LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Beautiful...

What makes a person beautiful? The way they look...The way they act...How they express themselves?

It's true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But to me, beauty is more than skin deep. I think there are levels of beauty, and my mother, is the epitome of beauty to me.

My mother is a natural beauty. She has flawless skin, beautiful hair and eyes...but that 's not what makes her beautiful to me. Her spirit is beautiful. She has poise and grace. She is patient beyond measure. She has been saying something to me since I was younger, but it wasn't until I grew up that I knew what it meant. She said, "People can buy a lot of things, but they can't buy class. Either you have it, or you don't."

What I appreciate about my mother is, she never stops being herself. You either like her or you don't. Point blank. She's never rude. She barely ever raises her voice. She has taught me so much and the more I look at her the more I see that I have so much more to learn.

Whatever happened to natural beauty? With all the enhancers on the market these days, I wonder if people even know what that is anymore...

My man is a different kind of beautiful to me. He's a loving beauty. The way that he is...words can't explain. We started as friends...then lovers...now we are one step from being husband and wife...and through it all he has been wonderful. He respects people, no matter who they are or what they do. He's not judgmental. He loves without pretense. He accepts so many things.

With all that people have been through in life, it's hard to love the way that he does. He taught me how to love that way...He says, "I can't love for yesterday, I can't love for tomorrow, I can only love you the best that I can, today."


My best friend possesses the beauty of friendship. He knows how to be a friend. He always gives me just enough. Just enough space when I need it. Just enough time when I need to talk. Just enough support when I'm going through something. He has just as much respect for my relationship as I do his. He is a beautiful friend.

My brother shows me the beauty of family. We have a history. We come from the same place. He knows me better than anyone...Past experiences...Future endeavors... We share a bond that cannot be broken. My father also adds to this. He was my protector for so many years. Now he has passed the torch. He is a good man to say the least...

Last but certainly not least, my child has shown me the beauty of life. Never did I know that I could love someone so much. I would give my own life for hers without a second thought. As she grows, I appreciate her so much more. I learn a lot from her, just as she does from me. I love the way she trusts everything that I say...That's why it's important that I watch what I say to her. Words can hurt just as much a licks. I can still remember cruel things that were said to me...

This post has put me in a beautiful mood...

8 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    How.....beautiful. I mean how else would you describe this post?

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    That pretty much sums it up...hence the title. As usual, I just wrote what I was feeling and today, it just happened to be beautiful...

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks. This made me feel better.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Glad I could help...

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are beautiful. your s is the beauty of wisdom and growth. thank you for sharing your beauty through your words.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beauty is a wonderful thing. Well put.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    Absolutely great post!!! Man, its the end of the day and I am instantly in a good mood. I think I will copy this and save it to read later or send it to my mom. She would love it!!!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    Y'kno there are a lot of people i like in blogopia. even folk I am cool with in real life. But yours is always one I make sure to shopw folk when I tell them about my blogging experience. I absolutely love your honesty, your wisdom and your generosity in sharing both. It's definitely..beautiful!

    Much love and respect to you. If I had an older sister I would want her to be as fly as you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home