LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Feeling Like A Million Bucks!

Honey-Libra, you are right, God is good! He comes when we least expect him!

Every year, around this time, my job gives us variable pay. It's a large bonus, based on work performance, and the company uses it a s a tax write off. Normally, I am waiting on this money, and I already have it spent. This year, I totally forgot that I had this money coming. I checked my bank account Monday, and I thought the bank had made a mistake. After further investigation, I found out where it came from. I got 4 times more than I normally get! I couldn't believe it. I guess I must be doing a better job than I thought!

I have no outstanding bills, my credit cards are payed off...I must admit, I am at a good point financially righty now, and I don't NEED anything! Saving and budgeting have really paid off! I have never been at this point; I have MY OWN money, and I don't know what to do with it. It is a wonderful feeling.

I am not frivolous with money, so much thought will be put into how it is spent, or saved!

I love to make people smile. My friends know and love me for it. It's just what I do!

My teen group is in need of some TLC. As I told you before, these girls have no clue of how to love themselves, so I'm going to give them a boost. When you look good, you feel good about yourself! I know the inside will take some time, but repairing the outside is only one hot comb away! I know people, lots of people. So today, I am putting my resources to work. I have called in a favor from a very good friend of mine. I rented out her salon for the morning! She is putting her staff work! This is a full service salon, so they will get the works! Since the teens are on spring break, We are getting started early! I will start them off with breakfast before we go. Every girl will get their hair done, a manicure, pedicure, message, and anything else they desire, my treat! I payed a flat rate for everything, so I hope they spend it, and spend it well. My friends are also coming(guys and gals)...You know they wouldn't miss out on free pampering in the middle of the week!

I reserved the party room at this nice little restaurant for my teen session. My friends will be joining in on this one. I pondered over the thought of how to get these girls to focus more on themselves and their future, and less on boys. I took all of your comments into consideration, and have finally come up with a solution. EXPOSURE! How can they know something that they have only seen in magazines, or dreamed of? I think it will be good for the teens to see young, successful, people, paving the way for them! I have a monthly trip planned for the girls. We will be going to plays, to a new black art gallery that I stumbled onto by mistake, poetry readings ( I found this by mistake too...They showcase new singing talent as well, and they actually have a teen showcase. Maybe one of my girls will find her creative niche), and many other places ... I want them to see and do things that they would never get a chance to see or do otherwise. We will start fund-raising as well. I am using the same concept that I use at home with my child. If these girls earn their trips, and raise their own money, it will mean so much more to them.

On another note,my man's birthday is this weekend, and I have so much planned, including a surprise party on Saturday! There is only one problem, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO GET HIM! He has everything. I have been trying to find something for weeks! Any suggestions? I am not working tomorrow, so I can take care of all the last minute details. I am going to be so busy. I had already set aside the money for this weekend, so I still don't have to tap into my newfound mini-fortune! It just keeps getting better! It has been so hard for me to keep this thing under wraps. He is sooo nosey! I think, he thinks that his best friend and I have something going, because he caught my talking to him twice. His best friend is an attorney, so we just played it off like I was trying to get legal advice...He is getting suspicious, but he is playing it cool.

My joy does not come with getting things for myself. It comes with giving to people who need it so much more than I do.

So today, I give you just one challenge. Make at least ONE person smile today! It costs nothing, yet it is priceless! No matter how down in the dumps you are, or what you have going on, just know that someone has it much worse than you do. Look at your bed, couch, floor (wherever you lay your head)...Look at your car or even the change that you have in your pocket to catch the bus or the train, listen to your stomach, "don't hear anything?", that's because you're full... Look at your family, whether you talk to them or not, and know that you have so much more than others. You are blessed . Even if you feel that you are doing wrong, and good things still happen to you or doing right and bad things happen, know that God is just working it out for you!

What will you do to brighten someone's day today?

11 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I am sure the girls in your group are gonna LOVE the pampering! I wanna go! LOL

    What do you buy a man who has everything? I dunno! Just make sure it's thoughtful.

    I have a friend that I am trying to cheer up, right now it's not working :-(

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    congrats on the new found mini-fortune

    the girls are going to LOVE their day of pamper (i know i would) i think that exposure is a great idea for them

    gift for boo.. dunno.. i usually get mines a polo shirt (cuz he's obsessed) and something that will make him smile.. like 1 year i got him tix to a nba game.. be creative w/ it

    to make someone smile today.. dont know..

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    We are at the salon now. I was first to get her, so I am finished(thank goodnes)!

    @ladynay...Be creative..Friends can be a handful.

    @ttd...He loves music. Vintage records of all types...I found an old music store right outside of town. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow. I think I might just take him in there and let him pick what he likes. The suspense alone will drive him crazy on the drive up there!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @myreason...Wow. You gave me alot to consider! When I say everything, I mean everything. We both travel alot, so when we get time alone, we cherish the intimate moments at home. As I commented to ttd, I think the music store thing will work well for him. He has me searching for all kinds of records in old bookstores and online. now I have found a hidden treasure for him! So I think I am making a small fantasy of his come true! I am giving him a gift that keeps on giving. A place where he can find whatever he wants.It doesn't seem like much to me, but he will love it!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    as a dude...hell, i don't know what i want for myself...tried to help you there....i can't

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I think what your doing for the girls is great!

    As far as the gift, I have the same problem with my husband instead if a gift why night set up a romantic night filled with champaign, strawberries... you get the idea.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    That's just great what you are doing for the girls.Today,I bought my aunt a pair of shoes and she loved them:)

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    I always love coming here to read you words of wisdom...I also love to do things for others to make them smile. It makes me feel good.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    i realize you're very big on feed back and now i feel kinda cruddy that i hardly ever comment. I do love your blog tho. you're such a cool lady. You seem to embody everything a good person should be...not perfect, just striving towards living your life to the best of your ability...and helping others to do the same. I admire you. When things settle down a lil in my world i'mma try to keep up wit ya blog more closely.

    ~In Progression~

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Thnaks for all the positive feedback....

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    If only I could spell...See Omar...I'm not perfect at all!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home