LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's Always Something...

It's crazy how people flock to negativity like flies to s***, but when you try to drop something positive, your words fall onto deaf ears.

I haven't been hanging with my friends as much because they can be mentally draining. I must say that I miss them. It's crazy how I wished to be left alone, but when I don't see them, I feel like I'm missing something.

All the guys and gals were in rare form last night. We had a ball. Everyone had a date. Diva was in good spirits, and I was so happy for him. But you know that in the midst of all the happiness, there was drama.

My friend Green Eyes is jealous of my friend Ambitious...Plain and simple. Ambitious is an innovator...He goes after what he wants and makes it happen. Green Eyes does not possess that quality. He waits for things to happen and doesn't like to take chances. For that, he usually misses out on things. Ambitious owns a restaurant/bar/club, and I am a silent partner. All of my friends are aware of this fact. Green Eyes has been jealous of this fact since day one. If any of my friends were to come to me with a legitimate business proposition, and I felt it would work, I would invest in a heartbeat. I never sit and wait for things to happen. Right now, I work for my money, but I want to be at a point to where my money works for me. I am well on my way. My mother does a great job handling our family's finances, but I wanted to take a few chances of my own.

Out of the blue, Green Eyes says, "I have an idea that I would like to talk to you about. " I tell him, okay, and to come by my house later this week. He insists on telling me in front of everyone. He says, "I want to open a store and I need a little help."We all knew that he meant money. I won't go into detail too much, but lets just say, the idea did NOT get my attention. I told him that I would get back to him later. I was out for fun, not business, but he would not let it go. My Boo HATES the fact that my friends come to me for everything. He has commented on it on several occasions, but I never reply because while I am single, what I do with My money is My business!

Green Eyes has always felt that I had a thing for Ambitious. I have never seen Ambitious in that way. I actually met him when we were a lot younger. His girlfriend had just broken up with him, and he was looking pitiful. Puppy love is a mutha! I was going through a rough patch too. One of my good friends was moving out of the country, and I knew I would never see her again. We were sitting there, both in our own worlds. I had my head in my hands and he was pacing. Then he came over to me and asked if I was okay. He was one of the most beautiful creations of the human species. Even in our awkward pre-teen days, he was still fine, with a perfect smile( I later found out that his dad was a dentist) and eyes that seemed to see right through me. I normally don't like to talk to people, but it was like we had an instant connection. Nothing physical, but it was like we were meant to be friends. We talked for hours and found out that we had a lot in common. I have been his friend since that day.

I have been knowing Green Eyes all my life, and I know exactly how he is. He is very successful, but it's never enough. He always wants what others have. Our parents have been friends all our lives. His parents are my godparents and visa versa. He has always been jealous of the fact that he is not my only good male friend. Now he has no problem with my gay male friends, just my straight friend Ambitious. Ambitious is a true friend to me, and that's all. We are quite a bunch. I guess good looking people travel in packs...LOL!

But, Green Eyes had to take it there...He said, "If I was Ambitious, you would have dropped the money on the table in a heartbeat. You give him anything he wants...Always have." At that point All Eyes Were on ME....

It pissed me off to no end, and they all knew it. No one said anything else about it at that point, but I could feel by Boo's eyes burning a hole in the side of my face, waiting for an explanation. I told him we would talk later...He was quiet for the rest of the evening, and I was READY TO GO!

As soon as we got in the car, the questions began. "How long have you and Ambitious been friends? How did you meet? Did you ever date? Have you been giving him money, and for what? Am I missing something here? Can you fill me in so I won't look like an a** next time?"

I didn't think I could get more upset at that point, but this pissed me off even more. I DO NOT like to be questioned! I told him the whole story...He was a little more at ease, but he wanted to know how I left out the fact that I had given Ambitious half the money to start his business.

I said, " I gave him my money because he is my friend. This happened before you and I were an item, and I didn't feel the need to fill you in on all of my finances."

That made him get even more upset. He said, "Does the fact that you are going to someday be my wife count for anything? Now I am kinda glad that you wanted to wait. It seems like we have a lot to learn about each other....and are you two still going to be this close after we are married?'

I don't know why, but that hurt so bad. I know that I had been feeling this way, but for him to actually say what I had been thinking really got to me. I think it's just the fact that he may doubt me. By the time we finally got to the house, I was balling like someone had died. He hugged me tight, but we both knew that we had a long road ahead of us.

I let him know, Ambitious will always be my friend. If we are married, and he needs me for something, I will let you know what's going on for informative purposes, but I will not ask for your opinion. My heart belongs to you, but I love him in a different way. I can tell that he is going to have a very hard time dealing with how close we are, but if he and I are going to be together, he'll have to accept it.

Now as for Green Eyes. He called me twice by the time I got home. He apologized for his actions, and of course blamed it on the liquor. People say what the mean when they're drunk. I told him that it was okay, but I will be feeding him out of a long handled spoon for a while.

That whole scene sparked a reaction in my friends. They were all calling, asking if I was okay, and to make sure that they knew the truth about the relationship shared between Ambitious. Ambitious sent me a text message before I went to bed...I hope you are okay. I'll call you in the morning so we can talk.

He called EARLY this morning. My Boo was meeting his bestfriend at the gym at 5:00 a.m., so it was cool, even though I had no intention on waking up that early. He asked the obvious questions...What did he say? Is he upset? Did you let him know the deal? I hope this doesn't change us?

I assured him that nothing could change us. I love my Boo, but a true friend is VERY hard to find. I would never want to be put in a situation where I had to choose between the two.
So much for missing me friends...

Have you even been put into a situation crazy situation?

Why do people love gossip?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Have you even been put into a situation crazy situation?

    Sure! It was kinda like your situation with your man, except I was your man and my significant other at the time WAS having sex with his female friend. He kept telling me she was a sister to him....HMPH! By time the truth came to light, which it always does, a sista had to readjust some things....

    Why do people love gossip?
    To be in the know....

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    damn thats messed up.. people do say what they mean when they're drunk.. so that's no excuse..

    your man will have to accept ur friends, just as you do his.. and ultimately... your friends should become his & vise versa.. everything should work out...

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I hate to be in the middle of things...

    @ttd...I hope so.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Just like "many a truth is spoken in jest" - "many a truth is spoken while drunk." Sounds like Green Eyes may need a little time out for his inappropriate behavior...LOL!

    Although I am not saying that how your Boo reacted was correct, I do understand how it feels to learn something brand new about the person you love the most...makes you feel like you really don't know them...especially when it happens in front of other people.

    But you handled it well by letting him know the deal and how it came to be.

    As for Ambitious, I defenitely believe in preserving true friendships - be it with a male or a female. As long as you keep the lines of communication open with your Boo and make sure to always put him first...it should all work out fine.

    AND...people like to gossip cause they don't have lives of their own and don't have s**t else to do! Just pathetic!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger divine oasis said…

    of course, i've been in crazy situations. this is what life is all about. as long as you reside on the square of truth, all will be right and exact.

    sounds like you have a compassionate man and a great friend. count your blessings.

    peace love and balance!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    Yeah i have been in a crazy situation before. i don't have many true friends but they are a mixture like yours...gay, str8, male, female etc...my str8 male friends do not like my best fried Ty. and they swear i give him preferential treatment and am a different person when he's around. one day they totally called me on it. it was settled that night ( i went forth and set the record super str8) but it's crazy how folks true feelings come out in certain situations.

    also i have had dates be jealous of friends (damn why does myshawn have to be so sexy lol)

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @g...I'll stop by soon.

    @Omar...Friends are something else...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home