LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Random Ranting...

In the midst of all my drama, I am able to find peace. My Boo, even with his little faults, is a wonderful man. He regretted the way that he had allowed the Tucker situation to affect us, so he made up for it!

Yesterday, we went to the lake after my daughter got out of school. As you all know, I am not a big fan of "the woods", but this place was really nice. There is a park there for the kids, picnic tables, and a bike trail, which we all took advantage of. Normally, this would be a nice weekend trip for us, I but it is supposed to rain all weekend, and my daughter will be with her dad, so I plan to be hugged up somewhere with my Boo...

He did all the cooking...It's sad to say, but I love to be right. I don't argue, I just sit and listen. Or should I say, I give the other person the illusion that I am actually listening to them. Normally, the other person will talk themselves into trouble. The best thing about getting into an argument, is making up afterwards...I won't go into details, but lets just say...I had a very good evening. ( No friends...No drama...but the week is just getting started.)

Just a few things in my head today...

-If you don't want to hear what I have to say, don't ask me for my opinion.

-If you don't like my hair, or what I'm wearing, please don't tell me, because I don't like yours either, I was just being nice. Obviously , I like it because I have it on!

-If you call me and leave me a message to call you back...Just wait until I call you. Don't keep calling me. I got your message, I just DON'T want to talk to you...

-Do not call my house and say, "Who is this?" when I answer the phone. You called me!

-Don't put on an outfit that looks ridiculous and then ask me, "How do I look?" You know how you looked when you left the house. Don't get mad at me when I tell you the truth.

-Don't ask me if I think you're getting fat. My opinion of getting fat is different from yours. Use your better judgment. If you have a problem fitting the jeans that you wore just last month, it might be time to push away from the table.

-When you call my house to borrow money. Don't beat around the bush with the small talk. Just tell me how much you want and get off my phone.

- If you have no job, don't ask me to borrow money, ask me if you can HAVE it. You can't pay me back. It's okay. If I want you to have it, I'll give it to you regardless.

- If you borrow money from me and the time comes to pay me back, don't keep calling me to tell me all the reasons why you CAN'T pay me. Just call me when you have the money.

-Don't ask me "Is everything is okay"" when you see me dragging my kid out of the store by the collar and she has tears running down her face? I'm fine!

-Don't get mad when I make your kids sit down when they come to my house. Just because you let them tear your s*** up doesn't mean I am going to let them do the same thing to mine.

-Don't get mad when you bring your destructive kids to my house and hide all my daughter's toys before they come. I actually want her to have them after your kids leave.

-Don't tell me, "You think you're all that!" No YOU think I'm all that...Thank you for noticing...

-Don't ask me how much something costs if you have no intention on spending the money to buy it. You are wasting my breath and your time.

-Don't spend your bill money shopping, and then call me for money. Don't expect me to always be there. I try to be there as much as I can...But don't expect me to always bail you out of situations. The day that you really need me, will be the day I'll say no.

- If I am not talking, there is nothing wrong with me. I just don't feel like talking.

- If you are calling me to complain about your man, and you know he is doing you wrong, just hang up the phone before I answer. I will not be upset because you hung up the phone. I am just going to tell you what I think about him and you will just get upset. Save us both the time and stress.

-If you have something bad to say about one of my close friends and you don't want them to know, DON"T TELL ME. I am going to tell them, and then TELL YOU that I told them. End of story.

- If you know me, and you see me, just say hello. It is not necessary to start a conversation with me every time you see me. When I am in the line at the pharmacy and I have a sick child standing beside me, I don't give a d*** about a sale at Saks!

-Please don't ask me, "Where did you get that shirt, or those pants, or those shoes, etc?" I am not going to tell you. I DO NOT want you to have on the same thing. I will conveniently forget every time...

- If you ask me where I am going and I don't invite you to go...Just leave it alone. Don't ask if it is okay if you tag along. If I wanted you to go with me, I would ask.

- Don't call me and ask me how my Boo and I are doing, and then start trying to find things wrong in my relationship. I can think for myself. If my Boo wanted to know how you would act in a situation, he would be in a relationship with you, not me. Worry about you!

