LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

When You Need Me...

My man and I were sitting and talking yesterday. We do that a lot. What we have is more than physical attraction. We are connected on a deeper level. We can talk for hours...about anything. He found out yesterday that one of his close colleges, and friends, had a heart attack in his sleep Sunday night. I met him for the first time Friday night. He and his wife seemed very nice. He was in shape...and his heart was fine...He ate right...He didn't have any apparent physical...He was an avid runner...Didn't smoke or drink...The doctors said that stress caused his heart to stop beating. He was only 27 years old and had only been married for a year. He allowed his work to kill him!

It's times like these that make you realize just how short life can be. That's why I love and live my life to the fullest, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. I have relied on my man for strength and support, but yesterday, he needed me. He was in a solemn mood, and he just wanted to be held. For a while, we didn't say anything. We just laid there, holding each other tightly, both lost in our own thoughts. When he finally spoke, he said, "I am grateful for so many things."

He said, "I am grateful that you came into my life, and rescued me from myself. I was lost in my work, and so wrapped up in myself, that I didn't care how anyone felt about me or the things that I did. That could have been me. I have done a lot of wrong, but in the end, the right that I have done, outweighs it all. I put so much focus into my job, and myself, that I didn't realize that there was something better out there for me...You. I didn't think that love like this existed, nor did I think that I possessed the ability to love a woman in this way. I am grateful for everyday that I am allowed to make you happy, and I am glad that you have the power to keep me happy. My friend put all of his time into his job,and you know what, his replacement starts today. He hasn't even made it in the ground and someone else has already taken his position. I don't want that to be me. I know that I will be replaced on my job if anything ever happened to me, but I don't care about that anymore. All I want to care about is, that I can never be replaced by my family...or in your heart. That's all that matters to me at this moment. "

I didn't say anything...it wasn't a question. He didn't need my opinion. He just needed my support. He needed a rock to lean on...In his moment of hurt, I just laid there, holding him, not speaking, not crying...in silence...giving him what he needed...Me.

I am grateful for so many things as well...

I am grateful that I have breath in my body...

I am grateful that I have a healthy, happy child...

I am grateful to have a man who loves me, and shows it every single day. Someone that I can talk to about anything, no matter how bad I think it may be. Someone who cares for me, sometime more that I care for myself. Someone who knows what I need, even when I can't figure it out...

I am grateful for my family...

I am grateful that my brother and I are extremely close, and I can go to him for anything...

I am grateful to be blessed with good friends...My best friend especially.

I am grateful that when I lay down at night, I don't have to wonder where my next meal will come from...or if I have money to buy the things that I need, and most of the things that I want.

I am grateful to have a good job at this point, and medical insurance that will cover me and my child, just in case something happens to us...

I am grateful to be raised by parents who taught me some hard lessons that people NEED to learn...How to be independent and take care of myself...How to love someone...How to treat others...How to give freely to help those in need, without wondering what I'll get in return...How to make my own money, and manage it properly...

I am grateful for a mother that helped me to have a Plan B...Who taught me how to invest and save my money...so just in case things don't work out the way I think they should right now...I have another way to go...

These are just a few of the things that I am grateful for...

What are you grateful for?

11 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    That's a loaded question!

    I'll just simply comment that I am greatful that I woke up this morning with my health and sanity....well most of my sanity anyways....

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Of course it's a loaded question...I wish I had my sanity, my friend has gotten herself into a mess...I'll post on that later though...

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I'm grateful for my parents who love me beyond measure and help me to understand that life has it's ups and downs but God has a plan for everything...I'm also greatful that you make me think LOL

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...I like to make people think...every idol moment is a moment wasted.

    @dee...I couldn't imagine losing a child.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    I am grateful for my parents, especially my mom. She's my rock.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    i am grateful for life and all that it brings...it's all neccessary!
    glad u enjoy'd momma's day!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Newy said…

    I am grateful for :
    my spiritual grounding
    my peace of mind
    my kids
    my family and friends
    that I have a job that enables me to meet all of my needs and some of my wants
    my health
    my life

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    am grateful for friends and loved ones

    am grateful I have a family that loves and support and me

    Most of all am grateful that am blessed with health and strength

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger latinachik4lif said…

    WOW! Nicely said. I'm just grateful i have my mother next to me. I was about to lose her, i wrote it in a post in my blog, but i'm glad i have all my family next to me, and I'm also greatful to have my cuzin bak, she had ran away at the age of 13 came bak 2 years ago, shes now 16 with her baby boy thats really cute! aohh n 4 my other cuzin dats 15 dat has an awesome daughter!! ohh n also cuz my brother just came bak from iraq sunday. im just grateful for the good things i hav.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    im grateful for my mom & grandmom... and a lot more... to many to list...

    that's nice that you were able to be ther for him, im sure he really appreciated it...

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    No luvin me today? :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home