LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dare To Be Different

What is normal? People are so quck to talk about others that they very seldomly take the time to look in the mirror and see themselves. That really drives me crazy. Who are we to look down on others. Now I know I am fabulous...but I don't feel that I am better than anyone else. I just love myself!

My friend has a serious problem with her self esteem. I won't go into detail because this post will be too long. Let's just say, I have figured out that a couple of cards are missing from the deck. I tried for so long to help her, but she is a grown a** woman, and at some point, she has to do it for herself. She is starting to self destruct. Between work, and her mental crisis, I am on the verge of tears. She cares so much about what people think of her...what they say. I could care less. People don't make me or break me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not made of stone, but I actually have to care about what a person has to say for their comments to get to me. I change for ME ( and my man IF and only IF I am doing something wrong)...I wear what I want...say what I want...and do as I please. I am not in a some ploy to rule the world...just MY world.

I wish she could get it through her head that not everyone will like you. If she understood that, things would be so much easier for her. She lives off the opinion of modern society....Her hair...style of dress...the way she eats...the way she talks...Are all a product of what she thinks other people will like, not what she likes. I don't even think she knows what she likes for herself.

It has to be sad to know know who you are or what you want.



What "irks" you?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    People who don't get the point after I layed it out in plain jane english. If I get loud then I'll be called being short and snippy! If yah just LISTEN to what I am saying, you will get it...I said JUMP not BARK! Ugh!

    It's hard to live up to societies standards because it always changes.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    When people take my quietness for weakness and my sarcasticness as bouginess....I mean dang is it that serious I could care less cause I'm gonna do me

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I only care what certain people say or think about me. I don't have much faith in society as a whole so I just try to treat people the way they deserve to be treated and live and let live.

    What irks me? Too much time and too little space, LOL.

    People who pull disappearing acts on me. People always tell me they're not going anywhere but what good is that when they're not there for me? Reminds me of what my mom always used to scream at my sister and I during the summer, "This is not a revolving door, stay in or stay out!"

    When someone asks me for advice and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. Then the person asks someone else or several other people who basically tells him/her the same exact thing and never acknowledges the fact that I gave the advice first or even says thank you.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    liars irk me.. especially when they lie for stupid stuff!

    i like to hear people's opinions.. but at the end of the day, how "i" feel is what matters most.. ur friend needs to learn that...

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    When I get treated like a child it is always annoying.sure,they mean well and all but I got to make my own mistakes

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Thats messed up for her. If you don't know yourself, can you really know anyone else?

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    You have taken this right out of a page from my book. I COMPLETELY understand EVERYTHING you are saying

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...That's true, we live in an ever changing society.

    @honey...Do you girl!

    @freaky...The crooked eyes of society get people every time. I hate for people to ask for my opinion, but they already have their miond made up about the topic, and they argue with me.

    @ttd...I hate liars too.

    @myreason...I feel you. Alot of people depend on me too.

    @abeni...I wish I could be "the child" for one day. People are too busy treating me like I'm their mother!

    @nsane...Exactly. I don't think she'd knows anything right now.

    @trina...I'm glad someone does. Obviously she doesn't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home