LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, July 17, 2006

My Life Is a Blessing...

As I look at my life, I realize that I am blessed. I make decent money( but I don't have all of my eggs in one basket. My job is just what it is, a job, but it is NOT my livelihood. It could be gone in a moment, so I don't base my life on it...). I have been blessed with nice things, a healthy happy child, a good man, and a family who loves me to death. Should I feel bad about what I've accomplished or what I have...No, not at all. I just count everyday as a blessing.

It took a lot to get to where I am today...hard work, long hours, and plenty of sacrifices, but it has all paid off. Now this won't be a religious post by far, but my religion is a part of me... There was a point in my life where I hit rock bottom. I had nothing but a few dollars and a child to try to take care of. I felt sorry for myself, but I had to look at myself and see what I was doing to be at that point in my life. I realized that even though I wasn't directly doing anything to hinder my growth, my whole mind set was jacked up. I saw how successful my parents were, and how successful my brother was...heck even all of my friends were doing better than me. It's like no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I had a long talk with my mother at that point. She told me one thing that helped me so much. She said, when God is pleased with your life, everything you touch will be blessed. I was reminded of this on yesterday while I was watching the newest Tyler Perry play. He made that statement in the movie, and it stayed on my mind the rest of the day. That along with a few comments from a fellow blogger inspired this post...

I had to figure out what I was doing that was not pleasing to God. It was hard for me to find. I thought I was doing everything right. But I wasn't. I was selling myself short. I accepted what life had thrown my way. I went to work, went to school, took care of my child, and waited on something to happen. It never did...I realized that as long as I was in the state of "getting by", I would never get ahead. God helps those who help themselves...As I have said before, I am blessed with a great family. My mother taught us how to invest at a young age. I know a lot of people say, I can't invest what I don't have. I can still remember. I took my first tax refund check(which most people get every year) and invested it. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was a lot to me. It was risky, and at first I thought I was throwing my money away. After a while I saw how the money grew, and I have been hooked since then. After that, I started saving small amounts and turning them into larger amounts. Instead of buying CD's and clothes, I was well on my way to buying my future. Eveytime a new cd or movie would come out, or a saw an outfit that I wanted, to took the money that I was going to spend on it, and put it back.

My mother laid the foundation, but I had to do all the work...to get my car...my house...all my things. She and my father only helped me after the fact. They didn't give me money though. They let me join their investment group (only because of my net worth at the time, not because I was their child). I was now an asset to them...

I don't regret any of the decisions I have made in my life. I just live everyday to the fullest because this is the only life that I'm going to get. It is up to me to mold my own destiny. How my life is now, is a result of how I have chosen to MAKE my life. I love me and the people in my circle. Even though I have to take the good with the bad, they have helped me through a lot of hard times. That's why today I have no problem giving to others that need help. I was where they are not too long ago. All I can do is thank God...I have come a long way, and I have a long way to go.

This post was written in no way to boast about what I have accomplished or to belittle anyone else...it's just my personal testimony...

How have you been blessed in your life?

10 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    beautiful post!

    yes, i've been blessed. i have a wonderful brother, mom, and dad, who love and support me unconditionally. everything else is just gravy.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @nikki...That is wonderful!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    It's wonderful that you take your blessings in perspective! Some people don't realize that all they have could be taken away in mere seconds!

    I am blessed to have a crazy family that loves me, a healthy child, and a job that keeps the rent paid.

    I am not where I would like to be, but God has this way of teaching us patience, so I got to wait for my turn like everyone else had to wait.

    I hope my post the other day didn't inspire this, it was just an honest expression of my feelings.

    From what you've posted from day one, you deserve what you have :-)You've earned what you have. Some folks (like the Hilton sisters) didn't do anything to have a nice financial blessing, they simply was born into it! Ugh!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Ladynay...Actually, it did. Seeing what you have from someone else perspective is cool, but I know what I had to go through to get where I am. I was not upset by it at all, I was rather inspired and I felt a sense of accomplishment...It was an eye opener for me...

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I'm soo blessed to have parents who didn't birth me but love me just the same....because I was given to them from God....I'm blessed to have a job when so many people my age are still trying to decide what to do with themselves...so yes I am....

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...Many people don't realize it, but we are all blessed...I'm glad you know.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @just me...Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad that you got something out of it!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I hit rock bottom in 1998. I was far away from home and didn't have a friend to my name (after some drama) at school, and on top of all that, I had just lost my scholarship. I had a long conversation with my mother one night at 3 in the moring. I wanted to come home in the worst way, but she wasn't having it. She challenged me and that was the best thing to ever happen to me. After one more dramatic even, I got my life together. Reestablished my relationship with God, and the rest was history. Now, I am a college graduate who is fortunate enough to work for a Fortune 1000 company. I have a strong support system and aspirations to return to school in January so that I can be better prepared for a career as opposed to a job. I am blessed in more ways than I even know.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Am blessed to have the love and support of family

    Blessed by knowing there is one particular family member who no matter how much I mess up loves me still

    Blessed with reasonably good health

    Most of all despite all the mistakes I 've been given a second chance to make my life better.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @organized noise...What apowerful story...

    @abeni...amen to second chances...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home