LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, March 20, 2006

Don't Get Caught Slippin'

My weekend was great. We partied till we dropped, and I mean literally.

He absolutely LOVED the record store! I'm glad I found it. He was very happy, and he found so many recors that he had been looking for. We found many of them for $1.00,a nd they usually sell for between $10 and $15 each. . The old man didn't know that he had a tresure chest, but we were glad!! He got so much. I'm just happy that he liked it!

My 'studio' friends (they asked me not to post pics), took care of the music, so I didn't have to hire a DJ. The had a ll the equipment. I was impressed. I rented a building. My friends and I decorated,( I know it is so cliche' but gay men do have the BEST taste), my friend Ambitious(the one who owns the club), donated the drinks, and my brother and his boys provided the security. I am glad that I am good to people, because it's times like this when you need help, and it pays to have friends with benefits!

It was so hard to get my nosey Boo to the party. First of all, I told him that I would be out with my girls all day Saturday. We had to make sure that all the food was on point. My mom and aunts made every seafood dish that you can name(he loves seafood). We had a very nice spread. We had to tie all the loose ends so that everything would come together nicely. He wanted to spend time with me , but I had to keep telling him I was busy. It was so hard. He kept saying, "Is everything okay between us? Why are you pushing me away?" I had to maintain my composure and just say, "You are trippin' over nothing, " and got him off the phone. His best friend had to literally drag him out of the house because he was so irritated with me'brushing him off'. He kept asking where they were going, and said he didn't feel like clubbing. I couldn't tell, because he was dressed to kill! When they walked in, my Boo had this crazy look on his face. We all jumped out , and he was so happy! He looked like he was about to cry, but he didn't. His family and friends were all there. The place was packed with people! It started out as a classy party...but you know how people are when they get a little alcohol in our system. Bring on the rump-shakin! O Kay! (In L'il John fashion) It was a lot of fun though!

We have cancelled our mini-trip because it is flooding down here, and we don't want to take any chances. We will still do something special.

Now for all of you that keep up with my blog...You know there had to be some type of craziness to go along with this 'perfect' weekend!

I met his ex-girlfriend, and yes, she is a d*** fool. She called him to wish him a happy birthday, which I have no problem with....Then she called back and left that Heather Hedley song, "In MY Mind" on his voicemail. He let me listen to this crazy woman, ranting about how she had messed up, and she wanted another chance. Thet haven't been together in almost 3 years. She broke his heart. She broke up with him and started going out with a man who she felt could give her more financially at the the time. Now that my Boo is successful and happy, she wants him back. Ain't that a b****! Knock a brotha when he's down, but you want him back when he's up! He said that she has been calling him a lot lately, and he had a feeling that she might pull something this weekend, since she knew it was his birthday. He was right!

She and her friends strolled their happy a** right into his party. Now how she found out about the party and where it was being held, I don't know. I'm just glad that she didn't ruin the surprise for him. I have to find the mole though...for future reference!

He and I were dancing, and she came over and asked if she could cut in. Now I, being new to this, and not knowing who everyone is at this point, just looked at him. She could have been a family member or a close friend. So I stayed cool. He held me tight and said, "no thank you, she has this under control." She then gave me this killer a** look and walked off. After she walked off, he told me that was his ex. I was like WTF. How is she going to come up in here where I am spending my money, and walk straight up to him, while I am with him, and ask him to dance. I contemplate my next move. There is nothing like a woman with a plan!

I walk over to my group of friends who are standing in the back talking, and let them know what happened, and told them to keep an eye on her. I realized that if I put her out, I would be showing her that her presence was threatening me, which it wasn't, but she was being disrespectful to me and my space, and I was going to handle it like a woman with some sense...My friends said, "I think you need to keep an eye on your man." (That's why it's not alawys good to involve friends, and react to what they say. They tend to blow things out of proportion.) I turned to go back to where he was and saw that he was standing with his best friend, and and she and her girls were right back up in his face. I walked to him and he took my hand, and introduced us. I could tell that she was not happy. She stared at me for a moment, checking me out. Now I'm no supermodel or anything, but I know I've got it going on in all the right places, and everything is mine from head to toe( I have no problem with people doing whatever it takes to make themselves look good, it's just not my cup of tea!)! She was pretty, but frail looking. Common. No striking features. Just a pretty, skinny, girl.

The showdown was about to begin, so I thought. She walked up and stood in front of me. I just looked at her...You know that look that a woman gets when she knows that she is finer than the other physically, and have gotten the best of them mentally. I had it plastered on my face. You know that, "I got this, b**** look." She had that, "You got me this time, but we will meet again," sneer on her face. My friends came over, just to make sure that her girls were cool. If you were to look at us and see how we carry ourselves, you would never think that we get down like we do. A group of beatiful, educated, classy, sistahs...but we do what we have to....

