LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, July 21, 2006

I Deserve Him...

Over and over again I ask myself, "Why is he so good to me? Why is he so patient with me? Why does he take time to care about the little things that even I forget? Why does he love me so much?"

Heck...I'm the reason! At first I concluded after being in several relationships with the wrong men, that my man being good to me was the sole reason why we have a good relationship, but I was only seeing half of the picture. It wasn't until later that I saw how much I contribute to the success of our relationship.

I am giving this man everything he needs...We are both financially stable so there is no money drama. It is very important to have stability(not just with finances), BEFORE you try to bring someone into your life on a permanent basis. Now it's not all about money, but the fact that we don't have to worry about how we are going to pay our bills is a big help. That's not to say that we don't have times when we have to pinch pennies just like everyone else, but we both work extremely hard. I spend ONLY what I have and nothing more. What I mean by that is, just because I have money in the bank doesn't mean I have money to spend on just anything... From the late night conference calls to the emergency runs to the office at 3:00 a.m., we work to maintain what we have. My computer is on 24-7. I actively put in my 40 hours a week just like everyone else, but on top of that I am expected to be available at ALL TIMES...

Getting back to my relationship...

When he needs space, I give it to him. When he needs affection, I am right there. When he needs someone to talk to, I listen(even though sometimes I want to give my opinion, I had to realize that if he didn't ask for it, he really didn't want to hear it. He was just being nice by listening to what I had to say in return) . When he needs to be "handled" I take care of business...I cook, I clean...I do everything( But he doesn't mind doing it at all)...I stroke his ego on a regular basis, so when he leaves me, he feels like he can conquer the world.

My daughter was with her dad yesterday, so after my teen session, I went to my man's place. As usual, he catered to me and I didn't lift a finger. He bought me some sexy underwear...The boy has taste I tell you!

I won't get into all the details, but lets just say that yesterday, he gave me exactly what I needed...Good food, good conversation, and great sex...Oh yeah, sexy underwear are always a plus.

I've said this time and time again...Always find a partner who loves you more than you love them. That's not to say that in reality, the love is not matched equally, but when you have to wonder who loves who more, nothing but good can come from it...

When was the last time that you got what you needed from another person? (Whether it be true friendship (which encompasses a lot), sex, conversation, time, money, or just the honest to God's truth?

12 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    First!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I get just about everything I need from my man. He is my best friend and I count on him alot. He listen when I just need to vent and hold me when Im just feeling blue.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger ILLstate said…

    Love is a beautiful thing

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...Isn't that the best thing in the world? For someone to just be there...

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @illstate...Yes it is! Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    You make a good point about stability being important...I love to come here and read about ur love for each other.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @valentino...And I love it when you stop by...

    @dee...He'll come when you least expect it.

    And yes, my cousin needs to get a clue.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    WOW...love is so cool. Glad you know what it takes to maitain a true loving relationship. keep it up..you definitely do deserve it.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @omar...Thank you...

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    You deserve one another, that's why your together! :-)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    i don't think there is anything else wifey and can do...she's done everthing i wished for in a marriage and then some...and boy do i mean and then some!!!! oh boy!!!!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Thanks.

    @sarccastik...I see you two are holding it down!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home