LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

He's Tripping, But you Can't Cut Him Off...

My man is going through some things with his family. Ultimately I know that I have to support my man, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't tell him he was wrong.

His younger brother Goldie, as I call him, has gone too far this time. It is very hard to get my man upset, but once he's there is even harder to get him to think things out reasonably.

I didn't want to get into the whole mess, but circumstances have put me there. With all the things going on with my man's mother, he and his brothers have had to step up to the plate and help their father. Goldie is the only one who can't seem to get on track. He is very selfish at times, and he says that he can't understand why he is being put under so much pressure.

Goldie feels that he shouldn't have to do anything but come and visit his mother. With his mother not working, and his father taking off a lot to be by her side, medical costs, and all other bills, they are going through their savings like crazy. Even though they haven't asked for any financial assistance so far, we try to help out with the little things they need.

Everyone has sacrificed except Goldie. Even the small things that he his asked to do, he just can't seem to do it. He's spoiled and used to getting his way, but at some point he has to grow up.

I do their laundry, and make sure that his father eats everyday. My man and his other brothers handle the rest. I don't mind helping out...

My man has decided to cut Goldie off. I told him that acting irresponsibly does not constitute a reason for being totally cut off from your bother. He is thinking long and hard, and I know it bothers him because he keeps talking about it.

Hopefully he'll make a decision that he can live with...

Until next time, I'm off to deal with everything in my life right now...I hope everyone is doing well out there is blogland.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    That is kinda extreme to cut him off but I think once everything dies down everyone will be cool again. This is the time where people have to learn thier lessons on both sides.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart goes out to you and your man.
    I have been in a situation similar and I agree with ladynay. Is your man the oldest?

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It might be extreme to cut him off but hey you gotta do what you gotta do...I'd do anything for my parents at the drop of a dime to help them out even if they didn't ask cause you know they wont. Those are his parents, they don't ask for anything yet deserve the world. See how things progress cause he might going through something mentally which could explain why he's not doing his share..maybe denial..anywho I am not a therapist as you know LOL..but you get what I'm saying he's choosing to not help therefore ignore the fact that his dad and mom aren't superheros.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I'm sure I'm only hearing half of the story...

    @deep...Yes, he's the oldest in this situation. I'll have to post soon about him and his brothers...

    @honey...Exactly.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Encourage your man to be the example for his li'l bro. Cutting him off would be the antithesis of what he's trying to do: be about family.

    Glad he has you...

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey luv hopefully your man thinks things thru before he makes such a drastic decision like that. Cause when it is all said and done family is all you got in the end.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is tough. That is so good that you are stepping up. Your man must be so appreciative to have you by his side. His brother is not going to change. I would say during this time of family turmoil to just let it slide. At a later point he can cuss his brother out, but if his mom is sick maybe now is the time to just let it slide.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    I'm a little torn over this one because we lost our mother suddenly but when she was sick we all came together and did what we had to do. I'm the oldest and even my younger brothers and sisters did the little things they were asked to do.
    Then on the other hand maybe there is a bigger issue with Goldie. Maybe he doesn't really know how to deal with what's going on. It could be denial or whatever.
    Your main focus is your man so whatever decision he makes right now just stand by his side even if you think it is wrong. When things calm down you can talk to him about changing his mind.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @sojourner...I'm sure there is a lot I don't know about the whole situation, but I really don't think he'll totally cut him off, but there will be some changes.

    @ladyj...I think that's the whole problem...he's not thinking much at all. Hopefully things will get better for them.

    @miz jj...I know it's coming. i don't know when, I don't know where. But I know he'll let his brother have it!

    @trina...I've llearned how to let my man deal with things and allowing to have the least amount of impact on our home life as possible. When it comes to family matters, you just have to let them work themselves out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home