LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Your Mom Is Nuts!

Let me start by saying, I am a very patient person. I am understanding, and I normally get along with people very easily once I get to know them. There is one exception to the rule, my future mother-in-law.

We spent the holiday with his family. It was nice for the most part. But, I had a strange feeling. His mother followed me around the whole time...watching me...waiting for me to make one false move. This lady is nuts. She has had all of her sons to herself all this time, but now that he is getting married, she can't take it. She has basically planned my whole wedding, and we haven't even set a date. So we opted to get married on an island. We haven't chosen the place yet, we just know it will not be at home. She is going to lose it when she finds out after the fact...

At first I thought I was being paranoid. but my man saw it too. When I fixed my plate she made a comment about how I should be careful what I ate because I had to be sure I would look nice in my wedding dress. My man and I work out 3 days a week. What in the world was she talking about? When I walked around and mingled, she had to in on every conversation. She introduced me to all of her friends. It was really creepy. My Boo had been watching her the whole day as well. He said, "I hate to say this, but I think my mother is jealous of you." I had been thinking that already, but I didn't say anything about it. You know how men are when it comes to their mothers...

It's weird. It's like she's trying to make me into this perfect daughter-in-law when in fact, I'm not perfect. She is very snobbish. She brags about her sons all the time. Now that I am getting into the family, I guess she feels the need to fix me up so that I'll fit into her perfect family...It's not going to happen. I will never be what she wants me to be, and I won't try. I am who I am. Take it or leave it. I can see that we are going to butt heads quite often.

My man and I went and sat off to ourselves so that we could talk. She came right over and tried to get in on the conversation and we just stopped talking. She got upset because we didn't allow her to get in on it. She gave us the dirtiest look and walked away. This woman has some serious control issues. I am strong willed, and stubborn at times, so we might not get along AT ALL. I hate to go into a marriage disliking my mother-in-law but she needs to back off.

My mother and I went shopping Monday afternoon, and she came by my house for a little while afterwards. My man's mother called while my mom was there, and she brought her behind to my house. She had the most disturbed look on her face when she saw how much fun we were all having, laughing and talking to my mom. My mom and I are very close and I think she is looking for that type of relationship with me. I don't want that. I already have one mother. She turned around and left as quickly as she came.

I am to the point now where I won't even eat at her house. It's sad but I don't trust her at all. It's just something about her. She's a perfectionist and she wants everyone around her to fit into her perfect world. It's not going to happen. I don't fit in any puzzle. I am me and that's all I can be. I refuse to conform to make someone else happy.

I don't know what's wrong with this woman, but believe me, I have my eyes wide open. I try to stay one step ahead of her.

Have you ever had someone in your life that makes you feel strange? Like they have ulterior motives?

15 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    To answer your question...no

    I don't even know what to comment about your future momma in law, but I do hope you guys can be civil.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Oh Please dont get me started on the Mother-in-law issues. Mine has been trying to break up my marriage for the last 13 years.... I got to give it to her she is a very persistant bitch! LOL

    Dont let her get to you, the less you deal with her the better

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I'll try, but it will be hard.

    @msnhim...My sentiments exactly!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i hope that things get better b/w u & ur future mother-n-law

    i feel some type of way about my future mother-n-law... not like she has ulterior motives.. but like she feels some type of way about me but wont be completely honest about it.. im like oh well, i can be civil but she's not who im marrying so im not stressing it!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    At least your man is recognizing what is going on or else you'd be seriously screwed. It's rare that a man will notice the real deal when it comes to their own mother.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I just stay away from her...


    @mzjj...That was the reason that I didn't mention it, but I'm glad he saw it too.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    His mom kind of sounds like my grandmother.

    I think most people that have come into my life with ulterior motives were easily spotted and fortunately were even more easy to get rid of or ignore.

    I hope the situation improves and nothing drastic has to happen.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Freaky...I do too. I have a feeling that this whole thing might get ugly.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    YES! It's a creepy feeling when you think someone in yur life is cooking up something behind the scenes...i'm glad you are in touch with your 6th sense ...keep those eyes open. i'll be praying that no extreme dram pops up. I love you and the Boo as a couple and parents can be mad influential. but i'm positive y'all will endure. *smile*

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @omar...Thanks for the positive advice. My friends think I'm trippin' but that's just because they haven't spent much time around her. She looks so nice to the untrained eye but if you look closely you can see the darkness within...

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    HELL yeah. my soon to be ex mother in law was the exact same way. she came with all kinds of little snide remarks. the only time he noticed was when she left a really nasty message on the answering machine and even then he said the anger wasn't directed at me. oh well.

    bottom line...as long as ya man has ya back with that, it's all good. that might be his mom but you're his future wife. brothas gotta make that choice from jump.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...no

    @nikki...So far he has been in my corner. I guess he knows her better than I do...

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Hmmm. I don't have a mother in law as of yet so don't know about that. But I know dating guys causes me to somewhat wonder if they have ulterior motives...but I get tired of trying to "figure" it all out so I do me and they can go kick rocks....glad you had a nice holiday!!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Nope,thankfully.

    The best you can do is keep it on a civil level.Hopefully,with time you both can have a better relationship

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey..."kick rocks"...I know what you mean !

    @abeni...I hope so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home