LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's In The Water

I must admit that I have enjoyed my man tremendously this week. He surprised me with breakfast yesterday morning, and it was a wrap! I was MIA for the rest of the day...

Well, not to get too caught up in my joy, because you know there is always a twist...My man's ex is not letting up. This is like deja-vous, only this time, I'm the one in the hot seat instead of my friends. This story just seems all too familiar. It happened to a friend of mine, in a post that I titled..You don't Miss Your Well...and then again to my girl in a post I titled Karma is A Mutha. Now I am facing the same situation.

My man came over early yesterday morning. He says that his ex has been calling him non-stop, every since the party incident. This is a mess. Now my man and I are not perfect, but we have a VERY GOOD thing going on. We compromise very well. But this chic is crazy! She is seriously getting on my nerves. He is scared that she will be run me away. He knows that I have been through a lot in my past, and I don't take mess, from ANYONE! But this is a exception, because, HE has not done anything wrong. She has.

What a tangled web! His ex called me....Yes she got my number! Oh yeah, I found the leak. It was none other than High Class( my ex-friend that I had to get at my parents barbecue last week). They have been going to the same hair-stylist for a long time. They talk! So all this time I have been thinking that she was my friend. She knew exactly who my man was...And wanted him for herself, based on what the ex had already told her. After our falling out last week, High Class gave her or all of my info. She called me last night to apologize. There she goes again, feeling bad , after the fact! I can't believe her dumb a** gave her the number! I thought about going over to give High Class a repeat of last week's a** whooping, but I decided that I would use her to my advantage...Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer! I told her that I needed a minute to take it all in, but I would be calling her soon. She really thinks that we are cool again. WTF! There has to be something in the water!

The ex called me yesterday for a 'Woman to Woman'. First of all, if you step to me, you better come correct. My word play cannot be matched when I am upset or challenged. It is one of my greatest defense mechanisms. She began to speak, and I let her talk. I have patience, only when I NEED to! A few years ago, I would have been telling her to meet me somewhere...So I could show her how I felt! But the the older, more mature me just opted to talk to her on the phone, being that she probably would have called until I heard her out.

The Ex: I love him, and won't stop loving him no matter what.
Me: It is your right to love him. You can't help who you love. But I don't appreciate your feelings getting in the way of what I have. You had your chance, and you made your choice, and so did he.
The Ex: But he does love me. I know he does.
Me: Did he tell you that?
The Ex: He never told me that he didn't love me anymore. The only thing standing in the way of our relationship is you. If you would just leave him. I could have him back.
Me: I have an idea. Maybe the three of us should meet. To get these things out in the open.
The Ex: Make sure it is a public place. I hear that you can get pretty violent.
Me: LOL. Okay. ( And to think, at the party, she was trying to be hard! I guess things change when you don't have your friends around))

That was so funny to me. Now I am probably one of the nicest, most humble people you could meet...I let her know where we would meet, and the time, and we hung up.

When I filled my man in on the conversation, he had a strained look on his face. He said, "I just want it to be over." He sighed, picked up his jacket and keys, and we were off.

She got there a little before we did, and she sat there waiting. I kinda felt sorry for her. ( There I go, feeling sorry for the enemy, but that's just me). She looked like she had been crying, and she was pale. She looked thinner than before( That girl needs to eat! She looks unhealthy!) But, no matter what, I had to remember our purpose for meeting.

We sat down, and my man, in his " I know what has to be done fashion" started the conversation...and finished it!

My Boo(speaking to his EX) : The purpose for this meeting is for us to break all ties, and you to go on your way. (She began crying, but she didn't' t speak.) I don't trust you, and I don't love you. I am in love with her, and she loves me. We had our chance, and we have outgrown each other. I hope that you find someone else, and you give him the same type of love that you once gave me. I have found happiness, and if you love me the way that you say you do, love me enough to let me go and let me be happy.

By now she is bawling. I started crying too, but not because I felt sorry for her. I cried because he had once again amazed me. The way he handled himself...He never raised his voice, he looked her directly in the eye, and he spoke the truth. He handles people with care, yet he says it on his mind. He is the epitome of a real man. Speaking from his soul, and not afraid to express his feelings. I cried silently, because at that moment...I was more in love with him than ever!

