarccastik...actually that was pretty good. That's all I can do...

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Shug said…

    Don't you hate it when it seems like no matter what you do, everything is just wrong? I think the best thing to do is just let him feel how he feels and to not keep trying to get him to open up about it. He'll come to you when he's ready to talk.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Shug...That's the thing, I haven't been going to him, he's coming to me...

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I don't think he knows what he wants you to do or say.

    You made the right choice just to give him time to sort it all out.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger fuzzy said…

    Since he's going to be irritated either way, I'd say something! If it were me I would tell the truth in a fashion like this:
    Baby, I'm done in from the week. I want to be here for you but need my rest too. If you need me for anything I am a phone call away.
    You can't stay mad, or irritated, at the truth for long...

    Hope your weekend Goes well. Still praying for the best for his momma.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    Baby girl, hug him, love him, and give him some time...

    just let him know ur there without saying anything...

    ur presence will comfort him, not ur words.. because right now the words are what get in the way.. the words from the doctors. nurses, family members, etc.. He's just trying to figure out whats going on...

    just be there for him..

    love will get u through..

    and my thoughts are with u..

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Dang, it sounds like a catch 22...

    But men don't want to be asked whats the matter....

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Don't SAY anything...just be there loving him...I'm sure he'll respond appreciatively.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home