LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Morning After....

My friends and I had a great party! I have so much work to do, but I am exhausted! Yesterday, I saw the two men I care about face to face. I was really not ready for this moment yet, but it happened. My daughter's dad was running a little late yesterday. He was taking his favorite 'little' girl to the movies. Well, during the time that I was waiting for him, my current boyfriend came over. He said he came early to help me with any last minute details I might have for the party. My daughter does not know him. She came in, and being the diva that she is, she wasted no time introducing herself to him. They hit it off very well. They went into the front room and talked. In the mean time, my daughter's dad rings the doorbell. He walks into the front room and there is daughter is talking to my new beau. I cannot describe the look on his face. My daughter runs to him in her normal overly dramatic fashion. She then introduces him to her new 'friend'. They shake hands, and just stand and stare at each other for a moment, saying nothing, just looking. Both are very nice looking, tall, in shape...What are men thinking at this point?

My heart is pounding because I have never been in this situation. My daughter has never seen me around any other man (other than my friends) except her father, but she was cool with it, He Was Not! My daughter's dad walks to me and asks if he can talk to me alone for a moment. We step into my office. He stares at me with those hazel eyes, and for a moment saying nothing, and I can't breathe( he has always had that affect on me). He begins to rant and rave about my boyfriend being around his daughter! I am not one for drama, so I let him finish. He has had a girlfriend for 2 years, and she has been around my daughter all this time. I never said a word. As long as she is good to my kid, I am cool with it, but why the double standard? He then tells me that he forbids me to see this man or have him around my kid, so now I'm like WTF? Forbid? Is he jealous? Is this just a man thing? I let him know that this man will be in my life(which includes my daughter), and there is nothing that he can do about it. He turns and walks away with a looked of sadness mixed with rage. He walked into the front room where my daughter and boyfriend are, and put on a damn Oscar performace, smiling, telling my boyfriend that it was so nice to meet him, and acting like he is the world's greatest father( he's a good dad, but is all that necessary?).

After he leaves, I fill my boyfriend in on MOST of the details of our conversation, and now he is silent. From the look on his face, I couldn't figure out if he was mad or ready to walk away. (Oh, ye of little faith!) He turned to me and said, "I'll do whatever it takes to love you and that little girl." (and he and my kid just met!) I was alost in tears. I told him that it might be hectic for the next couple of months because my daughter's dad will stop at nothing to get what he wants. My boyfriend then said. "He's never dealt with me. As long as you are down for me, I'll have your back." Damn I love this man!

My friends came over and the party was wonderful. Everyone was behaving and we had a nice time! He made quite an impression on my cirlce....He's in!

As we are cleaning up after the party, I go into my office to turn off the light and noticed a letter on my desk. It was from my daugther's dad, but where did it come from. Had I been so shocked at how he was acting that I didn't notice? I begin to read the letter, and in the letter he is pouring his heart out to me. He is telling me how he wants to try to be a family for my daughter. This letter was written before the whole incident, but he still left it for me. I thought that he was over me, but i guess not. I thought many times in the past that we could work things out, but it never worked! But what about his girlfriend?

I put the letter away with mixed emotions and went back to my boyfriend. He looked at me and smiled. At that moment, all the doubt that I felt was gone. I knew that I had made the right decision and he was the right choice.

I went to bed, but got no sleep. He wore me out, over and over again! Where does he get the energy? We slept for about an hour, got up, took a shower, and he left for work. Now here I am in a zombie-like trance posting about my day. This is going to be a long day...

In the back of my mind, the little voice in my heard keeps saying...what if? I still can't help but think that things could work out for me and my daughter's dad. We were young and not ready for resposibilty when she came into the world. But could it be different now that we are older? I know I'm going to have to talk to my daughter's dad about this at some point, but not anytime soon. I have a lot of thinking to do. I guess I'll just leave this one to time.

Have any of you ever been in compromising situations? What did you do?

12 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Oh I dread the day my boyfriend *whomever he may be* and baby daddy meet! I don't know how I would act or what I would say...4 real!

    But I do know about those "what if" questions tho'. Every time I think about them, I think of all the reasons I left him to begin with...the the questions go away for awhile....

    I haven't been in a compromising situation like that that I can think of at the moment...

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    WOW...lots going on huh. I hate the what if moments. Cause you wonder if it could work and if you did take the time to see then it could blow up in your face then there are more what if's.....it's just crazy

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ ladynay...I hate the feeling. I know that my ex and I are no good for each other, but i still can't help but wonder.

    @Honey-libra...I'm just going to play it safe for now. My boyfriend and I are doing well for now. My ex will be around. If it is meant to be, it will be.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i have.. i had a dude (JN) was w/ from high school on.. he was my 1st love.. he got locked up & we were going to work it out.. i was going to "do me" until he came home, but only he would have my heart..

    in the midst of "doing me" i met GTL.. he was the sweetest man i've ever met & we really clicked. i had to decide b/w what i was comfortable with (JN) and what felt right (GTL) i had to do some serious thinking.. altough JN and I were together for a while, we had our problems.. i didnt have any problems with GTL.. so i followed my mind AND heart and decided to go out on a leap to see what GTL had in store for me and walk away from JN. i have NO regrets... GTL has been a breath of fresh air & the best thing that has happened to me

    i suggest that you stick it out w/ your new beau.. there had to be a reason other than age that you and your daughter's dad didn't work out.. dont take a step back into some drama.. move on w/ ur life and give the new guy a chance..

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @insanelysane...Oh my!

    @accomplice...thank you.

    @ttd...that is really good advice!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Well you already know what a relationship with your ex is like.... maybe you should give your current man a chance.

    Oh and the "what if's" will kill ya! Dont think about all that now just wait and see

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    damn...sounds like some drama....you played it off smooth though...(unlike my crazy azz back in the days)....well, you might need to pray about the situation....and ask to be lead, and i'm sure he (man upstairs) will not lead you in the wrong direction....ISSUES!!! good post

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said…

    My life is a compromising situation...I think that God tests me all the time because it's one situation where I feel pegged in the corner forcing to make a quick decision that could a significant impact that I may have not prepared myself for.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...Lucky you! My heart tells me to just let things be as they are.

    @msnhim...Yep, I know him like a book. I don't want to be reliving the past.

    @sarccastik...Prayer works every time!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @professorgq...Life has a way of doing things that we will never understand.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Can't think of any that dramatic.Anyway,I would stick with new beau.I won't really dwell on the what ifs but more look forward to this new chapter.I find sometimes we hold on to stuff that is not best for us and miss the good things

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I have never been in a situation like that, although I have had some close calls (smile).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home