LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, May 08, 2006

On Cloud Nine...

I'm still on cloud nine this morning...We haven't told anyone yet...We haven't had time to. Friday evening, we drove to San Antonio to relax on the Riverwalk. My Boo had planned a mini-trip for us, which I knew nothing about, but it was a pleasant surprise. It was romantic. He's turning me into a mushy mess! We got back last night. The ambiance of our hotel was to die for. We even took a trip to the spa. Being that I am allergic to just about everything, I opted for a massage, manicure and pedicure. My Boo got the royal treatment. I think he needed it more than I did.

  • Our Hotel


  • I am sex-hausted, and loving it!

    I have never been to the point of passion that made me cry. I made it there this weekend, and so did he. It was an experience that I will never forget, and one that made me love him even more.

    I have never really seen a man cry(in a situation that was not sad) before...He opened up and cried. He wasn't balling and slobbering all over the place...Just silent tears in the heat of the moment, that let me know that what he felt was true. He looked into my eyes, and we cried together. Whew, I'm getting worked up just thinking about it! I got it bad! I cry all the time...At movies...heck, sometime I even cry at sad commercials. But this was different. This time, I cried for us. I've shed so many joyful tears over the past few days, I don't think I have any left!

    Many people never reach the point of true happiness because they don't allow it in their lives. You have to really want it for it to come. Not because you're lonely or because you see others happy and you envy them. You have to want it for you, and you have to really know what you want. When I wanted happiness, it was no where in sight, because I was looking for it and had no clue what to expect. I tried to make people into what I wanted. Then it crept up on me when I least expected it, and I almost let it slip away. Because of past hurts...because of my fear of being loved...because of my disbelief in true love...I almost lost out on what was meant to be. Because my heart was tainted...but it healed. With time, with love, with realization. I heard people say so may times, when it's real, you just know it. That is true. It just feels right.

    I have been in good relationships before, but this is not the same. My mother always told me to find someone that loves me more than I love them. I don't think that is possible with us, but I know exactly what she meant. I had to find someone who could fulfill my needs without me having to ask...Someone who knew me, accepted me and loved me just as I was. He made it easy for me. Relationships are hard enough without all of the excess baggage.

    People really don't know what they want. They are willing to accept almost anything, just to be with someone else. I decided that if I can be picky with my clothes, and my appearance...why can't I do the same with my heart? I decided that I was going to put as much effort inside as I put outside. I had to really love me first...completely. After I really embarked on what loving me was all about, I knew exactly what I wanted. But I also allowed myself to become a little too critical at times. I was overtaken by the what-ifs and whys. But that has changed, and I know what it feels like to be loved, and to give that same love in return.

    Are you open to love?

    Do you believe that love really has the power to heal?

    19 Comments:

    • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

      Awe man you got my eyes water up! I've had that crying experience with Babydaddy before and that is just some....some....I can't even find the word to decribe what it's like. That's beautiful that you are experiencing so much with your fiance!

      Am I open to love? Not right now

      Time heals, real love is a catalyst.

       
    • At 8:49 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @ladynay...I don't think that love has the power to heal, but I do feel it has the power to change a person's heart.

       
    • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Newy said…

      I am really open to love...I almost let it get away but I'm going to blog about it within the next few days....And yes....time does heal.

       
    • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

      I believe in love. Now can love heal? Healing is an everyday, situation by sitatuion choice. Some get so caught up in the pain and revel in it, before they know it they have set up the house and trying to get you to come in and get comfortable. Those are the misery love company folks. Me, I want outta there, I want to understand/accept how I got there, how we got there, and I want to move forward.
      Learning to love me, live my life and examine my choices. It is my, as it is all folkses (lol) choice to be healed from their past and embrace happiness and love.

       
    • At 9:47 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @mznewagenda...I am glad that you are open to it...If you're not open, it won't come.

      @enigma...It's a good thing to believe in...

       
    • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

      I am so happy for you, homie! I just caught up on you (you know I'm slow lol)
      you know i'm mad introspective; I feel it's important to be that way . How can you uderstand others if you don't examine and understand yaself,y'kno? But like you said, in being analytical you run the risk of becoming overly so to the point of cynicism. Which closes you off to great experiences such as the one you are floating through on that cloud right now. I'm proud of you for taking the chance and allowing yourself to get over the past ,heal up and take your love to the next level. MUCH LOVE AND MAD BLESSINGS!

      Am I open to love? HmmmI think so...sometimes i doubt myself...I feel like I have so much other stuff to accomplish before I can devote myself to someone. but this comment is long enough I won't hog up the space

      In Progression,
      Omar Ramon

       
    • At 10:05 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @omar...In a healthy relationship, you can accomplish things while involved with the other person. They help you rather than hinder you.

       
    • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

      DAMN Girl you got it bad!!!!!!!!!! LOL


      I so happy for you. I think love can change a person if that person is ready to accept that love..... you sound soooooo ready!!!! Iglad things are working out for you and I look forward to hearing more.

       
    • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

      Your post gave me a lot to think about. Hell, some of the comments did too, LOL. I don't have anything deep or insightful to say. I'm still processing your post and how certain aspects mirror and contrast mine.

      Congratulations on your engagement.

       
    • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

      That's beautiful, the love you have found....

       
    • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

      I'm not open to love as of yet, for I am still working on my excess baggage...

      Don't want to bring that into the relationship, ya know?

       
    • At 12:40 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @msnhim...Yep...I do.

      @myreason...Thanks...

      @freaky...Thank you.

      @nsanelee...That is so true!

       
    • At 12:11 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

      what a gorgeous hotel...damn I'm jealous!!!! lol

       
    • At 12:40 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

      Are you open to love? absolutely

      Do you believe that love really has the power to heal? I know it helps...I'm waiting

      Everytime I read your blog..I'm just amazed and I amile for you. If love like yours exists,I can't wait until mine comes...

      God bless you and ur love!

       
    • At 12:41 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

      ooh i stayed at the omni before..i loved it, sat by the pool in my pjs...ooh girl!!!
      i KNOW that was awesome!

       
    • At 6:38 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @dee...I'm glad I could help.

      @valentino...It was sooo nice. All I wish we could have stayed longer...

      @diamonds...I didn't really believe in love like this, until I could see it...touch it...hear it...So if you already believe, you are two steps ahead of the game...We are going back...taking my daughter there in a couple of weeks to go to Sea World...I can't wait!

       
    • At 7:45 AM, Blogger TTD said…

      that was so sweet of him! i can tell u 2 are really going to be happy together!

      i told my b/f that i feel like you & i are really good girlfriends b/c we can relate to so much.. especially you post "finally" post!

       
    • At 8:15 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

      @ ttd...It'good when another person can make you feel good in every way...

       
    • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

      Short answer

      Yes,to both.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home