LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Did I Miss Something?

If one more person calls me to ask why I didn't tell them about my engagement, I am going to scream! First of all, I rarely call anyone for anything. Secondly, if you don't write a check to pay my bills or sleep in my house every night, I don't feel like I have to tell you anything! Get over it...

With all my happiness, I had to have a little drama sprinkled in...Actually I got a double dose...

My daughter's dad, and a few others actually called me with an attitude because I didn't call them and tell them I was getting married. WTF? I didn't know I had to make a community announcement. I am not rushing into marriage. I accepted a proposal, but we are still taking it slowly. I told my parents, my brother, and closets friends, but I stopped there because they understand exactly where I am coming from when I say I want to take it slow. I don't want anyone asking me if we've set a date, or have chosen anything for the wedding. The answer is NO. The only thing that I have chosen, is to be with this man for the rest of my life...end of discussion.

...And speaking of friends...My friend with the cheating husband actually got pissed off at me because I am getting married. She said that I am not supporting her while she is going through this tough time. She feels that I should have waited until after her divorce was final, and she had time to recover, before I decided to get married. I had to ask her, "Since when did my happiness depend on what you are going through?" Of course that pissed her off even more. I love her as a friend, but she should love me enough to let me have a shot at happiness too. I am trying to keep telling myself that it's the pregnancy that's making her act this way, but that's BS. She has a terrible attitude towards marriage...Actually, towards men for that reason. She says that my Boo and I put too much faith in each other and our relationship. I try not to get mad at her, because I know that she is going through a lot, but if you can't be happy for me then Shut The F*** Up! Don't say anything about it. If she wants to be miserable, then so be it. But I am tired of her trying to take me down with her, EVERY TIME!

I am a person that absolutely HATES when a person brings up what they do for me! She said, "When you and your father couldn't get along when you were 16, and you moved out, who was there for you? When you had your daughter at 18, Who was there for you? When you and your father were putting your relationship back together, who was there? She went on and on. I couldn't believe it.

Thank goodness for anger management. It is actually working for me. I refrained from knocking the hell out of her pregnant a**! I didn't allow myself to stoop to her level. But between the BIG money that I have given her...The late night rides that I have taken against my better judgment with her to throw bricks through her boyfriends windows or slash tires( I have been an accomplice in all of her vindictive ploys even though I am totally against it)...Co-signing for s*** that she never paid for, and I ended up paying for it to keep my credit in tact...Lending her my car when she had no way to get around....Letting her and her husband stay with me when they first got married....This list could go on for days!

I am not mad at her, I am hurt. If she had a problem with me, regardless to whether I was right or wrong, she should have taken it up with me. She said all of this in the middle of the store, in front of my Boo and plenty of people that I didn't know....She said all of this while my Boo and I were out buying a bed and a stroller for HER baby. She asked me to be the baby's godmother. I have been asked by several people, but I always decline because I didn't want the responsibility. I was going to tell her YES, but I have changed my mind. That baby is going to have it hard enough with the broken relationship that she has with her ex. I don't want to be in the middle of that, and I hate that the child has to be in it...I didn't allow myself to cry. I just left her standing right there in the middle of the store by her d*** self. I bet she'll' think twice next time. MY checkbook is closed! She thinks she has all the answers. Having a baby is hard work. It's even harder when your finances are tied up in a divorce. I don't do yo-yo friendships or relationships. When she gets it together, I'll be happy to be her friend with the understanding that I am not going to allow her to throw tantrums at will, and still remain her friend. It's not my fault that her marriage didn't work and now she going through problems. It's just sad that I am a MUCH Better friend than she is.

I guess my Boo understands now why my best friend is a guy. I'm moody enough without adding other women into the equation.

I went home, and enjoyed the rest of the evening with my man and my child. We are happy, and who cares who else doesn't like it! I'm just glad that when I close the door to my house, all the drama is on the other side of the door!

16 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Dont let others get you down. I know your friend is going throuhg alot but right now shes just hating!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...I know, and I refuse to let her steal my joy!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Damn, your friend sounds like an ungrateful hater. I think I'd need some anger management if that situation ever happened to me. I can't believe she had the gall to tell you that you should've waited until her divorce and she gets her mind right. (shaking my head)

    I feel you on the yo-yo friendships too. I can't do them either. When you're ready to be my friend, come back but until then just bounce and keep on bouncing.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    how she gonna be mad b/c u happy! misery sure do love company.. i wouldnt stress it.. u & ur family are happy & that's all that matters! dont let anyone steal ur joy!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...I don't know if it's hater season or what! I can't understand why people don't want to see me happy. I guess everyone expects me to always be there for them...What about ME for a change?

    @ttd...I know marriage is going to be hard, but I have to get there first! I don't understand why they are trying to bring rain to my cloud!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Dang girl....she seems to be jealous of your happiness especially with that remark about you and your boo having too much faith in one another umm isn't that what you are suppose to do, and the fact that you are taking it slow is a good thing....no matter how happy you are or try to be there is always someone who doesn't want to see you that way.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Somebody already said it....misery loves company! I don't believe she actually let the words come out her mouth tho'!

    *sidenote* my only TX reference lives is the Clebourne (sp) area and she always telling me about the dry heat! LOL

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Ain't that the truth!

    @ladynay...No wonder...Cleburne is straight COUNTRY!

    @southern gal...I think I was more upset at the fact that I have done sooo much more for her than she has for me.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    It's tough when you are going through a rough time and someone else seems to have it all together. She was wrong, but I think you should consider still being there for her during this time.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @miz jj...I love the girl to death. I'm not going to let a few harsh words end our friendship. But I am not going to keep giving so much to her. I have given to her, but now I need something for me.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    Just stopping by to say hello. I also wanted to let you know that I gave you a shout out .

    P.S. I agree with TTD, misery does love company. Try not to worry about it. Enjoy your happiness honey!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    Just stopping by to say hello. I also wanted to let you know that I gave you a shout out .

    P.S. I agree with TTD, misery does love company. Try not to worry about it. Enjoy your happiness honey!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Some "friends" do tit for tat. Those folks aren't friends, they are called users or competitors. It is unfortuante that she can't see beyond her own stuff to be happy for you and your happiness. Love her from a distance, simply pray for her. She has some hard lessons to learn about manipulation, relationships with people & her control issues. When you choose to change your life in a way that benefits you, some friends must go generally. A hard truth, but a truth none the less. Be Happy Anyway.

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Charles X said…

    i want to see a pic! i bet you are not even fat. comments like that is what made my formerly healthy self develop an eating disorder. SIGH! dont let them get you down.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    That's too bad that your friend is behaving like that. I know what it's like to be going through something negative and having to witness other's positives...it's tough...but when you truly LOVE and CARE for someone...you gotta shake it off!

    Thank God for the peace and solitude of home, huh?

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @charles...Happiness has helped me get a little "thicher", but I don't feel bad about it !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home