LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Ride or Die

Ambitious had his birthday party Saturday night. It was very classy. At least that';s how it was planned...He threw it at his club and might I say, the boy knows how to entertain. He spared no expense. It was the event of the season...

My man is normally a rational thinker. He thinks before he acts or speaks. Few things trigger his bad side, and it is hard to make him upset, but once you do, you better run! That is the only time he loses his head. But he has to be provoked. Normally I am the one who gets into trouble, but this weekend, we had to ride together! I am his ride or die chic!

My man and I hosted the party so we were walking around, making sure all of the guests were having a good time. The party was by invitation only because it was so costly. It was elegant. Ambitious gave gifts to everyone. Not cheap gifts, VERY NICE gifts... The food was expensive as well. So with all the costs involved, he kept his guest list down to about 50 guests, and each invited guest was allowed to bring one guest with them so we estimated a crowd of about 100 people, give or take a few.

One of his friends brought two guests. Because Ambitious is such a nice person, he told his friend that it was okay, and he let both of her guests in since they were both already there. What did he do that for? My friend Green Eyes, who has always been jealous of Ambitious, was livid. He nearly blew a gasket ranting and raving about it. He wanted to bring 2 guests and Ambitious told him no from the start...We are used to it. He always has something to say about anything Ambitious does, so my circle of friends and I were really not surprised. But what happened next is what got me...

After about two or three minutes of him acting a fool, he was starting to settle down, but why did one of Ambitious' other friends come out of no where and push him into a wall. Actually he was Ambitious' cousin, and he was straight hood. A thug in high priced gear. He was dressed nicely, but he still had that street edge(so sexy). He had been watching the whole thing and said he couldn't take that dude messing up his cousin's party. Green Eyes, not to be out done, hit the dude back, and then it was one. Green Eyes was trying to get with him, but that dude was kicking my boy's a**!

My man and and Ambitious managed to break them up. Ambitious' cousin's girl(you follow me) was in the restroom the whole time. When she came out all she saw was that the music had stopped and my man was holding her man. She walked over to my man and scratched his neck from behind. WTF?

Now after Anger Management, a new dress, manicure, pedicure, and the works I was too flyy to be fighting, but seeing her scratch him unleashed something within me that I thought I had left behind. I grabbed her before I knew it. It was like everything that I learned disappeared at that moment, and I was back to my old self. Now I'm not one of those hair pulling, type of sistahs...I throw blows! I didn't let her get close enough to scratch or pull anything. The girl really didn't have any fight in her. I punched her a couple of times. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to let her know the she had scratched the wrong brotha! The first one was a right hook to the left eye, and it landed nicely if I do say so myself...It was over from there. She was down for the count, screaming and holding her bruised eye, so it was no need to keep hitting the girl. Her man didn't have any sympathy for her. He just stood over her saying, "I can't believe you just got your a** beat in front of all the people." To add insult to injury, he left her lying there. Ambitious helped her up. I even got her some ice from the bar. I felt sorry for her because he left her there like that. She was trying to help him. I had proven my point so it was no need to keep acting crazy. I am not an evil person, but you will respect me and my mate...

After all the commotion was over. The DJ cranked the music back up, and the party went on. Even in the craziest situations, I am still a class act... So as we were leaving, I offered to take her home. I didn't feel bad about kicking her a**. That was necessary. I just felt bad for her because her man had abandoned her around a group of strangers. She got her behind kicked for him...Was it worth it?

We dropped her off, and my man and I talked and laughed about the fight all the way home. We laughed at how my boy Green Eyes got his "hat brought to him". We couldn't help but laugh at the chic though. The mark that she left on his neck was not bad at all. It was just the principle. I doctored him up when we got home. Somehow by the time it was all over, his neck was the last thing on his mind.

I think my man gets a real kick out of seeing me get crazy for him. He says it turns him on to see me fight for him. Not some wicked cat fight over him, but I fight to let him know that I have his back if he needs me. He says it makes him love me even more.

So today he is treating me to an unexpected day of pampering at the full service salon that I go to. I can't wait...and to think, all I had to do was beat a little a** to get it. LOL!


Would you fight if your mate was in need of your help or would you try to reason with the person?

14 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @G...Like I said. I'm not evil. I just believe in handling my business. If you were to see my guy and I out in pblic, you would ever know that we get down the way that we do, and that's the way I like it. I'm a classy lady in the streets, a freak in the sheets, and I am quick so beat a b**** down if necessary!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i'd whip somebody's a**!! no questions asked! cause i'd know he'd do the same for me.

    i thought u where going to say that he'd helped green eyes beat up ambitious' cousin.. LOL

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger lj said…

    Damn Bonnie...That's wassup though.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Somebody needs to put that on Youtube.com ! That says it all..you are officially the power couple. I'm not a fighter...(atleast not sober)

    BTW...I can't believe homeboy left ole girl there after she was tryin to have his back...see...

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Would you fight if your mate was in need of your help or would you try to reason with the person?

    I'm a lot more likely to fight for someone else than I am myself. I mean it takes a lot to get me to the point of putting my hands on someone if it's just me. I usually try to give both of us an out but if someone was attacking my baby it's explosive violent outburst now and reason some other time.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...That would have really been something.

    @lj...Thanks for atopping by...

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @valentino...Believe me, some situations will change you all together!

    @Freaky...Exactly. All I saw was him grab his neck. He looked at me as if to say, "help me baby" and I had to get her!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Would you fight if your mate was in need of your help or would you try to reason with the person?

    I am not a fighter, so my man would have to really NEED me to jump in and throw blows in order for me to do something like that.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    ladynay...I wish I could be passive. I had to get her!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    THATS MY GIRL!!!

    Cat fighting is so lame, 1 2 punch a bitch and its over....

    Thats how its supposed to be, ride or die forever!!!

    But you are nice, you took the chic home and everything, I'm surprised she wasn't scared to get in the car with yall after what just happened...*lol*

    What I'm trippin on, is, she ain't know what was going on, come out and scratch a nigga...I mean she was tryna do for her man, but at the same time, what the hell is a scratch gone do to a nigga?

    I'm pickin up something and knockin a nigga out, if he fuckin with my man...but I'm glad she didn't do that, considering she was in the wrong anyway...and yo ass would be in jail right now...

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @nsane...I'm glad she didn't either. I woulda cut that b****! And to think. I was doing so well with the anger and all...oh well, it's on once again!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    shyt that's what i'm talking 'bout some real GANGSTA SHYT!!!...now that's one thing i don't have to worry about my wifey has an engineering degree from Georgia Tech...but she's "STRAIGHT FROM THE DEC" shawt!!! that's one thing i don't have to worry 'bout...shyt i have to calm her down when some chick speaks to me and not her....good post

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I agree with Freaky. I am alot more likely to fight for someone I love than for myself.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @sarccastik...That's the only way to be...

    @southern gal...LOL!

    @nic...It's good to know that you'll have their back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home