LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, February 10, 2006

Previous Cats....

I'm so glad that this week is over! I have been so busy with work that I have had little time to play this week.

It has finally happened. I have messed around and gotten myself into a relationship.WTF! I am a serial dater! I'm not afraid of commitment, I have just chosen to take it easy and love from a distance. But it's here, and I'm falling faster than I ever expected. This man is so considerate. I guess he always has been, but I never took the time to notice. I was so busy protecting myself, that I almost missed out on the one thing that was staring in the face. True Love! He loves me, and shows it daily. He also gives me the space that I need to keep being me. What more could a girl asked for?

My father used to tell us all the time that love is an action word. He said that love kept him near us. Love made him stay and take care of his resposibilities through the tough times. Being the young skeptic, I looked it up in the dictionary. The word love is both a noun and a verb. Growing up, I never really knew what he meant by that, but now I know. Love is not just something that you say to someone that you care about. If you love someone, you show them in your thoughts and actions. It could be something as small as a phone call just to see if you are okay, or a weekend alone.

Do you love completely, or do you protect your heart? Is it really fair to the person that you are with to guard your heart? Have you every messed up a good relationship trying not to protect yourself from being hurt?

Do you truely give your new lovers a chance to feel your love completely, or do you judge them by standards that were set by the way former lovers have treated you in the past?

How do you show your love to others?

The song for the day...Previous Cats by Musiq (hence the title of my post!) Lyrics below.....

First things first girl recognize
Who is wit you now
Second thing, can't blame me for
How you were treated before I came see
I'm not Steven, Anthony even, Leroy or Ivan
Damn girl I've been right there for you
Since day one, so where's all this coming from

See now I'm not to blame for the pain
That was caused by previous cats, yeah
Who had your heart before me, girl no
I'm not to blame for the pain
That was caused by previous cats
You gotta see me for me

Now what is with all the questioning about
Where I've been and why must you roll your eyes
When I say she's just a friend I knew before
Not like I call you Sabrina, Pam or Tanisha
Andrea either. Girl we go deeper then any other
I had before so tell me why you ignore.

Now I don't know
What them young boys did
To make you insecure, but I think you need to let it go
Don't let your past get all in the way
Cause what is here today may not be guaranteed tomorrow
I'm not out of line just speaking my mind when I say that
I put in to much time for another's brother's crimes.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    i need to go the sarccastik music library...i bought mrs.sarccastik all the musiq cd's....i don't remember that one...but good luck on your new found love....now don't try to overanalyze being in a relationship...that can hurt it....just be yourself....

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    love freely.. give him all of you that way you can truly enjoy love.. if you hold back.. you won't be able to experience ALL of the joys of love

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I love completely and sadly that isn't always returned but I've never regretted falling in love.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I usually let my self go freely until I start noticing stuff mimicking the past, then I go on gaurd! It's not really fair to my partner, but I tend to date/get involved with the same type of person over and over. No matter what things I try to change about myself it happends that way.....

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Am one who gives her all-never quite understood how to love and hold back.Yeah, you open up yourself for heartbreak but its all part of the experience

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I agree with the others. Love whole heartedly and give freely of yourself unless the person has given you a reason not to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home