LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hook Me Up...

Yesterday all of my man's fine brothers came to my place. They are planning a party for their parents. All of them are made from the same DNA. All fine. All gorgeous. It just makes no sense for ALL of them to look like that! Their parents' should have started an assembly line...Talk about a billion dollar business...Whew!

Diva is coordinating the big bash, so he was right there with me. His friend, Nina was there to help. They were both looking in amazement. He was thinking the same thing I was thinking. He called Softspoken to come over to help( he's very creative), and to see what we saw. I couldn't help but laugh.

I must say, I got the best one out of the bunch, considering his attitude . But they are all FINE!

Nina was getting on my nerves. She went bananas over one of his brothers. We'll call him Goldie(LOL) cause he is defiantly a MACK... He has short cropped curly brown hair with natural golden blond highlights, golden skin and eyes, and the cutest dimples. He's a cutie. But his mannerism is what makes him so cute to me. He doesn't talk much, he just smiles all the time.But don't sleep on him becasue he is a mess...

She oogled over him for a couple of hours, and then they left to go shoot pool at my man's place. Why did she wait until they were gone before she started bugging me about hooking her up with Goldie? I told her she should have hooked herself up. I don't play the match-maker game. Besides if HE was interested, he would have said something to HER. She wouldn't have to chase after HIM. She got mad when I said it, but the truth shall set you free!

I have seen the boy in action. He leaves 'em sprung! She was already sprung, and all he did was smile and make small talk with her.

I was heading to my man's place after I straightened up my house and helped get the last of the party details in order. Why did she ask if she could tag along? If you notice, most of my friends are MALES. I don't have a lot of female friends and I like it that way. It's not that I don't like hanging with females, it just worked out that way! I am not trying to add a new friend to my list.

She was kind of upset because I really didn't want to take her with me, so I called my man up and asked what they were up to. He was bragging about puttin' a whuppin'' on his brothers. I told him that Nina wanted to come over with me and he said, "For what? Doesn't she know that you're spending the night? Didn't she ride with Diva?" I had actually forgotten that fact. I told him she wanted to talk to Goldie. I could hear him smiling through the phone. He said, "he got her too huh?" I said, "Yep, hook, line, and sinker." He said loud enough so all his brother could hear over the music, " The PM has got another one." They were all laughing. The PM is a name that they gave their brother years ago because when they ladies see him they go crazy. PM is the Panty Melter....They say he can make the ladies hot with just a smile...without ever saying a word. Goldie told me to bring her with me, and he'd drop her off at home.

She was happy as heck when I told her what he said. She just didn't know... On the way over there, I told her to be cool and don't let the good looks fool her. I was trying to coach the girl. I have been around the boys in rare form, and I know how they operate. Goldie doesn't commit to anything or anyone. I told her to not get her hopes up too high, and to see it for what it is... Hanging out and having a good time. Why didn't she listen to me?

When we got there, she played it cool for a good 20 minutes, and then they were in the other room kissing and doing some heavy petting. About 30 minutes later she and Goldie left...The brothers all looked at each other when Goldie was saying his goodbyes and as soon as they were out the door, they were falling all over the place laughing like crazy.

Goldie called my man this morning to tell him about the episode. My man just looked at me and shook his head and said, "Another one bites the dust..."

Nina called me a few minutes ago while she was getting ready for work to thank me for introducing her to Goldie. ( Why in the heck are these people calling my house this time of morning?) I told her not to get her hopes up, and don't be surprised if he didn't call. She had the nerve to get pissed off at me. Oh well. I tried to save her a lot of wasted nights, waiting by the phone for a call that would never come. She said that he told her that he really liked her, and would be calling her soon. But that's not what he told his brother...She'll just have to learn on her own...

She said that she really didn't want to have sex with him so soon but he wanted to, and she just couldn't help herself...I told her, she's a grown a** woman. If she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have. Now she's in lust and he's gone on his merry way...Oh well, her decision, her problem...

Have you ever seen a person that will do anything to make another person (that they like) happy?

Have you ever seen a person so desperate to win over the affection of another that they sacrifice their own dignity only to fail at the task at hand?

What would you have done differently in the situation?

15 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Yeah, I wouldn't have slept with him within 24 hours of meeting him. That's a definite no-no. And if I would have, I really wouldn't have expected him to take me seriously afterwards and I wouldn't have taken him seriously either. Who's to say that if they did have a "relationship", he wouldn't be sleeping with other women that he just happened to meet?

