LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What Are You Talking About?

Has anyone ever taken something that you said completely out of context? I hate that!

I was talking to my friend Angel about how tired I have been lately, and how I just need a break from everything. Now why did she feel the need to go back and tell the rest my friends that they need to stop calling me for so much, and I'm tired of them depending on me? I didn't say that. Maybe she felt that way, but those were not my words. All I said to her was, "I'm tired, and I need a break from people for a while." Sometimes my friends can be so sensitive with the things I say(even though this time, I didn't say anything wrong)...

She has turned something so petty into a monster! Now she has created a big mess for me because my phone is ringing off the hook with my friends asking me if I am upset with them...If they are asking me for too much...and so on and so forth. I wish people would learn how to listen and not just hear what they want to hear.

So tonight I will be getting together with the crew to let them know the deal. This is so unnecessary! It's actually not them. It's my family! Angel is my girl but sometimes she is a scatter brain and she speaks out of turn. On top of it all, I think this pregnancy is killing her intellect...Whew.

Don't you just hate it when other people create messes for you to straighten out?

13 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    To answer your question yes.

    Your friends read to be cool people so they will most likely understand once you tell them what's up.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...yeah, they are cool, but the fact that I have to explain is what bothers me.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i would invite her over to & let her know... that she has made things worse than what they already were & she is now a part of your stress!

    take a nap!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I need one...

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Clay said…

    yes that happens all the time - now im sure you feel even more tired than you did before you told her that ...

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @clay...how'd you know?

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Well, if you need a break from everything wouldn't your friends be included in that?

    You have been under a lot of stress. So much so that you ran away for a few hours without telling anyone and worrying everyone half to death. As you've described them most of your friends sound cool but they also sound a bit demanding. Not necessarily a bad thing normally but when you add in the stress you're under it's not necessarily a convenient or good thing to deal with and be around some of them.

    I think Angel may have jumped the gun a bit but she took what you said to one of the most likely and logical conclusions. While some things may be better left unsaid, most things should probably be said and explicitly at that, so there's no room for confusion or misinterpretation.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    shooo, i've had folk taking stuff i've written in my blog out of context for the last two days. at this point i'm done with the explanations.

    it's just as you said though. folk have their own minds and see what they wanna see and hear what they wanna hear. all you can do is know in your heart your intentions were the best and then keep that ish moving. that's not your mess to straighten out. that's their misunderstanding to figure out.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...I have to get away from them all.

    @freaky...That's my plan. I have to take a break from them ALL...

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    What's funny about that story is she told your friends you needed space (not what you meant), but your friends instead of giving you space blew up your phone line. I guess they know not to completely trust Angel. Good luck with your crew. If they truly know you then they'll know that it isn't that serious.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mzjj...You would think that they would actually GIVE me some space...

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    damn...did she really "take the baton" and run with it...it sounds like u didn't say anything remote to what she thought...friends huh...u can't live with them...u can't live with them...(i purposely did/said that)...

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @sandford...I know exactly what you mean...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home