I don't know if it was because he had seen me in action with my friend, or what, but he quickly intervened. ( He didn't understand,I wasn't about to fight this chic. This was different. I fought my friend because SHE hurt me, not over him, but I didn't want to bruise his ego...)
He turned to her and asked her and her friends to leave. He said, "I'm sorry, but this is a private party. My girl went through all this trouble for me, and I refuse to let her efforts be in vain. I am having a good time, and I plan on doing so for the rest of the night. " I was so proud of him...

She looked at me, defeated, and I smiled the sweetest, most innocent smile. I know I was being wicked, but at that point I didn't care. Bye b****! She started cursing and yelling, but she walked out, so I just let her have her moment...All the while I kept saying to myself...We shall meet again..and next time, I won't be so nice. Now she knows that I exist, so there are no excuses.

At least that was over. We had a good time for the rest of the night, or should I say morning. Do you know how hard it is to sit up in church after a night of partying. I think I dozed off every time they prayed. It was a mess. My daughter was actually nudging me to wake me up. I have no clue what the preacher spoke about. I know, I am terrible, but my daughter insists on us all being at church together now that she has been baptized. My Boo was just as bad, plus he had a hangover. My friends were all hung over. Three of them made it to church, and they were worse than I was. One of them was sitting in front of my and he actually was knocked out, with his mouth wide opened. I shook him, but he just couldn't take it. He finally got up and left. I think at one point my Boo and I were both leaning on my daughter. I felt awful for almost sleeping in church. I so glad to get home. My daughter went home with my parents for Sunday dinner, and we went back to my house and slept the whole day away. My mother brought us some food by when she dropped my daughter off. We were still asleep. We got up, ate, and went back to bed.

I am rested today, and have the house to myself again.

Why don't things ever go as we plan. We spend all this time and effort making sure everything is perfect, and someone always has to throw a wrench in the plan. Especially relationships....I am sure I will be seeing much more of his ex...I could tell by the look that she gave me when she was leaving...I think relationships are factored into 70% of the 2 people involved, and 30% all outside influences.

Have you ever planned something, and someone tried to screw it up? How did you handle it?

17 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    Happy Monday! I'm glad ur boo enjoyed his party.. and i like him for u that much for kicking her ass out!!

    my 21st bday party.. my cousins & a good friend & his group got to fighting.. I blamed it on the alcohol.. some people just dont know how to act w/ alcohol in their system

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    You know i was ROOTING For you.........

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    It took all I had to stay calm. I'm sure she will give me another opportunity to get at her a***!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    No she didn't leave In my Mind on his voicemail! *smirk*

    Glad yall had a good time and no drama went down!

    I know the pastor noticed 2 of his/her pews half woke during the service! Prolly even more made he/she wasn't invited to the party! Shame on yall! ROFL!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    You did the right thing. And your man is a REAL man for setting her straight.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    hell naw...shyt..the misses would started whuppin azz...how the hell did she know where the party was...that's crazy...

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I’m glad that you had a great weekend! That ex is a f*cking trip. I agree that your man get’s hella cool points. Many men wouldn’t have even done that.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    you are so fly and classy. dang If i had an older sistah you would be it!!!! you worked it out, boo. ya man is lucky.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    you are blessed with a wonderful and strong man!
    don't even worry about ex chick...your man seems to have things right under control and he knows where he wants to be.
    that's wonderful.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Charles X said…

    uh-uh, baybee, cut that bitch into smithereens!

    have you discussed dallas yet? maybe i might see you around someday!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    As much as I hate to admit it there will always be some type of drama whether it is an ex or friends or family members, but that's the kind of thing that will make yall stronger.

    Aside from the ex I'm really glad the party was a success.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    You got a leak in yo crew. That shit ain't over. Like Arnold " SHE'll BE BACK...

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said…

    Good Job for acting what you are a lady. She was wrong for shwing up in the first place. A lot of women would have went off but you did the damn thing (right thing). Nice Blog ma ~1~

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Go girl,that was handled superbly!A cyber high five to ya.I reember planning a fundraising dance that went bust.Our group put in a lot of hard work onlyto have little to no attendance.Talk about being deflated!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Yes she did. Her ,ind is playing tricks on her!

    @msnhim...Yes he is!

    @sarccastk...I don't know how she found out, but my mission is to find the weakest link!

    @"n' search...Yes ma'am...and I thanked him over...and over again!

    @omar...AWWWWW...That was so sweet!

    @diamonds...I'm gald he's got his head on straight. I must say he is the FIRST man who has been this real with me. He gives it to me straight...no lies, no games. It's quite a change from what I'm used to, but I'm luvin it!

    @charlesX...I got my blade ready for her a**! Yep, I live in Cowtown, TX!

    @Trina...Yep.There is always something.

    @mr. slish...Thanks for stopping by my spot!

    @abeni...I'm glad the turnout was great and everything went down as planned!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home