LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Why Do Opinions Mean So Much To Us?

We can say that we don't care about what others think, but if we didn't, why do we listen to what they have to say, and even give it a second thought? Why is it that we as humans, feel the need to be validated?

We always want to know what others think or how they feel. Why do we dress a certain way? Because we like it or because we think others will think it looks nice? Why do we bite our tongues with the people we care about? Does it really help in the end?

We all claim to be independant, but for some reason there is still that underlying need to for approval from someone. Is it true? Does everyone NEED someone? Whether it be a mate, family member, friend...Why do we always make decisions with others in mind? Does this hold us back from the things that we really want in life? Would you change you mind to make someone else happy?

Before I make decisons, I think of how it may affect my family. I have a very close family, so they tend to stay in the loop with things that are going on in my life. So before I make a huge decision, I run it past them. I don't base my opinion on what they feel, because I do what I want to do, I just like to hear what they have to say.

We all blog to express our thought and opinions to others, but why? Do we truely value their opinions, or do we just want to look at our situations from someone else'e perspective in order to make a wiser decision?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Iont even know if I am 'posed to try and answer these questions! LOL

    I don't know why humans feel they should be validated....

    We bite our tongues at times cuz we don't wanna hurt the feeling of that person or put them on blast....

    Ummm what else...OH I think everyone needs someone in their life outside of their *possible* spiritual connection somewhere....

    I have not done/said things to make someone else happy before.....

    I think blogging for some people is just a sounding board and comments are used to get another view from the outside.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i agree w/ insanely.. its always good to hear what others have to say before making a decision.. its not that we really care enough about what they say to listen, but just to hear what other options may be helps to put things in perspective for you

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    OH and that supposed to be I HAVE done/said things to make someone else happy before! Tee heee heee

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I knew what you meant.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Mrs A. said…

    i blog because i'm narcissistic.

    and i like other's input.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I think like you said we want to hear someone elses take on a situation..... to give us something to think about.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Cos we like validation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home