LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Friends and Lovers

Well, Valentine's Day is only one day away. What are your plans for the day set aside for lovers? Will you find someone to spend this special day with, or will you spend it with friends.

I hate it when people get in a relationship, and forget about their friends. They are oblivious to the fact that before they had someone, these were the same friends that were there to help them through the lonely nights. These will also be the shoulders that you cry on if the love affair does not last. Why do people do that?

I make it a point to balance both my relationship and friendships. It's a hard job, but you have to do what you have to do to keep the peace.

Normally, my single friends and I have a "Sweetheart's Day". We get together, have dinner and drinks, and everyone brings at least one old movie or board game that they love. We also bring gag gifts. This year it is at my place, and I spent all weekend on the decorations. I have some great party favors (as freaky as can be)! My mom and aunt aunt will be doing all the cooking tomorrow before everyone arrives (I love my mom's cooking!). I can't wait! We are changing it up a little this year to include both singles, and couples(seeing that I am now in a relationship). For the first time, we are bringing dates. I hope it all goes well. We will get to see how our mates "fit in to our circle". My friend Diva (as I call him) is kind of hard to get along with. You either love him, or you love to hate him. He says exactly what he is thinking, and he is not tactful with his words. Sometimes he can be down right tacky. He is such a drama queen at times! He is one of the most flamboyant gay men that I have ever seen, and loves to be the center of attention. But I love him still. I just hope he is on his best behavior tomorrow.

So, what tricks do you have up your sleeve for Valentine's Day?

If you could get or give one special gift, what would it be?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    my boyfriend and i sent v-day cards out to our friends & family w/ our newly taken pictures inside. i have school tomorrow (as soon as i get off of work) so v-day for me will be short. im not big on the day.. so whatever he gets me, im happy with.. cant really talk about what he'll get b/c he's a fellow blogger as well

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Shana said…

    I'm flying solo this V-Day. I plan to burn my old love letters and momentos. I wrote about my plans in my blog today actually. As for the gift thing. . . I'm the type that likes to give tokens of my affection year-round and I hope to eventually find someone who believes in doing the same.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Well that single friends get together would be nice to do if I had single friends! LOL

    Tomorrow I plan on going to work...studying...calling my baby daddy and immediate fam to wish them a happy V-day and eat some girl scout cookies! LOL

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    The only thing I can think off that I would really want is a Love letter... I know its stupid but thats what I want.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home