LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting Away For The Weekend

My man and I hosted a couple's retreat at our cabin this past weekend. I must say that I really enjoyed myself. The basis of the retreat was to bring couples closer together. The cabin has 4 bedrooms. The first night the couples were separated. Saturday night, we were partnered up.

I am no expert on relationships by far. I learn something new about me man everyday. But I have learned that getting away from things that you would normally do with the one you love, helps to either make or break a relationship. You really get to know the person you're with.

Friday night, we played a game called...Do You Know Me. Since my man and I made up the questions, we didn't play. One of the couples only got one questions right and they've been together for 2 years. They definitely need to do their homework. The next game we played that night was, Guess Who I Am. Each person was given a small basket full of letters, paper, and a glue stick. We all had to come up with six characteristics that were unique about ourselves, and use the letters to form the words on paper. They all looked like ransom notes in the end, but that was the point. In order for the game to be effective, we had to be anonymous. We then put all the papers in a bucket. Each person had to pull out a piece of paper, and guess who wrote. Since we all know each other fairly well, the game was a lot of fun. We had dinner, watched a couple of movies, and then went to bed.

Saturday night, we had food catered in. My man and I stocked the cabin with liquor before everyone came because we knew some of the couples would need it... Everyone showed their hidden talents. My man sang a song that he wrote when he lost one of his good friends. It was beautiful. There was not a dry eye in the room when he finished. Some because they knew who the song was about, and they felt the same way...others because the song was just that good...That's how his voice is. It just seems to melt all your cares away. To lighten the mood, we played music...new and old. We started with the old music from our era. We did all the dances. It was so much fun. Then we kicked it up a notch and played some new stuff. I must say that times have change. Music is not like it used to be.

You learn a lot about people, being stuck inside with them for a whole weekend. There was no drama, and a lot of love in that place...gay...straight...It didn't matter. We all had a ball!

How was your weekend?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad it was beautiful. Love is a beatiful thing.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww...I hope I can have a relationship like yours one day. Y'all seem like you have so much fun together.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Not as good as yours. What a wonderful thing to be able to host something like that.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @deep...Yes it is...

    @southern gal...favorite color, favorite food, type of clothing, favorite spot on your body, best assests...the list goes on and on...

    @shug...I hope you find love...We enjoy each other, that's for sure!

    @ladynay...We try to keep things going...It was his idea, and a good one I might add.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Nowhere remotely as interesting as yours. Who knows, maybe if my time comes I'll have plenty of ideas of things to do that I stole, err borrowed from you.

    Glad you had a great weekend.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now that was sweet...you and your man will soon be on Dr. Phil I'm sure lol sike let me stop..it's wonderful that you took the time to get away and perhaps what you all possess touched the others you were with...my weekend was nice..chill and filled I guess you could say...

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    I had a nice weekend...but I wanna go to ur retreat...I need to find someone to be a couple with tho...lol...would same sex couples be allowed?

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...Their yours to take. LOL

    @honey...You always have interesting weekends...

    @valentino...We don't discriminate. As long as you come to have a good time...My best friend and his beau were there...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home