LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, August 07, 2006

I Feel Good...

I had so much fun hanging with my dad this weekend. I spent Friday and Saturday night at their house. He and I got up Saturday morning and went to breakfast, like we used to when I was younger. We laughed and talked about old times...I forgot how much fun the old man can be. Then we got up Sunday morning and went to church. Service was great. It had me feeling happy all day long. My friends all came over to my parents house after church on Sunday, until it was time for us to go to the Circus. I think my friends had more fun at the Circus than my daughter. They are a mess.

My dad is so funny. He has been around most of my friends since we were kids and the others since high school, so he knows them all very well. He was cracking jokes on everyone in the room. He doesn't bite his tongue either. He says exactly what's on his mind, but everyone knows it's all in fun, so they don't take him seriously. He is not cruel with his comedy. He says things that are actually funny, not mean...He reminded us of all the things we got into when we were young. He had us laughing so hard we were almost late for the show.


After the Circus, I enjoyed the rest of my quiet evening with my little family. I missed them so much this weekend. My daughter has been gone with her dad, and I had been away from my Boo since Friday, so after my daughter was asleep, we had to get reacquainted...I could tell that he really missed me. He lit the candles and put on some old school R&B. I heard some songs that I hadn't heard in a while. We danced for a while, and sang along to the music. These are the moments that I have come to cherish. The times when we are alone. When we can just be ourselves and have a good time.

The man is too good for words....I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but, my man can sing, write music, and play the piano. His brothers can sing too. One plays the guitar. One plays the drums. They had their own little family band thing going on when they were younger. I saw tapes of them performing at church. They never wanted to take it any further, but they have the talent. As they got older, they all lost interest in performing. Until now...He told me that he had been working on something special. They wrote our wedding song. I heard it for the first time last night. It was his first wedding gift to me. I was crying so hard. I listened to it three times...I've decided that I'm not going to let anyone else hear it until after our big day. He and his brothers are so talented.

I am listening to it right now, and I have to turn it off before I cry myself into a frenzy.

What song(s) can you hear old or new, and it stops you in your tracks? You feel like you have to stop...you have to sing along...and you can remember exactly what you were doing the first time you heard it?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    That's hot that you have your own unique wedding song.

    What song(s) can you hear old or new, and it stops you in your tracks? You feel like you have to stop...you have to sing along...and you can remember exactly what you were doing the first time you heard it?

    Anita Baker - Angel
    If this world were mine - Luther
    Say yes - Floetry
    Love song - Missez?
    Fortunate - Maxwell
    Yesterday - Mary Mary
    God's Grace - Trinity 57

    this slow song list could go on forever so I'll stop here! LOL

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I'm hooked on this song already...

    Loved the list...now you're gonna have me pulling out more old CDs!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Dang girl...this guy is truly a good catch! He got any younger brothers or cousins around 23 or 24? LOL

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    no.. u never mentioned he can sing! that's what's up... it's nice that he wrote ya'll song...

    cant think of any songs right now.. too tired to think!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    He had to reach deep into his bag of tricks to tie me down...

    Yes sir...I'm going to have to post about the brothers sometime soon. They are a handful...

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I bet you are tired. I can't believe I hadn't said anything...I talk about him so much.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    WOW!! What a wedding gift. Girl you are blessed beyond measure.

    I love Ribbon in the Sky and From this moment by Shania Twain (yea I said it LOL)

    I sing along to everything so it was hard to just put down two

    After the wedding you need to put it up here so we can hear it LOL...better copywrite it though...you know how people can be (we'll let it be yours alone till after the wedding lol)

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...I was thinking about that...But I don't want to hear our song on the radio a few months later...I'll see what I can do...

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I agree that is some wedding gift!

    As for the songs, there are songs. I cant think of any off the top of my head but when I hear one of them I travel down memory lane ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home