LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm Not Jealous...Am I?

I got some news yesterday that oddly affected me. My daughter's dad came to me and told me that he was getting married. He said that he wanted to tell me before he told anyone else. He wanted to be the one to tell me. For a moment, I was happy for him. He has been with his girlfriend for a while, so I knew if they stayed together, it would happen eventually. But why did I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I mean, I have a dream man, and I am happy with him, so why do I care so much?

We talked for a while, and he said that she gave him an ultimatum, and he didn't want to lose her. So he did it! He proposed. I felt numb. I don't know where these feelings were coming from. I managed to keep a poker face...I didn't want him to know what I was feeling. The more he talked, the more I realized that he was begging me to stop him. He said,
"My family is my life, and no matter what, you will always be my family. You have my first born and only child at this point. If you have a problem with the whole situation, just let me know. I don't want to hurt you. I thought that no matter what we went through, you would be my wife."

I could have selfishly said, "Well don't marry her then," But I couldn't bring myself to say it. I kept thinking about was my Boo. He is too good to me , for me to even think about betraying him. I actually felt a little guilty about the feelings that I was having for my ex. As fast as the feelings had come, they left. I said, If you love her,and feel like you can't live without her, then marry her". He said, "the sad thing is, I feel that way about YOU not her."

Now, I know what I have to do...I have to make sure this man knows that we could never work. We get along as friends, but as a couple, we would never make it. We are two very different people now. I love my new Boo very much, and will stick by him, and I told my ex just that. He didn't look happy, but he knew that I meant what I said. So he let it go. But why did he have to cry. ( Now mind you that I have only seen this man cry once in my life, the day my daughter was born) He cried silently and finally said..."Then it's done. I'm getting married. " He left my house, and although I was feeling a little jealous at first, I was able to let it go. I think in some twisted way, I just needed to know that he still loved me, and after he told me, I didn't care if he got married or not. I was still first choice...

Later that evening, I still felt a little guilty about how I was feeling earlier, so I told my man about my ex getting married. Was it me, or did he get just a little too happy? He was like, "Are you serious, that's great!" Huh? Did I miss something? When did my man and my ex become such good friends? I knew what the deal was. My man has one BIG insecurity in our relationship, and he is getting married. Now he feels that he has my heart, totally. He took my daughter and I out to dinner at this very nice restaurant. Was he celebrating? I had bittersweet feelings throughout dinner. I was happy because he was so happy, but I was sad because I felt he didn't trust me when I told him that I would never go back to my ex, and I will never hurt him. He noticed my somewhat sour mood. When we got home he said, "We need to talk." (That's one thing I love about him, when he sees a problem, he initiates the conversation, and doesn't run from the situation. He know my moods, and he tries his best address all of my concerns).

Him: Are you sad because your ex is getting married to some one else?

Me:Of course not...

Him Then why do you look so sad?

Then, I had to tell him the truth, and sometimes, the truth ain't pretty. I told him that I was upset because I felt that he didn't trust me the way thst I trust him. He accepted what i was saying, admitted he was wrong, and apologized. ( I kept thinking in my head..Where in the h*** did this man come from? Sometimes he is just too good to be true.) I let it go. After it was all over, we took my daughter out for ice cream...and we were back to our happy-go- lucky selves.

When I got home, I realized that I had left my cell at home, which I never do. My girl with the cheating husband had called and left 3 messages for me to call her ASAP. I tried to call her back at home and on her cell, but she didn't answer. Now I'm worried... Here we go again. So much for my d*** fairy tale ending!

Is there someone from your past that you still think of today?

Do you have someone that you have deemed as a friend, but you wonder what it would be like to be with that person (if it would not mess up the friendship)?

Are you secretly attracted to any of your friends?

15 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Doesn't it just break your heart to see a man cry, 'specially one you care about....

    I think we all find joy in knowing that were still loved and still number one in our ex's lives. I can't really explain it, but I understand your thoughts completely. I don't believe it's a matter of jealousy tho'.

    I am scared to find out what your girl is going through! LOL

    Now your questions....

    Is there someone from your past that you still think of today?
    Sure!

    Do you have someone that you have deemed as a friend, but you wonder what it would be like to be with that person (if it would not mess up the friendship)? Yep!

    Are you secretly attracted to any of your friends?
    The majority of my male friends are attractive in my eyes, but most of them I think of like my kin so I couldn't cross that line. But I still look! LOL

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    LOL@ Ladynay!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Strange that you should ask that....I find great delight in knowing that Texas still has a thing for me. however, I don't want him...I know it's twisted. The one person I can not get out of my mind is GC. But I know that I am so different from the me at 22 that we could never work out.

    Do I have someone I have deemed as a friend that I would like to be with? Yep, I call him Sandman but it would never work out...I mean he still has some growing up to do and I am not looking to be his momma.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...I don't want to raise a grown a** man either!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    hmmmm.....damn near all of my friends are attractive. I have no idea how that happened. Am I attracted to any of them? Let me think.....(jeporady tune playing in the background)....actually, yeah. There is a friend of mine who we met and both liked each other, but we were incompatible in a few areas. So we decided to be friends. We are really good friends now, but I still have a strong attraction for him. We joke about it from time to time but nothing serious. Honestly, if he wanted to date like RIGHT NOW, I would probably do it even though the dynamics of our relationship is now as friends. Damn, you got me thinking now....Ima have to blog that one...

