LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, October 09, 2006

No Regrets...

I am in a sappy mood today. Must be the weather....


I remember the first day we met. He was with his boys. I was with my girl. He passed by my table, and I looked up for just a moment. We made eye contact. There was definitely an attraction, but I didn't think much of it.

One of his boys approached our table, interested in my friend. She liked him too. So they exchanged numbers. He came by just as we were finishing our meal. He said, "how are you ladies this evening?" I could tell he was nervous, but he kept it cool. After brief conversation he laid his card down on the table in front of me and walked away. He was cocky, but not conceited. Sure of himself...He was very good looking, but I have had several pretty boys in the past so that was not enough to hook me...Well the dimples got me a little bit...

I held onto his card, but I didn't call. Not because I didn't like him. Just because I knew that a man that gorgeous had to be trouble. I was in a good place, enjoying the single life, and I didn't want him to wreck my flow.

One evening out of the blue, he calls. He got my number from my girl that was now going out with his friend...After a long conversation, he invited me to a party that he and his friends were throwing. It was cool, and I had a ball. We danced most of the night. I left the party feeling good, but still scared to deal with him. He was too perfect...

After about a week of him calling and me never returning his calls, my girl calls me to see what's wrong. I told her how I felt and she told me to go for it. So I called him.

I could hear the surprise in his voice. I was skeptical...He invited me to his place. I was impressed, but still cautious. As I said before...too perfect. That night, I had sex with him. Good sex. He wanted me to stay, but I got up and left. After that, he saw that I wasn't looking for a relationship, and he became by sex buddy. I called him...he called me...and it was on.

One night, after we had both taken a shower, he sat down on the bed. My heart was pounding because morning was approaching fast and my daughter would be up soon. At the time, I had rules...He had to come over after she went to bed, and had to be gone before sunrise, but he was stretching them... He said, "why do we keep playing this game. I like you a lot, and I know you like me. I'm single and so are you. We're only sexing each other...so let's take it to another level. I promise you won't regret it." I was nervous for the most part, but I did it. Soon after that, he met my child and it's been an uphill journey since then. We have had a few obstacles, but we have made it thus far... I won't say that he is my soul mate. I don't even know that there is such a thing. But I do believe I found the person that was created for me...the dimpled smile still gets to me...

We are sitting here doing our regular morning routine. There is NO talking going on. I am not a morning person, and they know better...He's sitting across from me eating his breakfast. My daughter is at the other end of the table trying to get the prize out of the box of cereal even though she's not eating it(note to self...don't eat the Captain Crunch) and I am typing away on my laptop, drinking herbal tea. It's supposed to be a warm day today and we are all going out later this afternoon.

Moments like these make me cherish what I have. As I look at my child I realize that I made the right decision. Though I was young and scared and I had a big choice to make. I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, but I chose to keep her. I look at those eyes staring back at me, and I'm glad I made the right choice.

He's looking at me as I am staring at my child, as if he knows exactly what I'm thinking. He reaches for my hand. He strokes my palm gently before he kisses my hand.

I have been through so much with men...and life in general. I am in a good place. My bills are paid, and I am happy. I've made some big decisions in my life, and they have worked out good for me.

I chose to bring my child into this world...I chose to work my way up, and go out on the limb for a better job...I chose to buy a home...I chose to finally trust what a man told me...I'm glad I did!


What decision(s) have you made in your life (even though they may have been hard) that you don't regret...

12 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Good Morning Luvin Me,
    Let's see. I purchased a house on lil' to no money. I am returning to school, again, lil' to no money for that or much of anything else. LOL. I am dating again, I am trusting men again.... I always pray for little to no regrets. That is the way it has worked out actually, every time I have stepped out on faith I either learn something to better myself in some way or I am victorious. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the trend continues.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @enigma...Good for you. It's hard for me to step out of my comfort zone, but so far so good!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    that's a cute story... i love ya'll relationship.. when i read ur stories it's like looking in a mirror of myself and seeing my future w/ my boyfriend...

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Don't regret leaving him...

    Don't regret going back to school...

    Don't regret having my child...

    Not to sound generic, but I really don't have regrets for my decisions because I've learned from most of them that didn't go the way I wanted.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Moving to Atlanta with no support system here yet I had an infant and a 6 year old. At the time, all my family lived up in PA/MD and IL I was leaving California in a hurry (long story) and decided to move somewhere he couldn't find me. I chose ATL for the cost of living vs standard of living. It was the best decision ever. I have gotten 2 degrees, purchased a home and found the Lord since moving here. While I didn't realize it at the time, I was just following a path already laid out for me. Great post today!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...That's a good thing. I decided that intead of complaing abnout what I don't have. I'll start appreciating the things that I do have, more.

    @mznew...I'm glad things are working out well for you!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Reading your stories makes me want to kidnap someone and make her love me like that. LOL! With my luck I'll find someone with a kidnapping fetish or something and she'll still be a nutjob. However when I find someone reasonably sane, I hope we're as lovey dovey as you and yours.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...Awwww...Now you're making me question whether or not you're a real meanie!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Why is everyone up so early??? lol. I chose to move away from my mother and all of the closest people in my life for my personal growth and it has been something to blog about.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    I moved to Atl with very lttle. But I am glad I am here.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    1st off...your post made me cry. don't ask me why, i don't know.

    Ah, this past weekend i learned alot, and the one thing i don't regret, the choice i made was to love a man who couldn't love me nor hisself. I don't regret that choice, it has given me much- heartache, heartbreak and whats not but it has made me a better man.

    thanks for a silent reminder.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...It's a good feeling isn't it?

    @valentino...That's a big step. It would be VERY hard for me to do...

    @deepnthought...Glad it worked out for you.

    @emotionalbrotha...hard lessons come when we least expect them..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home