LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Something Is Wrong...

I was sitting at my desk, waiting patiently to talk to him...It was mid afternoon and I hadn't heard one word from him all day... I mean, I talk to him so much( and I hate the phone) that it seems abnormal that I haven't had one conversation with him since he left for work that morning....So I called his office. He were in a meeting. But his secretary didn't answer the phone...I didn't know the voice on the other end...and I don't like not knowing anything...

A few more hours passed and by now I was starting to get a little worried. Where is he? Why is there this strange voice answering my calls? Why is his secretary not answering her phone either? I called his cell phone...the voicemail picked up on the first ring...Hmmm.

So I got in my car and made a trip to his office. At this point, I didn't know what to feel. Worried that I couldn't find him...Upset because he were not returning my calls...Curious as to why he and his secretary were MIA ( I think I've watched too many movies)...I guess I felt nothing and everything at the same time..

His car was parked in it's regular spot, and everything looked normal. So I walked into the building. When I reached his floor, I saw a few of his colleges that have attended our parties. They greeted me with a smile. They seem normal, but why was I in a silent rage when I got to your office and there was no one in your secretary's chair? My heart was in my stomach when I walked in your office door. I was expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. No one was there...But where were you? Both of you...

I walked back out of the office and noticed a desk next to your secretary's that I had never really paid attention to. I guess I had no reason to. The lady smiled and said, "May I help you?" It was the voice from the phone call earlier . I asked if she had seen you and she said that you had been gone for several hours. You and your team had left for an early morning meeting and never returned, so she was a little worried herself.

I sat there for a moment, not knowing what my next move should be. As I turned to walk out, he came down the hall, drenched in sweat. He had an angry look on his face. His shirt was wrinkled. His tie was crooked and he looked like he he had a hard time. She looked even worse . She was sweaty, her outfit was wrinkled, she had her heels in her hand, and her hair needed some major help. There were two other people walking with you. They looked just as bad. I didn't know what to think.

I guess the look on my face said it all. The anger in his face subsided as soon as he got close to me. Even his sweat smells sweet...A smile crept across his face and he said, "Baby, you came looking for me?" I was not smiling. He could tell that I was not in the mood for play. I had to chuckle a little because they were all relieved that I was there. They said that you had talked about me non stop all day... (Several questions came to mind after that comment...Why were they all so sweaty? Why was he sitting around talking about me all day, but no answering my calls? What was going on?)

So he just kept it moving into his office. His secretary and I, along with the other two people followed. He said, " Baby, we have been trapped in the elevator for the last 7 hours." ( No wonder I couldn't get him on his cell phone. The service always cuts off when he gets on the elevator.) We were suspended between the 19th and 20th floors. One of the cables had broken, so they were afraid to come in through the emergency doors on top, in fear that the elevator might plunge quickly if any pressure or weight was added. The power went out in the elevator, but they managed to get the emergency door on the top opened, so that we would at least be able to breathe.. The front elevator doors would not open. There were people talking to us from both the 19th and 20th floors. Trying to keep us calm and as still as possible. We had to wait until they brought in a device that would allow the elevator to be lowered slowly. So 7 extremely hot hours later, here we are." They all looked exhausted. When his boss heard what happened, he gave them all the next four days off, so they don't have to return to work until Wednesday of next week. He closed out everything in his office, picked up his laptop bag, and we all walked out of his office door.

We hit the shower as soon as we got home. Separate showers. The outside heat was just too much for me, and I needed a moment to myself. Just that quick I thought that he had sacrificed everything...It's not that I don't trust him, because I do. I just had a gut feeling that something was wrong, so I acted on it, and I was right. Something was wrong, but as usual, he was right.

After we were both comfortable on the couch, we talked for a while. I realized, the more experiences that I go through with this man, the more he proves that he is worthy of me. He said he knew that I would be worried and the whole time he was trapped he was thinking about me. When he saw me standing there he was relieved. He realized that I was worried about him just as much...

I made another discovery today... I am jealous to a certain extent. I mean, I don't go looking for trouble, but I refuse to let anyone walk all over me...

Have you ever had a gut feeling about something and had to act on it whether good or bad?

15 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Now you know how he felt when you disappeared last week...glad everything worked out.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznew...I guess I can't handle it when the shoe is on the other foot...

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    AWWWWW man that is just what I was about to bring up! LOL

    I am glad the elevator didn't plunge that high up!

    I trust my gut most of the time, the only time I don't is when I am not trying to listen to what I know is right.....

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    yes ma'am i have.. and as you.. was right something was wrong.. but wrong what i was thinkin...

    i understand completely what you were going through.. and it's not that you dont trust him.. it's just that you're not stupid.. anything is possible.. you know that, which is why you thought the worse..

    glad he's ok though!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I see ya tryna knock a sista when she's down.
    The wierdest things happen to me...

    @ttd...Well...if there wan't anything wrong with him, there would have been when I got there...

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    See nah I wouldn't do that, it's just she stole my comment! LOL

    Just remember that feeling when you make the choice to go missing from folk for long stints of time! *wink*

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Damn, I'm late to the party with the now you know how he felt comment. :o(

    Seven hours trapped in an elevator with a snapped cable? I don't even want to imagine that. I'm not much of a drinker but since the boss gave some time off I'd ask him to throw in a bottle of something strong too.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    Yup and that lead me to find out about what happened that fateful nite.....My grandmother told me I get those things..womens intuition and more oftne than not I am RIGHT...

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I guess you're right...

    @freaky...I don't know if I would have beleieved his story if I hadn't gone up there. I would have been like, "Come on, and elevator cable?" He was so dramatic with story...he made it seem like they were dangling or something.

    He does work in an old building though...

    @negropina...It's good to know what's going on...

    @southern gal...I'm glad I did go see what was up...

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I always listen to my gut, I to this day I have yet to be wrong.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...That seems to be the best choice...

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    Nice story, Luvin me.. You made me smile!

    I keep telling u, if u got a good man u better keep him.

    You guys sound soo sweet... making me jealous but also hopefully.

    The funny thing is u sensed something was wrong and it was ur man was in danger girl...lol..

    I trust my gut majority of the time and it's normally right.. we all have to learn to listen to our bodies..and our gut is the center.. and nothing wrong with being jealous.. love gives us many possibilities and one of those is the ability to be vunerable.. and i look at it like this, if u ain't give a damn he was stuck in the elevator it would be something else.. but u actually cared and u were considered.. thats humanity right there and connection.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @30...Yes I was...

    @emotionalbrotha...I love him so much it's scary sometimes...

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said…

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'M GLAD HE'S OKAY.
    YOU HAVE MONICA'S CD, AFTER THE STORM?
    "THAT'S MY MAN" THAT TRACK IS ALL YOURS BOO!

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    I don't have it yet, but you know I have to go get it now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home