LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Finally

I love my man. So what am I waiting for? Why am I hesitating? He makes me happy. He is good with my daughter although he has no kids...He's nice looking, well dressed, and well spoken. Educated, successful, and has his OWN(and might I add...good credit). He is an excellent lover. So many women/men would JUMP at the chance to be with this man. He is a dream. But I have him...and why can't I just say yes...

What's holding me back? Maybe it's the fact that I have worked so hard to get to where I am today, and I don't want to welcome the possibility that my total independence will be gone. Someone else will have an equal say in what I do on a daily basis. Just the thought of that scares me for some reason. I am not restricted by my job...The fact that I have a child(her father and I equally share in the responsibility)...The money that I spend(I'm not frivolous with my money, but I do work hard and buy the things that I want)...I basically do whatever I want, and I feel like with marriage, that will be gone.

I feel a little selfish about the whole thing. My need to be in total control of my life, is the one factor that is holding me back from the man that was made for me. I'm not a control freak, but past mistakes have taught me how to be ready for the things that life tosses my way. We have had several long, drawn out discussions...How we need to make sure that the household can be ran on one income just in case something happens...The possibility of having another child in the house...The best way to resolve issues in the household...You know, the important things. The sad part about it was...He was really starting to think that it was him. I have given so much to others and I have started to feel like I have to keep something for myself. He's asking for the only thing that I have left....ME!

I went to his place last night after my teen group. He ordered dinner in. He called, and of course I didn't answer my phone, as usual. He had no clue what I wanted, and I am a very picky eater, so he got a little bit of everything. It was a nice little spread, a bit much for two people, but that's my Boo...Always aiming to please.

He wasn't talking much, so I knew something was on his mind. I asked what was wrong... It turned into a conversation that I was not ready for, so I thought( I remember the whole thing. It keeps replaying in my mind like a song)... He said, "Do I make you happy?" I said, "Of course you make me happy. Why would you ask me that?" I already knew the answer...He said, "Because you have not said yes, and it bothers me." I sat there in silence for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain the way I was feeling, but I couldn't find the words. He kept going...He said, "I love you. I don't think I could stop loving you if I wanted to. I have never met a woman that I can just be myself with. I enjoy you, even on your bad days. I am ready for you. The whole you. Your highs and lows. You are the woman that I want in my life...Forever." By now I am crying, but he didn't stop to ask if I was okay, he just kept going..."I would give you the world if I had it. You are the one that completes me. I need you in my life. You and your child are my everything. Please give me the chance to show you how much both of you mean to me." He finally stopped speaking, and looked me straight in the eyes. Then I uttered the word that he had been waiting weeks to hear, without a second thought... "Yes".

At that point, I didn't think about a date, dresses, flowers, or bridesmaids. I was just happy to be with him. I have found true love...The kind that makes even the biggest arguments, turn into laughter...The kind that makes you both smile when you see each other, like you are seeing each other for the first time, over and over again...The kind that takes only a touch to comfort any pain...the kind that is patient and enduring, loyal and honest...the kind that I knew I would someday find...the kind that some people will NEVER know...I have that in my life, and yes, it is worth preserving.

I know marriage is risky and it's hard work. Both of our parents have seemed to make it work...They have put something in us that makes us want to have the same...We have a solid foundation. Trust, honest, COMMUNICATION, the same views on most issues, and a strong physical desire for each other. I'm not going to go into this situation with thoughts of what may happen. I am just going to love him, as much as I can, for as long as I can...

Maybe I can stop crying long enough to post some questions...


Do you feel you will ever find true love? Or do you have it now?

How will you know when it's truly what you want?

What do you feel a true love could bring into your life that you don't have already?

18 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...I dont wanna cry on Cinco de Mayo...Damn thats some beautiful stuff!!!! Congrats!!!Lucky -( I dont wanna say the B word, you dont know me like that)...

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger latinachik4lif said…

    damz datz sum sweet shit!! im really glad u got ure luv n everythin is workin out!

    Do you feel you will ever find true love? Or do you have it now?
    maybe but later on im only 16 n i dont think ima find him dat quick, or maybe i do hav him but im bout to loose him
    How will you know when it's truly what you want?
    when i can b myself when im around him and when things get more serious ummm well im not really sure lol i'll just feel it n know.
    What do you feel a true love could bring into your life that you don't have already?
    happiness...right now things are goin bad so i really think happiness is a first on this

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, that's beautiful Luvin ME! Congrats on your moving forward.

    Do you feel you will ever find true love? Or do you have it now?
    He is out there, being molded for just the right time to enter my life.

    How will you know when it's truly what you want?
    When you know, you know.

    What do you feel a true love could bring into your life that you don't have already?
    The ability to make me that much better.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    awww.. my eyes are watering up! im so happy for you!! bout damn time u said yes! LOL..

    Do you feel you will ever find true love? Or do you have it now?
    I have it now..
    How will you know when it's truly what you want?
    when you know that you dont want anything else
    the last question doesnt really apply to me!

    i know ur private w/ ur's.. but when that big day comes.. you HAVE to share the pictures!!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Congratulations. That is so very beautiful. I wish you both all the best.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @valentino...Thank You! I hear it so much from my gay friends that I think somethig is wrong it I don't hear it. LOL

    @latinachik...16...Lawd have Mercy! Thanks.

    @ladynay...Thank You...I am still crying!

    @ttd...I just might have to do that! You know how people are with wedding and baby pics!

    @enigma...thank you...and thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    That's beautiful. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to believe in true love. Congrats and good luck.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!!!


    Marrige IS alot of work but the two of you seem to already know that. I have no doubt that you two can make it work.


    Can I be the flower girl? LOL

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    True love can bring balance to my life...

    But I feel you on losing your independence, when you say I DO, you have someone else to consider in all your decisions, other than your child...thats the hardest part...

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Newy said…

    Awwwwwwwwwww I'm so happy for you....sniff sniff....*someone get momma a hanky...hurrup now*

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I'm with Valentino - you about to make me cry on Cinco de Mayo!

    It really sounds like you have something wonderful.

    As for my true love, well I thought that I had it now, but lately I just don't know. I just seems like we've been growing apart and my feelings are not quite what they used to be. So long story short I just don't know about true love anymore.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said…

    congrats doll!

    that was so hot. You know, so many people can learn from you...

    Don't be surprised if you hear me talking about you on the trent jackson show...

    I love you like you're 'luvin me'

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    This might inspire you....


    http://spchrist.blogspot.com/2006/02/whats-love-got-to-do-with-it.html

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Congratsssssssssssss!Just give it your best shot

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @miz jj...I actually had to be in it before I believed. But it's out there.

    @Msnhim...Thanks...I'm finally ready for it.

    @Sangroncito...Thank you. I hope you find it too!

    @nsanelee...It has changed me.

    @southern gal...Yep, they're still together. It hasn't been a fairy tale, but they have made it work.

    @mznewagenda...ROTF...Thank you.

    @Nic...Thank you...I wish I could stop crying...

    @Trent...Me...on the Trent Jackson show...Oh my!

    @spchrist...I'll check that out.

    @abeni...Thanks.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Congratulations Luvin!!! I am so happy for you both!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Congrats!!! I hope God blesses you and your marriage.

    Do you feel you will ever find true love? I really hope so. Haven't had too much luck in the love department, but I'm still young so who knows?

    Or do you have it now?
    No

    How will you know when it's truly what you want? When I'm able to really trust the person without questioning my feelings or theirs, when I feel ok to really be myself around them, and when I'm really happy with that person.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home