LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Just Chillin' With My Friends...

My friends and I got together at my place last night. It was a typical Monday for all of us, and we just needed to unwind and talk a bit. Softspoken and Ambitious brought the food so I didn't
have to lift a finger. I might fire up the grill this weekend. The first of the month is coming and you know how people get around that time. Maybe a dip in the pool and some good food will help lighten the mood in my little circle...

You know we can't get together without having a good conversation...The topic last night was sexual frustration...Everyone was giving their two cents. Talking about how long it's been...How they were looking for good sex...How they were looking for intimacy... How there were no good men/women on the market. My man and I sat there in silence. Listening to the whole thing. I really didn't have anything to say because I haven't been frustrated in a while.

So then came the next conversation. How long can you go without sex voluntarily? I had to open my big mouth. This is a subject I know a little something about. I can go for a long time without it. I have done it before...Before my man and I were sex buddies...But that was then, and this is now. The conversation was really deep. Was I turning into a borderline nymph? How big of a role does sex play in a relationship. I let them know that my relationship was fulfilling on so many levels. I'm not looking for anything. They would not let up! They kept coming at me with different scenarios and I had an answer for them all. But why was I defending my relationship? It is what it is, and I am happy with it. My man could tell that I was getting tired of the questions, so of course he took over where I left off. It amazes me how he is able to shut people up without ever raising his voice of getting irate for a moment. He got them off of us quickly. They were looking, but they didn't dare ask him another question. I tried to tell them that he had another side but they didn't believe me. Now they know. Mr Wonderful can get Mr Wonder-Crunk if he needs to.

How dependent are we on sex as individuals?

How long should you be with someone before starting a sexual relationship?

Are you into casual sex?

12 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    How dependent are we on sex as individuals?
    The sexual act is apart of our human nature. We depend on it for the survival of our genes *text book answer I know* LOL

    How long should you be with someone before starting a sexual relationship?
    It all depends so I have no answer for that.

    Are you into casual sex?
    Depends on the day. Today I am not into it, but ask me on a day I am real horny and I may respond differently! LOL

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...procreation isalways the right answer...LOL

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    How dependent are we on sex as individuals?

    I think that depends on the person.... I for one love sex but I have been accused of being a NUN in training a few times! LOL

    How long should you be with someone before starting a sexual relationship?


    Again it depends on the person I made my ex wait almost a year and things went bad but I slep with my husband after 2 weeks and we have been together going on 14 years.

    Are you into casual sex?

    I have never been into casual sex but then again I didn't reall have that option I married my husband while still in my teens

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Alright for Mr. WonderCrunk...lol...

    You KNOW my answer. Intimacy in 06 !!!!!!! ugh...lol

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i was once into casual sex.. no longer since i have a man

    how long to wait.. w/ my man now.. we waited about 6 months.. usually i would wait about 3.. it all depends on the 2 involved

    dependence.. sex is great! i cant deny it... but it shouldnt be what the relationship is revolved around although often times we allow ourselves to become trapped in that mindset...

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...I guess it does depend on the person...

    @valentino...Yep,I know...

    @southern gal...That's very important. Some people equate good sex to love...pitiful...

    @ttd...True...It shouldn't be the basis of a relationship.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    How dependent are we on sex as individuals?
    Sex is natural, sex is good, not everybody does it but everybody should. Got me quoting song lyrics, lol. That's a toughy. I know that if I had to give up sex forever, I could, but I wouldn't want to and it would absolutely be near the bottom of my "things I'd want to live without" list.

    How long should you be with someone before starting a sexual relationship?
    Depends on the person, comfort level, seriousness & type of relationship, and a bunch of little and not so little mental intangibles. I personally don't have a set time and I usually end up having sex with my girlfriends earlier then they normally claim to.

    Are you into casual sex?
    I've done it before but I'm not really into casual things be it sex, friendships, or pretty much anything else.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...I wouldn't want to give it up either...

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    How dependent are we on sex as individuals?
    lol@freakydeaky. Ok, George. We all know how dependent he is on sex. I digress, I think we are all dependent on sex, but because we are rational human beings you can go without it.

    How long should you be with someone before starting a sexual relationship?
    A lot of my male friends tell me they don't respect a girl who gives it up too quick, but I say forget that. I like to have sex ASAP. There is nothing worse than getting to know a dude and liking him and then finding out he can not hang. Ick. And the truth is no amount of patience can help if a dude just can't fuck. Then you're stuck because you feel like a shallow biotch for dumping a guy because he can't fuck.

    Are you into casual sex?
    Nah, it isn't usually that good. I mean I have had a few one night stands, but they've rarely been amazing.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mizjj...I'm with you on this one. As a responsible adult, only you know when you're ready to do your thing...

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Casual sex is cool if you are living life casually...

    But now, I want more out of life, therefore I want more out of relationships. Sex cures but isn't the answer for everything. Now that I'm older I want to have a connection and intimacy with a person before getting into bed.

    As far as, starting a sexual relationship, that varies. There have been times where initially I wasn't attracted to someone sexually and we waited. Then with my BD, we was jumpin each others bones on sight...

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @nsane...To me, sex is so much better when there is intamacy involved...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home