LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To Spank or Not To Spank...

and no this is not kinky people...

I think that all kids need some form of discipline. Without it, you can't control them. My man caught my daughter doing something a few weeks back, and got onto her about it. I was in the kitchen, and they were outside by the pool. She was running close to the pool and he asked her to stop, but she stopped on "her time", not right when he asked. She is getting to an age where she is starting to test me a little more. A few minutes later, she was running again.

I saw and heard the whole things. I called my daughter into the house, and took care of business. My man was sort of irritated because I didn't let him handle the situation. He said that he could have taken care of it. My daughter is the type of child that will cry if you yell at her, so he said that all he had to do was raise his voice and she would have done what he asked. I on the other hand, was trying to help him out, but I guess in all actually, he really didn't need any help with this one.

As the mother of a daughter, I have a problem with a man, that is not her father, hitting my little girl. I don't mind him talking to her, and telling her right from wrong...I just don't think he should hit her. Husband or not. My man agrees with this completely. He is such a softy when it comes to me or my daughter. If he tells me something that she has done wrong, I know and trust him enough to know that he is telling me the truth, so I'll get on her ASAP...I want to form a united front when it comes to discipline in the household, but I still have a problem with a man hitting my kid. Plus, her dad is a FOOL and a half. He would come un-glued if I did allow my man to spank her.

Do you feel like step-parents should be allowed to spank children?

Do you feel it is a different situation depending on if the child is a girl or boy?

What are your thoughts on discipline?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I totally believe in spankings and I use them as a last resort. Normally my girls I only have to tell them something once but every now and then they want to test me and thats when they get "popped" as I call it.

    I would not let a man outside my husband spank my kids.... that something that should come from the biological parent especially for little girls... and I would never pop someone else's kid. I leave that to their parent

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...I don't believe in hitting other people's kids either.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Do you feel like step-parents should be allowed to spank children?
    NO!

    Do you feel it is a different situation depending on if the child is a girl or boy?
    NO!

    What are your thoughts on discipline?
    I think there is a time for a stern talk and there is a time for a stern pop!

    I wish some man would try and put his hands on my kid (hubby or not)! That's over the line to me. Also, like your child's father, if he ever got word he would lose his mind!

    I wouldn't think I would hit my significant's others child. I would want them to mind me, but I wouldn't put my hands on them...

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger thee modern isis said…

    I believe in spankings and as msnhim said.. as a last resort. If I've spoken to him time and time again, and still no results then I pop him one. He does try and test me every now and then but it happens.

    No, I definitely would not let a man spank my child other then his father. I wouldn't spank kids that aren't mine.. (even though I might want to lol).. but I'll make the parent so that they can handle their business.

    boy, girl, doesn't matter.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I agree 100%.

    @modern isis...I have a cousin who allows her boyfriend to spank her son, but not her daughter. I think that's nuts, but you can't tell grown people what to do.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    I say no because I don't like spankings at all anyway...but I'm not a parent...so there that is...

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i dont think it's cool. i think he can discipline her w/o hitting her (which it seems he was trying to do anyways) i think the step-parent should do the talking & the actual parent needs to do the beating!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @valentino...I felt that way until I was a mother...

    @ttd...And beklieve me...I have no problem with it!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I wouldn't let a man outside of my husband spank my child either...there are other forms of discipline..however if he's been around her or him for as long as they've been little he knows how I want them raised and knows my standards...if I get married and my husband had other children I probably wouldn't spank them cause you get into that whole good parent bad parent thing and who wants to be a meanie..now my own kids are gonna get torn up LOL..sike let me stop

     

Post a Comment

<< Home