    Like you said, you tried to warn her so you did your part. Some people have to learn the hard way. I know I did.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Have you ever seen a person that will do anything to make another person (that they like) happy?

    *sheepishly raising hand* That was me back in the day. I had a bad problem of not wanting to disappoint. But that was then and this is now. Whenever I find myself going into people pleaser mode...I back off.

    Have you ever seen a person so desperate to win over the affection of another that they sacrifice their own dignity only to fail at the task at hand?
    Again that was me back then. I will never forget this guy I'll call Deep Dimples. Told me that if I cared anything about our relationship I would come over. Mind you I was stationed in Virginia Beach, VA and he was in Philly. This was a Friday night. I had just gotten off and had to be at work Sunday. I got in the car drove 6 hours, got there about 1130 he had me drop him at a club (I was only 19) then wait for him...(I know dumb me) it was freezing out there...I got sick as a dog that weekend and drove back to VA beach with a Fever and chills (I had caught the flu) *smh* yeah just dumb. I lost a piece of myself that weekend and I didn't stay with him much longer after that. I try to keep myself from people pleaser mode cause that keeps me out of trouble.

    What would you have done differently in the situation?
    I would have just kept it light and maybe exchanged numbers. I would not have been exchanging saliva and would have made him WANT to call me.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    You did your part in telling her before she got there to be cool and not get to excited.

    Have you ever seen a person that will do anything to make another person (that they like) happy?
    Yeah, that's not a bad thing when the liking is mutual....

    Have you ever seen a person so desperate to win over the affection of another that they sacrifice their own dignity only to fail at the task at hand?
    Unfortunately

    What would you have done differently in the situation?
    If you are referring to the Nina situation, if I wanted to sleep with him I would have, but I wouldn't have listened to the game. She's grown and she "should" know what game sounds like....

    People can't tie them pretty boys down! *you excluded*

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @shug...Hopefully she'll use this as a lesson learned and not let this turn into a cycle. If so, she is setting herself up for a lifetime of heartache...

    @mznew...Sorry you had to go through that...

    I tried to help the girl out. Heck I already hooked one of them...But she had her own thoughts...oh well..

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...It's possible to tie them down...I just lucked up on one that wanted to be tied down more than I did. We were opposites. He was looking for a commitment and I was running...I'm glad I slowed down and saw the light...

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Have you ever seen a person that will do anything to make another person (that they like) happy?
    I co-sign with Ladynay. As long as it's a mutual thing I don't see any problem with it. When it's a one-sided thing then it's wrong.

    Have you ever seen a person so desperate to win over the affection of another that they sacrifice their own dignity only to fail at the task at hand?
    Yep and it wasn't pretty. I may sacrifice some pride but not my dignity.

    What would you have done differently in the situation?
    I usually ask more questions and actually listen to and read the person I'm getting my recon from. If she's a slut then let me know. If she's crazy, clingy, or smells bad down there then let me know. I like to know more about the person I'm pursuing then they think I do. However, if I really wanted to hit, first 24 hours or not, and she's willing, I'd do it.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    The PM huh? Sounds like a brother I need to meet LOL, sike let me stop. I would not have slept with him especially after hearing from his brothers how he was and you trying to tell her, but hey like you said she is grown and I've had a one night stand before and don't regret it one bit....you did your job..you warned her....

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i think ii woulda told her ass NO and left it at that! now her feelings are going to be hurt.. oh well like you said! her problem...

    i only do anything to satisfy my man if the actions are reciprocated (sp)

    how many brothers does he have?

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    oh! and i hate playing match-maker too.. keep me out of it! b/c if you're both my friend or whatever... i dont want to be in the middle when things head south!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...I wouldn't sacrifice my dignity either.

    @honey...He's something else...

    I don' think there is anything wrong with one night stands if there is a mutual agreement. In this case, to him she was a one night stand, but to her, he was something more. Poor girl...

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...There are four of them!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...They are a sight to see...

    Yep, she fell for it...

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger That Dude Right There said…

    I just finished writing a post that alluded to your questions.

    Have you ever seen a person that will do anything to make another person (that they like) happy?

    I raise my hand in self-admittance. The bad part is that person still has that hold on me.

    Have you ever seen a person so desperate to win over the affection of another that they sacrifice their own dignity only to fail at the task at hand?

    I haven't done this myself, but I have seen others do it.

    What would you have done differently in the situation?

    LadyNay summed that up.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @that dude...At least you are able to recognize and admit to your weaknesses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home