LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, June 26, 2006

No Substitute For A Good Man

I am really feeling these biker boys. They are so much fun to hang out with. I got a total of about 5 hours of sleep over a three day period, so I am draggin' a little this morning...

Those of you that read my blog often know that I speak fondly of my man. Just when I thought he couldn't get any better, he does something to prove me wrong. He's the type of person that will give the cashier the money back when he's gotten too much change back...You know...Just a good guy.

You would think that, after you spend so much time around a person you know just about everything about them, but I am learning new things everyday. Good things. I never get tired of being around him. I love the fact that he doesn't smother me...He gives me the opportunity to be me...To have my own time, and my own space. It just makes me want to be around him more! The more I make love to him, the more he wants me...I won't be cliche' and say that my man is my soul mate, because I don't know if there is a such thing. But I will say this...I have never loved a man in this way. I love this man with my soul. I love the way he looks... feels... smells... speaks... thinks...The way that he treats me( he can go from treating me like a delicate flower one minute to bending me over and taking it from behind the next)...I love the way he pays attention to the smallest things. I love the way we end each argument with a smile, because we agree to disagree. I could go on, but I'll stop.

A love like this comes only once in a lifetime, and I will cherish it. You don't know love until you've had the chance to appreciate love, and to have the love that you give a person reciprocated tenfold.

I know that he loves me in return. It's not because of the diamond on my left hand, but rather the diamond our love has formed in out hearts...He shows me that nothing can come between us, even though we are tested almost EVERYDAY! We were talking yesterday about how people are out there looking for diamonds, but they forget that the must first start with a lump of coal. Just like coal, the relationship starts out new and raw. From the outside it's not very appealing, but you know what awaits...you know what you have and what you are expecting, but the process takes time and cultivation. I am glad that I have my diamond now...It's rare to find someone that you can talk to,laugh with and cry with, about anything. My man has now become my best friend. He hasn't taken Softpoken's place, he has formed a new place for himself.

I've learned that if you feel something for a person, you should tell them. So not only did I tell him, I'm telling you, I love my man. Whole-heartedly...and I will love him as much as I can, for as long as I can.

What gives you joy? For me it's my child, my man, and my family....Maybe it's a hobby, or a friend for you? Do tell...

13 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Darn you for making me all sappy this morning! UGH! *wink*

    What gives me joy? My fam, making others smile, music, blah blah blah

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Maybe it's exhaustion, but I'm in a sappy mood today...

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    5 hours in 3 days?? i cant handle 5 hours in 1 day! LOL

    my man & my family/friends make me happy..

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    What gives me joy? My family & friends, my dog, learning something new, unexpected compliments and praise, 75 degree partly cloudy with a slight or moderate breeze weather in the summer time, etc.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger thee modern isis said…

    what gives me joy?

    it would have to be my granny and my 8 year old brother. The old and the young.. they have a way of making my worst days brighter just from their presence or smile.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    this ain't sappy! this is happy!

    what makes me happy...

    music
    my brother, mom, and dad
    writing
    reading something that moves me
    empowering folk

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Can I just follow you around for like a month and take notes...

    My Family
    Dancing
    Makin People Laugh
    My Friends
    Shopping...or even browsing...hehe

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    I guess you're right about tellin people how you feel, but I guess I just don't like being all exposed...

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    Wow!! I know you got to be listening to Jill Scott.. he loves me.. it's special... I'm happy for u.. Go luven me!!

    What gives me joy? freedom,
    blushing
    make someone else blush
    being human
    my freinds
    my family
    being able to breathe air without restraint or recourse
    hope

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    My family and friends definitely bring me joy. Glad you're having fun with the biker boys. Just be careful!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Joy comes everyday from my family and friends.... Life isn't the same without someone to share it with!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I echo what many of the others have said. My family, friends, and feeling loved is what brings me joy. Good music, food, and wine bring me joy to ;-)

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    I'm glad that eveyone is feeling loved!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home