LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Don't Want To Grow Up...

I didn't get my cousin's girls. They were disappointed but I think I made the best decision. I just called my cousin up and said, "unfortunately there will be gay people at my house today, and I know how you feel about them around your children so I think it's best that I leave them at home." Then I hung up the phone. I didn't wait for a response. I didn't need one...We still had a blast!

Yesterday I had a chance to be a big kid. Even though the temperature was in the triple digits, we rode go-carts( I have two and my male cousin has two. We lucked up on them about a year ago. I was helping him move and as we were riding back, we passed a place where we used to ride go-carts, and they had a big sign that said Going Out of Business Sale. Of course we stopped. They were selling the one seaters for $50 and the 2 seaters for $75. Each person could only buy two...Dang! We put the 4 of them in the back of that moving truck and went on our way.) My brother did the minor repairs and painted them. He and my daughter ride them more than I do. I'm glad I found them. I had my cousin bring his two over on Monday so my brother could make sure they were working like they should.

The good thing about living in Texas is, there is a lot of wide open space. I have this huge park down the street from my house. One side of the park is reserved for play. The other side is green as far a s you can see, and there are a lot of trees so there was a lot of shade. We had so much fun out there, but I think we polished off a case of drinking water. After we left the park we went home and showered,and I took everyone out to dinner. By now, my man had joined the party. After dinner I took them to a movie, and then we went back to my house to swim. I will be dropping them all off at summer day camp in a couple of hours and I can't wait! I had a good time but I am soooo tired.

The smile on my daughter's face yesterday almost brought tears to my eyes. She was so happy just to have people to play with. I have made the descision that after we get married, I am going to go ahead and try for more kids. Even though it might be tough (before and after I have them), I am going to give it a shot for myself, my daughter, and my man.

My parents are having a big cook out this weekend for my daughter's birthday. There is supposed to be a little rain, but that has never stopped my family. My mom and my aunts will change the menu and cook if they have to. We need the rain so badly anyway so I won't complain... I love getting together with family, having good food and friends at my parent's house. I am so happy it's not at my house. Although I love my peeps, it seems like after they leave, I am cleaning up for 3 days.

When was the last time you acted like a big kid? Don't you wish you could go back sometimes...just give up all the responsibilities and have no worries?

20 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i ALWAYS want to go back to being a big kid! i hate having responsibilities.. i always want to go back but then i remmeber that i need money :-)

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...The only downfall to being a kid again is being told what to do...Oh yeah, having your own money is a good thing too!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    When I go home to see my parents I love acting like a big kid with my nephew....we run, jump, scream and play fight. I have a BLAST!!! It's so nice to let go and be free and forget even for a second that you're are an adult and that you have bills..if I could go back and be a billionaire kid with no bills heck yea and do what I want LOL

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    I think about that ALL the time. Life just seemed so much simplier then, but I think I like where I am in my life right now.

    The last time I acted like a big kid was over the 4th of July. Me and all of my cousins (all over the age of 21 with the exception of 1) got together and rode go-carts at the beach. We had too much fun!

    I have to say that I love your blog. You are truly an inspiration for me to keep my head up in spite of all of the crazy things that happen to me on a regular basis. I just hope that I can find true love the same way that you did.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I love acting like a kid! This Weekend I promised my girls that I would teach them how to jump double dutch, Im think I still go it!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...I see the new profile pic girl!

    @shug...Thanks for stopping by! I think everyone deserved to be loved the same way...

    @msnhim...Now don't come back on Monday talking about you're getting old...I hope you have fun with the girls!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    The last time I acted like a kid was when I walked around with my inflatable sword and screamed like pirate at people. It was fun. It reminds me of when I was a kid and would hide in the shadows and scare the hell out of someone half asleep at 2 in the morning by screaming boo.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...What is it with you and this facination with scaring people?

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Last time I acted like a big kid was last night. Once or twice a week me and my kid play camping in her room. Fake campfire, blanket tents, all that. LOL we both have a good time.

    I miss being a kid.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...That sounds fun.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    I am totally scared to tell you this! The last time I acted like a kid was when me and my friends got together and got really, really tipsy. We started talking abot childhood games and one of them that some of us use to play was "Smurfs". What that entails is that you pick a smurf to emulate that you like. OR, the people in the room will pick the smurf for you.

    Of course, those messy tricks chose Vanity smurf for me so I was forced to carry around a mirror and a comb! (It was quietly fun).

    So there!!! True confessions!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Terrance...Not the Smurf...You know you liked it...

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I don't know what my fascination is with scaring people. I think it's funny. I've been told that it's the sadist in me acting out. Who knows?

    We had a game called Smurf but it had nothing to do with Smurfs, lol.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Freaky...I bet it didn't...

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger fuzzy said…

    The story of my life! Being a big kid. Congrats on the great time you had and good luck with the baby havin. When is the wedding date?

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @fuzzy...It's in January...

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    it is great to have carefree fun even if only for a day. your cousin's perception of gay dudes is not unlike the views of a lot of folk. i think i'll address that on my blog soon.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @omar...It is something that needs to be brought to the light...

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    I want some of the kid related stuff.But Could I please skip the asking permission to do stuff bit?

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @abeni... I like being my own boss too...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home