LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Just A Stolen Moment...

We were only in the office for about 2 and a half hours last night. One of my team members had a family emergency so we will be starting again today! Whew! I still have to work, but I don't have to think! We got the planning phase completed last night, so I get to work from home !

My man and I got to my house at about the same time last night. He was exhausted. He had pulled an 18 hour day. I worked most of the day at home, so I really didn't get much sleep either. I sat my things down, and without saying a word, I walked over to him, took his hand, and led him into the bedroom. He had a "What are you about to do" look on his face, but the smirk told me that whatever it was, he wanted it.

There was no resistance as I undressed him. I turned on the shower and he got in...I joined him. At that point I don't know where his exhaustion went. He was a madd man and I wanted it...I needed it...I loved it!

Those are the types of days that I love. No complaining about how bad our day was...No complaining about our lack of sleep...No complaining about our problems... Actually, we never really said anything to each other. We let our bodies do the talking....and what a great conversation it was...

Have you ever been with a person that you don't have to tell what you want, they just know? Not necessarily a lover, but a friend as well. They know when you need a hug, or a shoulder to cry on, or when you just need to be alone.

We have that connection...We just know...

Have you ever felt like you were connected to another person?

I can tell by the look in his eyes, or the expression on his face what he wants and needs. It's weird, but it's there. It's hard to find someone that you can sit around all day and do nothing with, yet you talk to them about everything...and I mean everything! He makes me feel safe, and comfortable. When I am in his arms, I am at total peace. It's one thing to say that you will take care of everything, but it's another thing to do it...and he does it.

I'm not going to go on and on about him today. He's just getting up, so I'm going to enjoy my last few moments with him before he is off to work...Maybe there will be an encore of last night's performance. Until next time...

Have you ever felt like you were at the right place, at the right time in your life?

9 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I don't know how many times I can say that what you and your soon to be husband have is very special.

    I have had connections with folks before and I have felt like I was at the right place at the right times on several occasions. :-)

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Ladynay...Happy B-day, again!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    You all are so cute. It's funny how God creates something just for you :)

    I've met people who I know are in my life for a reason and even when they are no longer in my life I still thank God for the experience of having them there and that they taught me.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...Yes, he was created just for me, and I'm glad I found him...

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I have that connection with My husband and My 2 Sisters (by choice) .They just seem to know me, sometimes better than I know myself.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I have that connection with both of my best friends. I don't think I've ever had it with a lover. If so it wasn't nearly as strong as it is with my best friends.

    I haven't felt like I was in the right place at the right time in awhile now. I think I remember the feeling.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mshim...It's good that you share that kind of connection with other people.

    @freaky...Hopefully you'll get that feeling back soon...It's a good one.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    Girl, damn!!! You make me wanna fall in love again!! That's what I miss about being in a r'ship... When you look into someone's eyes and they just......know. That connection is there and words will just f*ck it up if you say it. That bath idea was nice...*sigh* I remember those days. Bathing each other, rubbing each other, touching each other, lathering each......oh, I gotta get the hell out of here!!!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...Good relationships are a lot of fun...notice I said GOOD first! You might wnt to take a step back before you get yourself into trouble...

    bab o...Yeah, you might want to get that back...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home