    As a note, I think that it was good that you felt a little bit of jealousy. Not so much for the other woman, but it is a wonderful feeling to know that your ex still loves you (even if you don't get along) and even though he is with someone else, you both know that you come first. And he all but told you that. I think that it is a gift.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I have to agree with Ladynay

    "We all find joy in knowing that were still loved and still number one in our ex's lives"

    I know thats right!

    As for having someone from my past I still think off.... I have someone that I will never forget no matter how many years pass but I know he and I just weren't ment to be so I dont dwell on it but I have a special place in my heart for him

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    WELL......the few REAL guy friends I have, we had relations before but are cool so I dont have feeligns for them. ONe just recently told me(yesterday) that he thought I was gonna be his girl( i didnt know he felt that way) and he'd be there waiting......

    YOu got the information you wanted/needed to hear, tis up to you to what u do with the information.......:)

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...Yes, it is a gift!

    @baby o...My daughter's dad is the only ex, that I actually keep in contact with. We are cool, but I keep them at a distance.

    @msnhim...I have to admit...I am happy.

    @ms.new booty...I think it's best that we remain friends. His girlfriend is already jealous of me...which she should be, because if I said yes, he would drop her in a minute, but that just not me.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    i HAD a great friend that i took it there w/.. we let that idea go and tried to be friends afterwards.. but our friendship shortly died afterwards.. everytime i hear musiq "i just want my friend back" i think of him..

    you and i are similar w/ the fairy tale man.. when we 1st hooked up, i still thought of my ex, but as time moved on i realized that the happiness i felt w/ my new beau, i could never experience w/ my ex.. it wasnt that u want to be w/ him.. it's just the idea of never having that opportunity again is what had you down... you have a great man.. and if you & ur ex didnt work out before.. it wouldnt happen now, so you made a good choice in telling him to get married.. i only hope he can move on from you and be happy in what he shares w/ the other chic

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Southern gal...It does make you smile doesn't it.

    @myreason...I know the feeling of someone loving you more than you love them.

    @ttd...I hope he can move on as well. I can admit that as a mother, it's kind of strange allowing your child to be around 'the other woman',is a decent person,and as long as she is good to my daughter, I have no problem with her.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    First of all, congratulations on how you handle this situation with honesty, openness and consideration.

    I am totally relating to this post. My high school sweetheart and I have this connection to one another will never go away. There was a time when I thought he was my soul mate, but if he was/is...shouldn't we be together? I guess there is still time, but like you and your ex, we have grown into two totally different people and I doubt a romantic relationship would ever work with us again.

    I remember that he was the first one, after family, that I called when I got engaged. He was speechless...even though it had been YEARS since we had been a couple.

    Just about a month ago my stomach turned sour when he told me that his girlfriend was pregnant. I was shaking, my palms were sweaty and I had no words!

    We both, however, always try to play it cool and celebrate with one another but eventually the truth comes out.

    The bottom line is that people are "old flames" for a reason...onward and upward!!!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    well yeah ur happy to know ur #1 cuz duh he's ya babydaddy!...u care about him. But nah that doesn't mean y'all should be together and it's good you had the presence of mind to realize that..sad to see his feelings hurt but he'll get over it..i'm concerned about his marriage tho. If he's marrying the other woman just to fill the void in his heart for you then eventually that relationship may fall apart...and i doubt the woman deserves that however demanding (a marriage ultimatum *rolls eyes* yeah THAT"S how you get 'em...if he ain't ask on his own then he doesn't want it!!) she may be. Hope he's marrying her for the right reasons..

    Why is you're man so perfect? You're not jealous...I am!!. LOL j/k

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Nah,there isn't really anyone from my past that I still think about.

    Actually there is my best male friend and I sometimes think about what it would be like if we had managed to have a relationship.

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @darbs...onward and upward for sure!

    @omar...He's not perfect, he just knows me, and accepts me the way I am, adn I do the same. When you consider your mates feelings at all times, your small inperfections are almost non-existant. Don't be jealous ...You'll something good.

    @Abeni...I have some attractive friends that I love to death, but I can't say that I have ever considered a relationship.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ms.Behavin said…

    I just happened to stumble on your blog and it's interesting that this is the post that I chose to read. I had a strange incident occur a week ago. My FIRST LOVE from forever ago called out of the blue. I've not talked to him in 5 or 6 years and I don't even know the last time that I gave him much thought.
    After talking to him, I was walking around almost in a daze!! Not because I thought that there might be some reconciliation in the works, but because hearing his voice made me think about how wild I used to be about him.
    It took me a couple of days to get past the shock of actually talking to him. It was weighing so heavily on mind that I seriously considered telling my BF - then I came to my senses. lol - that wouldnt have done anything, but cause a rift in an already strained situation.
    I also just blogged about Platonic friendships.... I don't have any friends that I am currently attracted to, but if that were the case--- I don't know how long it would stay "friendly". There are things going on with my significant other...which causes my mind to wonder. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home