LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Didn't Do Anything Wrong...Did I?

I sat patiently waiting for my man. I was meeting him for dinner and he was running a little late. The waiter seated me in corner, where I could see everything. I was checking the place out. I loved the decor and the ambiance. I was doing just fine...Alone...Minding my own business.

...Then our eyes met. No, it couldn't be. Was this the same guy I ran into at the mall a few months back? The one that I shared a brief conversation with...The one that I had to take a second look at...Yes, it was him. I looked away quickly. Those deep ,dark, almond eyes seemed to be looking right through me. When I looked up, he was still staring at me...This time he was smiling,flashing those beautiful white teeth. I couldn't help but to smile in return. Once again, I looked away. But I felt his eyes getting closer. My heart was racing. Not because he was getting closer, but because I knew that my man was on his way...Oh no, don't come over here...

He stopped at my table, and asked if I was dining alone. I told him that I was waiting for someone, and he sat down anyway. He said he wouldn't stay long. He was cocky, a tad bit arrogant. It both intrigued me and annoyed me at the same time. He looked at my ring and smiled. I smiled back.

He said, "Happy?"

I said, "Very."

He said, Good."

Why was he still sitting there? My heart was racing. How would I explain the flushed look on my face to the man I love? He knew exactly what he was doing, and he loved it...

I said, "It was nice to see you again(wishing that he would get up...He didn't...He just sat there an tortured me a few moment longer.)"

I saw my man walk in the door. I guess he could tell by the look on my face. Just as the hostess was bringing him to the table, He got up, smiled, and walked back to his seat at the bar.

My man didn't see him. But he saw my face. He started apologizing...He thought I was upset because he was late. I felt so guilty, and I hadn't done anything wrong.

That's the main reason I don't cheat. I can't handle the lying and the creepin'. I can't take the pressure.

He kept watching me from his seat at the bar. I asked my man if he minded if I sat next to him. My man was happy...thought I just wanted to be close to him. I was happy because He could no longer look me in the face.

He got up to go to the restroom. Why did He have to pass our table to go? Why did He stop briefly at our table to say hello? Why did my man ask me if I knew Him after he left? Why didn't I know His name? I never asked. He didn't know my name either. We started as passing strangers, and that's how we left it. A quick look back was all we shared as we parted ways a few months back at the mall, but I couldn't forget his face...his eyes. How could I explain this to my man in a way that he could understand? I told him that I didn't know Him either... It bothered me for the rest of the evening.

When we got home, I explained the whole situation to him. He understood...I had to omit a few minor details...But he's a smart one, so I he filled in the blanks with his own thoughts...

I thought it was over. He woke me up an hour later and asked, "Did you want him?" I said, "No, you are the only man that I want." He held me, and went back to sleep.

This whole little episode has brought a small stain of curiosity into my relationship...I'm curious as to why this man had an affect on me, but I WILL NOT act on curiosity. It ALWAYS gets me into trouble. My man was curious for a moment to know if I was interested in another man...I'm glad things are okay now.

It takes small situations like this to keep us on our toes. It helped me to realize how much I love my man, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. It helped my man to realize that he can't stop doing what he doing...Because just like that, another brotha will try to come and take what he has...

He's already making plans for the evening...So much for a busy work week...

I have EVERYTHING that I need in my man... and I won't let anything or anyone mess that up.


Have you even been in a situation that you felt like you had no control over?

Have you ever been in a compromising situation between two people that YOU didn't really put yourself into? How did you handle it?

16 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i had a few moments of curiosity before... but as you.. didnt let curiousity get the best of me.. i have a good thing & dont want to take any chances in fucking that up!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @TTD...Exactly...

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    ooooooo if that ain't a forbidden fruit in The Garden of Eden...sorry you know my mommy is a minister.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Valentino...OMG. You're a preacher's kid...no wonder...

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...I had to tell him. I don't feel right when I keep things from him. Honesty got us to where we are today. So far, so good...

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    He sounds like a lot of guys I've know. That's one reason why I don't hang with dudes. They have no respect for each other and are constantly on the prowl and sniffing around. LOL.

    I try to keep myself out of situations that feed my curiousity and tempt me when I'm in a relationship. Makes things a lot easier in the long run.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...I try to stay out of situations too, but some guys just don't know when to quit...

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Have you even been in a situation that you felt like you had no control over?
    Yes and I don't like it most of the time

    Have you ever been in a compromising situation between two people that YOU didn't really put yourself into? How did you handle it?
    Not I can think of off bat.

    Just because you found your man it don't mean that you won't find other men attractive, your human. The same goes for him. It's what you do about it that counts the most.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...It just seems that the men are more persistent in their pursuit these days...

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Girl I have been there!!!! First, the temptation then the weird feeling you have when your man "walks in " on it.


    You did the right thing letting your man know that he is everything that you want and need.... but damn it why must temptation come in such a fine package? LOL

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    HE sounds pretty hot! You know what....you actually took me to a few levels with that one. First, thank GOODNESS you are human! I was wondering.....hands down, you have probably one of the best men in the world. So for you to have such a wonderful man and for HIM to turn your head..yeah, your human. Trust me, it happens. There is nothing wrong with a look, a stare or even a conversation. Just as long as it ends there and nothing more. He seemed respectful enough (although he could have left the return trip to the table alone). Stuff like that can either help or hurt a r'ship. Sounds like it helped for you.

    Does your man read your site????

    Oh, you just inspired me to write my next entry. Been thinking about doing it so might as well do it now...

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...and yes, he was fine.

    @terrance...Thanks for shedding a little light on the subject...No, my man doesn't read my site. None of my close friends or family know that I blog...For now, my secret is safe...

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    ok, lets keep it that way. I think my sisters have the site, but who knows if they read it or not. I kind of wish that some peeps who do have my site would just delete it from their favorites folder.... oh wel....

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    Whoa! In the words on Natalie Cole, if you got a good man you better keep him!

    I was in a situation similiar- however, I knew both of the men involved- one didn't want me, he just liked seeing what reaction he could get out of me, and no matter how much i tried to control it, the guilt sunk in and i was attracted to this man, who didn't love me, care about, nor give a damn about me- it was, i was food to his ego.

    On the other hand, the brotha i was with, loved me or so he said and i was truthful about the situation and left it alone, like ur man this brotha asked me did i want him, and at the time i didn't know, but i replied with no, but he does get underneath my skin- he doesn't understand this and probably never will.

    Situation like this, come to test us- to test and to hopefully help us to recognize what we have.

    It seems as if you have learned the lesson..

    So, i say this.. hold on to your good thing

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger That Dude Right There said…

    In the words of En Vogue "Hold on to your love! You got to hold on! Hold on to your love! You've got to hold to your love! Hey Hey! Baby hold on!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...If they found it, that would be the end of Luvin Me...

    @emotionalbrotha...Believe me, I will.

    @that dude...LOL...I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home