LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, May 15, 2006

I Love Being A Mother

Mother's Day was wonderful. The fashion show was a big hit. Diva stole the show, and his mom is cool. My mother had a great time. My Boo's mom acted a little funny at first. Turning her nose up at my "guys who like guys", but as soon as she saw that no one really gave a d*** what she felt , and she was in their territory, she straightened that up fast! She's a nice lady, but I can see that I am going to have my hands full (everything can't be perfect.)

My Boo and my daughter wouldn't let me do anything. My daughter insisted on making me breakfast, and I had some of the worst pancakes that have ever eaten in my life (but I would never tell her that). She gave me my plate, then she and my Boo stood over me(he had a smirk on his face) and watched me eat them. She sat there smiling, and said, how do they taste mom? Of course I smiled, but I couldn't lie to my child, I said, "They taste like nothing I have ever eaten before in my life." She smiled and took it as a compliment. But she kept sitting there, watching me. I wanted to throw them away so badly. So I just pretended to be full, and she finally got up. My man rescued me with a glass of orange juice so I could to wash it down. I think that made it worse, but I was just happy that she thought enough of me to make me breakfast.

We took a trip to the mall on Friday afternoon, and my man and my daughter went one way, and Softspoken and I went in the other direction. We met up later, and they had bags from the toy store. I just shook my head at my Boo. That little girl has him wrapped around her finger for sure! I bought a couple of dresses and skirts. I love to wear dresses in the springtime. It's something about a cute dress and sandals that make me feel extra girlie...

Normally, I get home made gifts that mean so much to me. Softspoken went by my mom's house on Saturday and helped my daughter make me a vase that was really nice. He filled the vase with calla lilies( My favorite!). I was happy to get it on Sunday morning. My Boo and I went to help my friend set up for the fashion show. I didn't stay long. It was too much confusion for me. Everyone wanted be on charge. They all wanted to put their little twist on his idea, but he wasn't having it.

My daughter talked my man into buying me diamonds. I got a new bracelet! She talked her father into buying me diamonds as well. My Boo was not happy about it AT ALL! When my daughter gave me the gift, he didn't say anything, but the look in his eyes told me everything that I needed to know. I thanked my daughter when she gave me the earrings(which were really nice)from her and her dad, but I made a BIG fuss over the bracelet that she gave me from her and my Boo...The male ego is a trip! It's crazy how me acting like I liked his gift twice as much put him at ease. LOL.

After the fashion show on Sunday afternoon,all the mother's and kids went to my mom's house, and we all went to Nate's for drinks(even though I don't drink), and some live music. We had a ball. We danced until we dropped. My man knows he can dance his butt off! A man that can dance is so sexy to me. I think it's the confidence that he shows when he moves, and the way he smiles...It turned me on in the worst way. I was sooo glad that my daughter was already asleep when we went to pick her up. She went straight to be when we got home.

We got started in the shower...out of the shower...woke in the middle of the night, and went for round three! What a day!

How was your Mother's Day?

12 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    ROFLMBBBO @ the pancake situation! She was watching to make sure you ate em too! hahahahahahaha Thank goodness I haven't had to endure something like that yet! hahahahahahahaha

    Your mothers day sounded wonderful. Lots of good times and good people, even if your soon to be in law don't know how to handle homosexuals...lol

    My day was fun, but in another kinda way.....

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I will never forget those pancakes!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Girl the pancake issue is a trip! My baby tried to cook for me befoe and whew it is hard when the food is errr um "taste challenged" LOL I had a great mother's day! My 16 year old gave me a dozen roses, a ballon and a card. The 10 year old gave me a #1 Mom necklace and picked some daffodils. It was a great day!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I'm glad your Mother's Day was good. I wonder what your breakfast will be and taste like next year.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Get it girl!! LOL glad you had a wonderful mothers day. We cooked for my mom yesterday and I asked her how it was and she was like everything is good and I was like mommie I'm not a lil kid you can tell me if it's nasty LOL..but she said it was good so that's cool...she probably still won't tell me the truth maybe when I have kids of my own.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...Awww. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

    @Freaky...I don't think I can endure her cooking again.

    @honey...Mother's never tell...

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    sounds like you had a GREAT mother's day (w/ the exception of the pancakes.. LOL)

    I had to work in the morning.. but when I got off.. I cooked my mom & grandmom dinner - they were happy with their gifts.. so i'm going to say it was good :-)

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I'm glad that you had a nice Mother's Day w/ your family.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    I did not get a chance to go to Georgia to see my mom, but I spoke to her on Sunday. I called my four sisters on Saturday to speak to them all. I pretty much chilled at home on Sunday. Very lazy, unproductive day. The New Jersey Nets could have won, though....

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...It's too bad that you didn't get to see your mom, but at least you got a chance to relax.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Glad you had a great day.Not a mommy and I didn't even get on to my mother yesterday so was just another day

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...Yep, she is a slick one...

    @Abeni...Thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home