LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Untitled....

Yesterday was hectic for me. I stopped by a couple of blogs but for the most part, I was preparing for my trip. I need this vacation. I have planned a lot of things with my friends, but I also planned some alone time with my man...No friends, no drama...Just us.

My daughter's father is really taking this whole marriage thing to another level. I thought he was at peace with my decision to marry another man, but he's not. He called me on Wednesday night while I was home alone. My man had gone to a movie with his mother. I really just wanted some quiet time to myself so I opted to stay home. We talked for a while...about me daughter...how much she was growing and how she is changing. We are friends for the most part. Even when we were both single, we kept it on that level. No sex whatsoever. I thought about it a couple of times, but I never acted on it. I didn't want to revisit the past. I had to remember that he was my ex for a reason...Now that I have my man in my life, the thought doesn't even cross my mind. He came into my life and loved me in a way that no man ever has. True happiness is the cure to promiscuity....and notice that I said TRUE happiness. Happiness at this level was hard for me to attain, but now that I have it, I want to keep it that way.

The more we talked, the more he revealed his true feelings to me. He is so hurt by the whole thing. But why now? Why couldn't he love me the right way at the right time? Why is he doing this to me when I know exactly where my heart is?

A few months ago, I would have been happy that he still cared. I would have been happy because he had finally come to be the man that I wanted him to be all those years. Well...Too much...Too late. I felt bad for him, but the whole situation just helped me to realize just how much I love my man. He and I are on another level. He got it right the FIRST time around...

On another note...

We have been shopping for new furniture for one of my guest bedrooms. That room holds so many memories. It's where they all stay...The friends who needed a helping hand...The young girls/guys with nowhere the go...The party go-ers that were too drunk to drive home...The women who were afraid to go home to their abusive husbands..The friends that were cheating on their mates and who needed an alibi...The friends who were cheated on and just needed to get away...They have all come through that room.

I have learned something from this whole experience. My man and I have different tastes in furniture and style. He is mod and sleek...I am warm, yet contemporary. The furniture that he picks out is for show ONLY. He even wanted to put a large TV in the room. It looks very nice, but is not practical for this particular room. As you can see, this room is well "lived in" and needs nice, yet comfortable furniture. This is not working out at all. He finally gave up (whew, and I'm so glad he did) and I have called in the queer guys with those stylish eyes. I know this is going to be fab when they get finished with it. The room is spacious, but I don't like clutter. I don't like putting a lot of furniture in a room. When it comes to furniture for me, less is more. I am more concerned with the details of the room. Colors, lighting, paintings, rugs, curtains, candles, etc...you know, the things that give the room that special something.

Since he has compromised for me so many times, I am saving for a little project that I have planned for him. After we are married, I am going to add a room to my house and give him a media room. He can decorate it as he pleases...I feel that everyone needs their own space to retreat to in a house. I have mine...My daughter has hers...Now he'll have his.

The questions are kind of mixed up today...A direct reflection of my brain today...

I know I have asked this question before but, why do your ex's always come back at the most inconvenient times?

Why do they feel when they come back, you can just pick up where you left off?

What is your style? Do you pay attention to small details, or do you like a lot of furniture in your space?

8 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I know I have asked this question before but, why do your ex's always come back at the most inconvenient times?
    Cuz you never know what you had till it's gone and your REALLY see it when the ex is with someone else and loving it!

    Why do they feel when they come back, you can just pick up where you left off?
    Wishful thinking....

    What is your style? Do you pay attention to small details, or do you like a lot of furniture in your space?
    Like you, I like space! Lots of furniture looks junky and makes the room seem smaller than it is...

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    1.why do your ex's always come back at the most inconvenient times?

    Cause they realize they lost a good thing

    Why do they feel when they come back, you can just pick up where you left off?

    Who Knows?

    What is your style?

    Im very simple. I like things that are functional and pretty

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i dont like a lot of furniture.. takes up too much space.. im like you.. the small things are what makes a room

    ex's... who knows! ex-boyfriends are really crazy!! if i were to ever contact an ex (which i wouldnt) it wouldnt be to try to get w/ them.. but just to see how they were doing! men think just cause they call u out the blue, ya'll can hook up & get back together... not at all!!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    ok baby, been gone for awhile so I need to get caught up with your blog, so give me a day to read the last few weeks. Hope you are doing well!!! Ya boy, Tee~

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    Why ex’s always come back and the most inconvenient time is a VERY good question. I don’t know if it’s a test or if it’s that they can’t stand to see you happy with someone else or what.

    Have a good weekend!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger 4EverJennayNay said…

    Because you never miss your water til your well runs dry. I have an ex who has a girl, but swears that I should move to Tx and get with him... Not finnah happen, so he says we should sleep together one last time. Umm... no. I can't lie it was good, but I would feel incredibly cheap. He asked that before my Boo came along. And now that Boo is here, definate no. I must admit that I still care for him and do think of him every once in a while, but we really shouldn't be any more than friends.

    In this particular instance I think he feels like we should pick up because he really realizes how much he screwed things up.

    As far as my style goes - Dignity in Simplicity. I like neat, clean lines. Warm colors for the fall & winter months. Spring and summer means lighter shades of purple, green and blue.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    I don't like a lot of clutter either...

    Thanks for this post about ex's. This was great. This was just what I needed to stand firm on something I already know I should be doing anyway...

    They are an ex, for a reason...

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Wishful thinking indeed.

    @msnhim...I guess it true what they say...You don't miss a good thing 'til it's gone.

    @ttd...it's crazy for them to think the we are still in the same place that we were in when we left off.

    @Terrance...It's about time! I was starting to think that you and your crew would never stop traveling.

    @Nic...Ex's seem to do the strangest things.

    @jennay...Interesting sense of style.

    @g...I'm glad I (blog) know you too!

    @sangroncito...Actually I'm on vacation now, but I'll post about it.

    @Nsane...so true!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home