-Don't try to hook me up with your brothers, cousins, homeboys, etc...If they are 30, jobless, have no car, have 3 different baby-mammas...and have no intention on doing anything about it...There is a reason why they are still single...Don't get mad at me when I say no thanks. It has nothing to do with you and me.

-Don't have a big wedding after you have lived with a man for 10 years and the two of you already have 3 kids. It's a waste.

-If you see that my daughter is not at home, It is a sign...Don't ask me to keep your kids. The answer is NO.

- If you have a man in your life that doesn't like your kids, MOVE ON. He is SO not worth it. Never choose a man over your child.

What gets on your nerves?

20 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    wow...that's quite a list.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I am trying not to read blogs at work *do you know how HARD this is, but I gotta comment!

    What gets on my nerves?

    When slim folk call themselves fat...

    When people call me at work and ask me what I am doing...

    When people ask me for money. I don't give the impression that I have money, and you know that I am living on my own, so why keep asking me, the answer will stay the same! Where's your rich baller boyfriend?

    When folk takes my kindness for weakness. I do what I can for folk, but don't think I don't know what the deal is. My eyes are open.

    Did I say when folk ask me for money often like I birthed them or like there is a personal ATM on my chest? LOL The nerve of some folk! They get a check just like I do! It's called BUDGETING!

    Ugh!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @spchrist...LOL...I guess I had a lot on my mind.

    @ladynay...And you said you were not blogging from work...LOL

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    I am loving your post! Everytime I think to comment on one, you put another good one up! I love them all!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said…

    I read you list like, "check, check...". You summed it all up...LOL!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @terrance...I just have a lot to say...Gotta get it all out!

    @dynasty...LOL

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Why are you not married as yet?

    26 years old and no kids?

    Who am I speaking to when you call a private number

    When people owe me money and then get amnesia

    Loud cell phone conversations in a cinema,church etc.

    knowitalls

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Why people want to rush others into marrige...I don't know

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said…

    No. Don't hold back. Really.

    I think I could check off everything on your last as my pet peeves as well.

    The other I'd just love to understand is why do people avoid you when they know they owe you money.... like they're afraid of you seeing them with some new K-Swiss when they only owed you $50.

    or...

    "Girl! That dress is slammin'! When you get that? Why ain't you tell me?"..... "Ummm why? So you can talk about my azz like you talk about so&so when she gets something nice or new? No thanks".

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @you told...That is so funny.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said…

    Oh! Anotha one that pisses me off...

    That heffa that is sizing you up for the amount she thinks she can get out of you.... "C'mon girl, you just got paid last week, I KNOW you got some money".

    I have ended many a frienships over some money. smh

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    damn girl.. BREATHE! lol.. sounds like you need a hug.. so ((HUGS))

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Great list.

    I hate when women say they're not gold diggers and the next thing out of their mouths is something totally shallow and materialistic.

    I hate when people asks you subjective questions and expect your answers to hold true for them. Like are you cute?

    I hate when people ask my mother or someone else if I can do something for them. They can't make me so quit dealing with the middleman and go to the source.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...LOL...I really do need that today...

    @freaky...I have had people to use a middleman to try to get something out of me. It never works...

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Girl...you don't take no tea for the fever, do you? I hear that.

    What gets on my nerves? When people know you are going through something and they cop an attitude when you don't return their calls to talk about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...are you serious?

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @dee...The infamous relationship experts...LOL

    @my reason...I feel so much better now!

    @darbs...It's no secret how I feel about the phone...

    @serenity...Glad you liked it...Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    YOur lists be the TRUTH though!!!!!!!

    I def wouldn't MARRY somebody I have been with for over 5 yrs......

    I hate when ppl know when my pay day is..and assume cuz I dont have KIDS i have dough like that......cuz I don't

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    o my gosh i was BUGGIN OUT over this ...the list is dang near complete ...wow. i can't think of anything esle that gets on my nerves tho because I am SOOO hyped over>>

    -Don't tell me, "You think you're all that!" No YOU think I'm all that...Thank you for noticing...


    THAT IS FIERCE..I would know cuz i say it all the time! LMAO

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ms new...Your money is Your money...they shouldn't assume anything! LOL

    @omar...ROTF! You betta work it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home