She apologized to me. She told me that she was crazy for think ing that she could get him back, and to please take good care of him, because he was worth it. Although I didn't need to be told that, I said okay. She that she would no longer be talking to High Class, because she was poison. She only befriended her to get to me, and it slapped her in the face because High Class used what she knew to try to get with him.

I left that place with a huge weight lifted off of me. My man explained to me on the ride home that he sees that it is not good to try to spare someone's feelings. He never told her how he felt. He just cut her off. Hearing those words from his mouth was what she needed. A grim taste of reality. He said, it's not about what you do, it's about how you do it. Situations can only be resolved peacefully if you handle them with care. He gave me a lot to think about.

I guess I have seen the best and worst of friendship. This man never ceases to amaze me. And to think, I questioned whether or not I should be with him in the beginning! And my friend High-Class continually stabs me in the back, because she is jealous of my life. My life is as it is because I give more than I ask for in return. I am blessed because my heart and doors are always opened. Not my hands to receive something from another! I have been down to my lowest low before, but I picked myself up, brushed myself off, and kept moving! It's all about where you want to be. Even when it seems impossible, you just have to keep it going.

Is there someone in your life, a friend, family member, lover, that continues to remind you of why you care for them so much, and show you that they care for you...Or is there someone who continually shows you why you need to stay away from them... And attempt to hurt you?

15 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    i LOVE your man!!! FOR U OF COURSE ! :o) i hope that all that unneccassry drama can disappear so the 2 of u can enjoy what ya'll share...

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Dizyaboy...I know what you mean. Until I met this man, I thought they broke the mold after they made my father...

    @TTD...He is too much.

    @Southern Girl...She had me fooled for so long, but now that I look back, I can see clearly!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Definitely my boys back home. I refer to them as my brothers.

    When I first moved to NC someone tried to hurt me sexually. I called one of my boys up and told him what happened *I needed to tell someone*. By time I got off the phone, went to the restroom and called one of my other boys, he and his brother were in the car on the way to the airport to come to NC!

    It still trips me out that they were gonna do standby at BWI to come beat some tail! LOL

    I love my brothers!

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    As amazing as that sounds I know how possible that is because I had almost the same exact situation. He told her right to her face that I was going to be his wife and he didn't want her anymore. She was infuriated. She backed off for a little while, but she would stay around and hang out with his sisters so she could keep an eye on him. I can not believe how clingy and desperate women can be.

    As far as your man goes I really believe he is genuine, and he is definitely precious!

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Dang. They weren't playing.

    @trina...So far, so good. But it's still new. I'll give it some time though...As far as my man goes...He's 100%....

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Bobby Brown Jr. said…

    DAMN you remind me of ME! I love this post and the way you handled yourself. I see you also carry a deadly weapon also known as your tongue and I LOVE that! Keep doing what you're doing and enjoying your new relationship. btw I love your page and ill definitely be back!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @bobby...Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Rell said…

    yea man that's really crazy -- you'd think grown folks would act like grown folks, unfortunately they usually act more like children then children do.

    You should just punch both of em and bounce :-)

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Paula D. said…

    Wow girl! I'm glad that the drama has been squashed.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    I MUST tell you one more time that I LOVE your blog!!! I am really addicted to your life right now! Damn, why can't you be at the party!!!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Your man is the SHIT!!!!!! No wonder she wants him back. You got gold there girl!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    I am a hopeless romantic...so your posts about you and your man are truly inspiring.

    It sounds like the two of you have a beautiful relationship full of fun, romance, honesty and support. That, my friend, is a recipe for a long lasting love.

    Hopefully all the drama is now behind you...kudos on how both of you handled this situation!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    i'm so happy for you..
    what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man...

    stay blessed!
    :)

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...I wish I could be there too! If only you were still in Houston...

    @All...thanks for the 'luv', and I'm glad things are okay now too!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    WOW,you sure got drama in your life.Hold on to that man,you don't fin dones like him too often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home