LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Need A Band-Aid For My Memeories...

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I lounged around and worked all day. Today is a different story all together.

Bad memories are like scars...You move on, you heal...but you never forget.

This weekend, I did a little shopping. The rainy weather put me in a stale mood, so I just needed to get out of the house. As I was walking, I saw a man that looked just like Him from behind. I could feel my heart beating fast. I knew it wasn't Him. It couldn't be. He had the same head, and similar build, but he was gone. He had been gone for years.

I followed Him, but I couldn't catch him. I finally caught him when he was stopping to make a call. He was reaching for his phone as I passed him. He looked at me, I looked at him. Then came the sigh of relief. I walked passed him

For those of you that haven't been reading my blog from the beginning, here the story of him...

http://time2luvme.blogspot.com/2006/02/be-careful-what-you-wish-for.html/ (For some reason blogger won't let me post the link)

The man who once had control over me. The one who taught me so many lessons without even knowing.

I had bittersweet memories of him...

Have you ever seen a person that looked so much like someone you knew it was scary?

8 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Have you ever seen a person that looked so much like someone you knew it was scary?

    Yeah I have, kinda freaked me out.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    I had that same feeling...

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Yeah...and it was creepy....I remember that story...I cried when I read it the first time. For those who have not read it...you should go back and read it.

    ~Newy~

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    That's what I call my "down" time...I cried as I typed it. But I was glad to get it off my chest.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seeing someone that looks like someone else I know is always creepign especially cause you're like I know that's them..that could be them...perhaps they've changed..although memories (certain memories) hurt like fresh wounds they also remind me of how far I've come and how I've changed...

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That story is so sad. It is a miracle you made it out of there.

    I have the oppositie instinct when I think I see someone I know. I duck.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes i have.. as ladynay said.. it freaked me out!

    just b/c u cant forget.. doesnt mean that it has to bring negative feelings... ur who u are now b/c of that.. it has made u a stronger woman.. although that period of ur life was rough.. think of it as a blessing... that u were able to get away & never look back...

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, first time commenting on your site and this post really got me.

    Yes, I have seen a million persons that look like "him"....and then unfortunately one day it really was.

    My heart was beating SO fast and I had a hard time breathing...by the time I made it back to my car I was SO upset that I had bumped into him that from this day forth I still dread going where I know he might be...

    My heart skips a painful beat everytime I think it might be him...and then the sigh of relief as I realize it's not...
    ...and I have 2 "hims" I try to avoid for different reasons...

    Have a good weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home