LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Hmmmm.....

Where are all the good men/women? I mean, are they on permenant vacation?

How can a relationship start off so good and then spiral out of control? Do we put our all into our mates just to see it end in disaster?

At what point do men/women just say, to heck with being good! Is there just some type of signal that goes off in their heads?

How can a person be such a terrible mate, but a wonderful friend?

How can a person have the man/women of their dreams, but not realize it until after the relationship is over. Where were they when the relationship was going on?

These are just a few random thoughts racing through my head after a weekend of craziness with one of my friends. He was in what seemed like a perfect relationship with this chic. He worked very hard, and loved her very much. She wanted to go back to school, so he let her quit her job and supported her, while she went to school. They planned to marry when she graduated in May. Another friend of mine had a birthday party and we all came out to celebrate. He said that she couldn't make it because she had a big test on Monday and wanted to study. We are all college grads, so we know the value of studying for a big test. After leaving the party, we went to grab a bite to eat. Guess who we see while we are there? None other than 'Miss Bookworm' and her imfamous 'Study Buddy'. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time! The guy she was with was UGLY ( not that that's the point... but, I say, if you going to cheat, at least get something BETTER that what you had)!

Anyway, the situation is all downhill from there...he puts her out...she is now homeless and neither of the guys want her. Hopefully she can find some friends who will take her in....

Why do people mess up perfectly good relationships and give BS reasons as to why they messed up? She said that she was happy with him but she was just curious. Huh?

Are all the good men/women gone...or are they just scorned and just protecting their hearts?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    At this point, I am open to love, but I am okay without it. I am alone, but I am not lonely. I trust people until they give me a reason not to...If love comes, I am ready for it, but I am not waiting forit.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said…

    Um, they're gone!

    Coming Into Reality,
    -Jamal

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    no they're not all gone.. maybe spoken for (like my man) but not gone for good. i think people have just been hurt too many times and now they are the ones doing the hurting.. i think eventually the good men/women will come back around & be open for lovin ONE person

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Guide_to_life said…

    I don't think that good men/woman are gone. See people have this protective shell that they won't allow others to get into. People who have been hurt refuse to feel that pain again.
    So when they do find something new and something they enjoy they tend to get apprehensive(thinking about what was) and begin to think the other person is too good to be true.
    See but what they need to do is realize that sometimes love causes pain. Past relationships are just that things of the past. If not that good man/woman will sabotage their own good relationship...The girl in your story will realize that
    "Another night I lay awake dwelling on what could have been. That maybe if I had fought for you then maybe, just maybe things could have been different. These maybes are slowly killing and
    shredding me inside"
    Your home boy will be good b/c he knows in that relationship he did what a real man does for his woman and that's support her in what she does. He can walk away and every woman that knows him will realize that woman is crazy for letting a quality man get away....

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I dont think there gone.... I dont know if anyone can truly understand when something goes wrong in the relationship unless your in it. What Im saying is sometimes what you see isn't always whats real....for example I can show up to a party with my man and people look at us anD say " what a loving couple" what they dont know is I haven't said shit to his ass in a week.LOL you see what Im saying, You cant know really what went on in the relationship unless your in it. There are 3 sides to every story, His, Hers and the Truth and that falls somewhere in between the two.

    But there are good men out there... I have one even when Im not talking to him. LOL

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Dang..I know she totally regrets what she did now. It's sad how hindsight is 20/20 and also that people feel that they can't be honest in how they feel or don't feel. I mean you're wasting my time making me think we are going to be together when you dont' feel the same...save me some heartache and let me know sooner.

    I don't think all the good men are good I for one know a couple (some of whom I've dated and we just decided we were better as friends). I think at certain times we aren't ready to be with someone and that's when we feel we want to be with someone...when the time comes (when we least expect it) they seem to appear out of now where and those tend to be the best experiences

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @jamal...I don't think they're gone, they are just hiding!

    @ttd...I feel you on back. I hope they come soon. There are a lot of people looking for honest relationships....

    @guide...so true, so true!

    @msnhim...You're right, things aren't always what they seem.

    @honey-libra... Yep she messed up big time!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    They are not gone. The way I see it, everyone is walking around with their guard up and outsiders can't get in. *shrug* I know I'm guilty. After you get hurt so much, it is hard to trust again. Does that make me a bad person? No, it makes me a cautious one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home