LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Wedding Is Off!

That's what I called to tell everyone yesterday. Not because my man and I broke up...but because our families and friends are driving us crazy with all the details...The cake, the dresses, the colors, the guest list, the reception, the planner( she is excellent, but VERY expensive)...Everyone has some type of input. Add that to a stressed out bride-to-be and you have the queen b*** on your hands. What started out as a small, intimate ceremony, has turned into a disaster. They all want to go. How did they all find out?

This wedding is getting to me. This is supposed to be our day. I am supposed to be happy. My man finally said last night. "I have had enough. I want you to be my wife but I don't want a wedding. If you want it, then I'll go through with it, but I really don't want it!" It was like music to my ears. Just like that, I dropped it all...I called to let them all know. One by one, I dialed..I simply said, "The wedding is off ." No explanation. No reasoning... We took control of our day. (We did let our parents and siblings know our intentions. My parents were cool with it. So was his dad, but his mom was furious. She was really starting to get carried away with the whole thing. Oh well!)

So now my man and I have chosen an undisclosed location to get married. We are going to buy tickets for our parents, siblings, Softspoken and my man's best friend and that's it! The tickets will be given to them the day before we leave...End of story!


I feel so much better. With that off my plate, I have more time for me!

Have you ever made a quick decision that turned out to be the best thing for you?

Whether it involves, love, work, finances, or simply your well being, you have to take charge of the things going on in your life!

16 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    yes....whe I moved to Atlanta...and it was the best thing for me in the end....I talk about it here:

    http://www.mznewagenda.blog-city.com/decision_that_changed_my_life.htm

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Girl...you made my heart stop when I read the title!

    I haven't made a decision like that...yet. I feel one coming though.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Yes I have made a split second choice for the better before.

    I like that your doing the undercover thing. Before I finished reading my comment was for you two to elope but that idea is cool too :-D

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznew...I'll have to check that out...

    @shug...If the relationship was over, I wouldn't be blogging for a while...

    @ladynay...We thought of that, but my mom really wants to be there, so I only thought it was fair to invite his too(ugh)!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    good for you!! but when i read the title, i was like OMG! what happened in a day?!? LOL. Still make sure you get lots of pictures so that you can post them... i dont want to hear about that privacy thing anymore :-)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Its your day, do it how ever you want!



    Oh and about the title....A little warning next time *whew*

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...We will see...

    @msnhim...I knew it would throw you guys off...Just like it did when I said it to all my relatives and friends...

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    "Luvin Me you got some splaining to do!" That's what I hear the mass of uninvited people demanding from you. It's your wedding, do it how you want to.

    I thought you were planning to have the wedding kind of low-key anyway. When did it become all stressful with wedding planners and the like?

    I've made a rash decision or two in the past. Nothing as major as yours though.

    Nice attention grabbing title by the way. :o)

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...It was my man's mother. She is a social butterfly and just had to take it upon herself to start doing her thing! She has such a big mouth. The planner just showed up at my house(it was gift from her that got out of control) Once again we had to shut her down!

    She's not getting her ticket until it's time to board the plane!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    I have been reading your blog for awhile now, and I must say I was thrown when I first read this posts title. I am glad that you decided to do whats cool for you and your fam, by taking that day back, and doing what u want to do. I pray that your day is all you want it to be.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    For a moment I thought was cold feet.Good on you for taking control

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger That Dude Right There said…

    Now see, you have given half of bloggerville heart attacks and strokes with that title.

    Similar to mznewagenda, I feel like the decision to move BACK to Atlanta was one of my best.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @deep thought...Thank you.

    @abeni...I'm ready!

    @that dude...Just trying to wake you guys up a little...It's good that you made a good decision for yourself...

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ 30...I'm glad I figured it out!

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said…

    PICTURES.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @trent...my wedding might be the thing to force me to post pics on my spot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home