LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Back to Diva...

Diva and I had a deep conversation over the weekend. The end result, he wants what I have. I learned a lot about my friend this weekend. He really has no clue. He wants it all so bad but he can't seem to get it....

He must have forgotten the things that I had to go through. Not to say that everyone has to have the same experiences but you have to go through something to appreciate what's on the other side. All he sees is that I am very happy now. He is blinded by what he wants. He is willing to try to find happiness at any cost. I tried to explain to him that happiness does not come that easy.

One thing is true that he said. Happiness is a choice.

He ws not very happy with me by the end of the conversation. I just stated the cold, hard facts. You can only choose to make yourself happy. You can't choose happiness for someone else. If the other person in the relationship does not want to be happy with you, it will not last....

What would you sacrifice for someone else's happiness?

My answer to that question. Nothing. What I mean by that is, if we can't come to some type of agreement in which we can both be happy in the situation, the only alternative for me is to get out of it.

After we agreed to disagree, we were okay. We had lunch...shopped...the whole time he checked his phone. Finally he said. "I want you to meet him." We left the store and we were on our way.

We pulled up at Diva's place and went inside. He made a call. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I had no idea what to expect.

He walked in. He was average height and was nicely built. I could tell he spent time in the gym. He walked over to me and gave me a hug, much to my surprise. I really didn't know how to react so I just stood there stiff for a moment. I tend to freeze up when people invade my personal space unexpectedly. He had a nice smile. I looked him over from head to toe and my eyes stopped on his ring.

He looked at me...I stared back. The unspoken reality filled the room. He was a married man and had my friend on the side. I bet his wife was somewhere without a clue. We all talked for a while. He told me about himself. He was unhappily married with one son. He tried to tell his wife it was over but she kept hanging on, and at this point so was he. I told him about me.

We ended the conversation amicably. He went on his way.

Now I understood why he had been acting so strangely. Diva had been on stolen time. That's why he had to leave in a haste.

I have my own morals and beliefs...but I choose not to judge my friend. Although I may not agree with his choices for his life I have to realize that it was just that...HIS LIFE.

Diva knows that I won't tell anyone...It's not my business to tell.

I just hope my friend knows what he is getting himself into...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    It is his life, but he is in for a lot of pain. Maybe it will work out for him, but I do not think the odds are on his side. You are a really supportive friend. Diva may want what you have, but he is settling for much, much less.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    he told his wife that he's unhappy.. or that he's gay??? i hate MARRIED people that cheat.. Diva is not better than being the "other person" but dude is sooooo wrong for pursuing something with him w/o ending his marriage... diva will never have what you have in him, especially if dude is still married!

    but ur right.. it is HIS life.. but it'd be hard for me not to express my feelings about this situation to him....

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    I just hope that diva finds what he desires and deserves with out sacrificing everything for it.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    What will I sacrifice for someone else's happiness? I won't say nothing because that is not true. It really depends on the situation on how much I'd give up.

    I hope this whole situation with Diva pans out sooner than later. It's so sad that cheating is so commonplace :-(

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Now that probably was an eye full when you saw that...lord knows what would have been going through my mind. You are right we all have our own opinions about what we would or wouldn't do especially when it comes ot dealing with someone that is married but the reality is his wife just might know and not care allowing him to do what he wants as long as she can keep up with the "Jones'". I pray that Diva knows what he's doing and keeps his third eye open

     

Post a Comment

<< Home