LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Come Back Another Day...

Not to sound vain, but I feel like a small time celebrity. There's always someone in my space!

So many people suffer from loneliness, but I don't even know what that is anymore. I suffer from...."Can I have just one day to myself" syndrome. I know I shouldn't be complaining because I am well loved, but sometimes a girl just needs a break! I have not had a day to myself in about 2 years, and I mean that literally. It's not my daughter...It's not my man...It's everyone else!

My man understands my need for space. He is the same. We can talk on the phone for hours at a time ...He at his place, and I at mine. When we see each other, it's so much better. We get the chance to miss each other. I love going to his house and getting waited on hand and foot. He gets the same treatment when he comes to my place...Sometimes(LOL...He usually ends up waiting on me there too...gotta love him)! I visit my parents often. My mother is very sentimental. She cherishes her family, so I grace her with my presence at least twice a week. But they aren't my problem.

It's my friends, and all of the people around me. I just accepted a new position at my job, with a significant increase in pay, and more work. I have to travel more often as well. I work from home 90% of the time. It seems like when I am home, there is someone at my house from the time I wake up in the morning, until the time I go to bed. Someone, stopping by for A.M. coffee everyday, which I don't drink, I just keep it around because I know they will come...Someone wanting to do brunch, lunch, or just talk...Someone needing some advise or a shoulder to cry on...Someone with a crisis, in need of some intervention...Someone in need of a loan...Someone needing an emergency babysitter for the day...Someone who just has nothing to do, and just wants to sit around and mooch off of me for the day, sitting around eating my food, and just enjoying my space(which I don't mind, but Everyday? Come on!)...There is only one person that I can tell EVERYTHING right now, and that's my man. But who do I go to when I want to talk about him? Lately , every time I attempt to talk to one of my friends, they hit me with something that THEY have going on. Don't get me wrong, they are a great group of people and I love them, but when is my turn coming? My friend Softspoken is my rock, but he has been so busy lately, flying in an out of town on business, that we haven't had a chance to talk much, and I miss him. He will be home for good next week, and maybe I can stop my whining then. Normally when I get to this point, he comes over, and takes me away from all this madness! I am strong, but sometimes I need a nudge. I am mentally drained by people right now, and since he is not here to rescue me, I have to take matters into my own hands.

My daughter will be going with her dad on a weekend trip, and won't be back until Sunday night. I am quarantined in my place. The only people immune to my antics are my man, my parents, and my brother, and blogland, of course. When I visited my parents yesterday, I told them and my brother that I needed some rest, so I know they won't be stopping by. So that's it...I haven't taken any calls, answered any emails, or had any form of contact with anyone since last night. I refuse to take to, unless someone is sick, dead, or dying, they have to find someone else today. I know it sounds selfish, but I have to do what I need to maintain my sanity! Now me being like I am, I can't stay closed up in the house too long, but for now...This is it!

Well, while I have Softspoken on my mind, I guess I'll bring up an issue that he and I discussed a few weeks ago. How people feel that all gay men are feminine. The company that he works for knows that he is gay. He said that on his first trip out of town, to the new office that he is setting up, the people were already aware of him being gay. Now what that has to do with his job, I don't know, but I guess his superiors felt the need to let the other office workers know. He said that when he walked in, they looked at him like they had seen a ghost. He is gorgeous...Works out often...Well spoken. After about 2 weeks there, one of the ladies in the building felt comfortable enough to say..."You don't look anything like we expected". HUH? What is he supposed to look like? He said that she even started flirting with him. Now she knows that he is gay, but flirts with him because he is masculine? WTF?

Is there something that you need to get away from? A habit? A person? A place?

12 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Bobby Brown Jr. said…

    once again im feeling you TOTALLY on this post. I was just telling my mother last night when she asked why I hadnt answered my phone for over a week that 'Dr. Phil is on vacation!' people are drawn to good energy but they take advantage of it but in the end YOU are responsible for YOU so I've learned how to preserve my energy and shut it all down (no calls, email, etc) and refuel and trust me I always feel better afterwards.

    @ people assume all gay men are feminine

    This couldnt be further from the truth and it annoys me when my friends and I are in situations where somebody says something stupid like 'yall not like other gay dudes' just like straight people come in all shapes and sizes we do to. But Ive also learned that the only way to dispel that myth is by doing exactly what your friend does and that is being ME (which is everything they didnt expect..lol) GREAT POST!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Sometimes I feel the need to get away from me and how I feel like I have to help or be there for everyone. As you stated many times we listen and hear others but there is no one to hear or listen to us and what we have going on.

    Many times the people that always talk about themselves when I need time to vent....only get so far with me lol

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @bobby...At this point, everyone is cut off except the fellow bloggers, because you guys actually have something to say that will help me!


    @I hate to be cut off when I am venting... When I stop listening, and avoid the conversation all together, they act like I have done something wrong! I'm like..."Just shut up for a minute and let me speak. This is about ME not YOU!"

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    girl.. u read my post! i need a break from work! and how you're feeling is NOT selfish.. its just the way it is.. we'll both get our rest sooner or later! hang in there!

    and that is crazy about how society perceives gay men.. they better stop before they get hurt by a DL man!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    We all need a breeak everynow and then, its no big deal. I am planing on taking a day of next week to be " alone".

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Girlllll I read in 2 other blogs about the same thing and I experience it myself! I mean who counsels the counselor??? Your not being selfish, your maintaining you right state of mind.

    I have no clue about the someone always at the house stuff! I could actually used some company! LOL

    Is there something that you need to get away from? NAH

    A habit? Bitting my nails

    A person? NAH

    A place? Work and school, I need one day, maybe 2, where I just wake up and I am not responsible for NOTHING and don't have to go NOWHERE!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Charles X said…

    it should never be off your mind ;)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @charles...I know, but you can't knock a girl for trying.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    I know the feeling.Not that you mind being there but comes a point you realise you've been stretching yourself thin and not getting much in return.So its great you recognise the need for a little me time.

    I definitely need to get away from my workplace-way too stressful

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    As much as I love my job I really need to get away from it right now.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    I needed to get away from a place (Los Angeles) and a person (my soon-to-be-ex-husband)...both of which I did and I don't regret either.

    Listen...you have to take care of you...especially since your friends aren't being attentive right now. So don't you dare think you are being selfish...you're actually doing yourself a really big favor!

    I find myself in the same position quite often and most times it's my fault...I allow people to take, take, take - never letting my needs be known. I have to believe that, as "friends," if they KNEW I was in need they would come to my aid.

    Take advantage of this "you" time...sounds like it is much deserved and well overdue.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home