LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Him Again...

I was talking to a friend of mine about love. She is in love, and she had to tell someone. You know that new, intense, getting to know you love.

The love I share with my man is much deeper, but I didn't steal her moment. I just smiled and listened because I knew she was happy if she even felt a portion of what I feel for my man.

As the cold weather approaches, the closer we become.

I enjoy the quiet evenings we spend, cuddled up together, doing nothing but feeling everything at the same time. I still have yet to wake up from this dream.

It has been a while since I have posted about him. He just gets better with time. Just when I think things with him can't get any better, he surprises me.

I fell in love with his smile...those dimples...his swagger...his personality...his intelligence. he seems to know something about everything, and if he doesn't know, he's eager to find out. He treats me like a woman. He is gentle with me and tries to protect me at all times, but he gives me enough room to be by own woman. He listens when I speak, even if it is something that I know he doesn't want to hear. He won't comment, but he hears what I have to say. The type of relationship that I have with him is one that I wished for years ago. He wants the same things that I want in life. I am able to plan ahead because we are on the same page. It's crazy how we're in sync and are able to agree on things with little discussion.

He told me yesterday that we are already becoming one... I allow him to be a man (that's not saying that he has control over me), but I give him the opportunity to lead the household because he knows how to take the responsibility without abusing it.

I am happy to do things for him because he puts forth so much effort to keep me happy. We go through things, just like any other couple, but it's how we are able to come through the situations that bring us closer.

When I do things that he doesn't agree with, he shows me what he likes, rather than become confrontational. I have learned through experience to do the same...

I make efforts to keep things spicy around the house ( I am a freak behind closed doors...so is he). It makes for some interesting days and nights...

I'm smiling as I am typing this post because it makes me think of him and what he'd be doing if he were here right now.

He would be all over me...just as he always is when my daughter's not home....and I love it!

I don't have any questions today...just thoughts of the man I love and how me he shows me, that he loves me just as much!

15 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Love is a beautiful thing, you are very fortunate.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Thank you...I know I say it more than enough...LOL

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Awww I love the fact that each day when you are in love with someone you learn a new reason why you began to love them :) You are blessed beyond explanation

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...Thank you

    @southern gal...YAAAYYY for black love!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    that is wonderful

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Nice post. I hope you continue to have a wonderful day.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Shug said…

    Awww...I hope to find a relationship like yours one day.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    That is so bautiful. It is such a blessing for two people to find true love in this day and age.Treasure it.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, you really make a sister wish she had a date, man, something...

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Deepnthought...Thank you.

    @Freaky...Thanks, and yes, my day was great!

    @shug...I hope you do too!

    @trina...Believe I do treasure it.

    @that girl...LOL.Thank for stopping by.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Lady J said…

    Only a good man could put a smile like that on your face. I remember the good times. I smiled all the time like that. I have to agree with nay Love is a Beautiful thing.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger dancehard said…

    Wow...thanks for the heartfelt admission of love and appreciation for your man! It gives me hope that the guy I'm seeing is the one for me.

    We are involved in a long distance relationship, and I will see him for the first time in 6 WEEKS tomorrow night, so thank you for putting me in such a great mood.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Upon my return back to Blogland it is awesome to learn that you are still very much in love...I could not be happier for you!

    I have a lot of catching up to do cuz I know you've reported some drama since I've been gone...LOL!

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @robert mack...maybe so...

    @lady j...yes it is.

    @dancehard...Glad that I could help..

    @darbs...WELCOME BACK! I've had a lot going on since you pulled your disappearing act...

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    He loves u.. it's special and different...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home