LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Do What You Do

Well, today I have no thought provoking questions...no dramatic situations....just a busy day! I had to go into the office today to check on my employees, and as usual, they are fine. I took my staff downtown to lunch because they have really been doing a great job.

It feels great to be younger than every employee that you have! I am the youngest manager, and the only female. Young, black, successful! I love it. Minorities are giving the old men in corporate a run for their money. Well, enough of tooting my own horn.

All I'll say for today is, whatever you choose to do with your life, do it BIG, no matter what it is. Make your work have a voice. If you are a barber, be the BEST barber. If you are a songwriter, make your songs MEAN something. If you are a secretary, be good at what you do. If you are good at what you do, you should never have to brag or tell others how good you are. Your work will speak for itself.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    True words

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    good post.. great motivation for the day :o)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Taking the employees for good work? Excellent! I am sure it help build a more positive work environment.

    Not too much more makes someone happy then to be acknowledged for something you did/said/whatever....

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I try to do what I can. I understand that we all go through situations, and a little pat on the back goes a long way!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    I just read your blog again for the first time in a while. This is no reflection on you...i just havn't been taking the time to indulge lately. I like your blog a lot. It' simple and true to self. Warm, relatable...like a nice unexpected phone call from a long distance friend over saturday morning coffe. I'm glad to hear you have someone who loves you, that your career is doing well, and that you are not selfish with your optimism. Thas wassup. Do ya thang ,Homie!!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    good post....where did you take your employees to eat?...good post

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    You go! That is excellent. And then showing them your appreciation for their hard work on top of that -- as you know, that does not happen often.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @omar...Thanks for the compliment. I try to keep it simle in thsi complicatd world.

    @insanelysane...Sorry, by brain was in overkill.

    @sarccastik...They like this spot called the Cadillac Bar downtown. Not my cup of tea, but it's easy on the pockets!

    @accomplice...I try to let it all hang out every chance I get!

    @dee...I try to be a good boss!

    @"n"search of ecstacy...No it doesn't...I've just learned that the better you are to them, the more productive they will be for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home