LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stop Staring At People

Since I was younger, this is a phrase that I heard so often from my mother, but I just can't help myself. When I see something that different from my definition of normal, I have to catch myself because I will gawk at it.

I was shopping for underwear yesterday, and this lady walked into the store. I know that I am curvy, but this lady was super "top heavy" with a tiny waist. She asked if they had bras in her size which was way off the charts. Instead of her just walking out of the store, she gets upset. Instead of me minding my own business, I just stand there staring in disbelief. I know the right thing to do would have been to be compassionate for her. I had to catch myself...

My man and I were out eating the other day and the girl that came to our table spit when she talked. I couldn't help but stare at her. I could barely put in my drink order because I was looking so hard. Needlessly to say that my man and I left before our drinks made it back to the table. I couldn't help but think that she was talking to someone while she was making my drink and spitting all over my glass...

I was at the pharmacy picking up my daughter's allergy medicine and the tech said,and I quote,
Tech: You wan me ta git yo medicine out tha back fuh you can leave?
Me: Sure.
Tech: How you git yo hair to do that?
Me: Do what?
Tech: Curl like that?
Me: I don't do anything to it. It curls naturally.
Tech: What kind of hair is that?
Me: Mine.
At this point she got upset because she thought I was being sarcastic, but I really didn't know any other answer to that question. Once again, I just stared. She gave me my receipt and I left.

This lady and guy pulled up next to my man and I at a traffic light. The guy slaps the lady right in the mouth and busted her lip. Of course I just stared as she sat there holding her lip. My man touched my leg and told me to stop staring.

I'm making a conscious effort to stop but dang. All these people around me keep doing crazy things.

What makes you stare?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what makes you stare?

    some of the same stuff.
    A rude person in the store. That and pure foolishness, like someone wearing shorts anda tank top in 20degree weather.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    stuff that's out the ordinary and attractive men :-P

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Curvy women.

    Women with butts that make me want to bray like a retarded donkey.

    Hot and yummy women in general.

    People and things that I think are exceptional beautiful or exotic looking.

    Loud and uncouth people.

    Stuff that is out of the ordinary.

    Basically whatever manages to capture both my eyes and my thoughts and refuse to release either makes me stare.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think all of those examples u gave would make me stare...

    another problem that some have (sometimes) is pointing... when my b/f try to show someone something/one to look at.. he cant help but to point.. im always telling him "stop pointing!"

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What makes me stare?

    when ppl do and say some of the craziest stuff.
    when someone ask me a dumb question that makes me stare at them.

    Sexy ass men

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty much that and if a woman looks like she has a bigger butt than me LOL (since I've been told mine is big lol)

    People who are somewhat heavy and wear 12 sizes smaller than what they should wear....

    Folks in flip flops when it rains....beautiful men

    Bad kids...the list goes on LOL...someone with something on their face, talking with food in their mouth...see what I mean LOL

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    THAT IS HILARIOUS !!!! I don't stare ... I glance...so people dont know I'm staring...my photo memory registers quickly...lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home