LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mates....

What is the perfect mate? Do they really exist? I don't think there is a such thing as a perfect mate. I think that we find people that we are attracted to and have something in common with, and work from there. People have the misconception that they can change people, and make them into what they want them to be. Big Mistake! We have to learn to look for those qualities BEFORE we hook up. We're not Potters and people aren't clay!

Through life's Ups and Downs we learn to be better people. As Musiq says,"Your experiences enhance your character." After loving...losing love...and loving again, what have you learned? Does it make you look closer at the new people you meet?

What qualities must a potential(or existing) mate possess for you?
1.Physical
2.Mental
3.Emotional
4.Intellectual

For me...
1)Physical - Taller than I am, clean cut, presentable MOST of the time. Sexy! I really have no choice when it comes to complexion. I am fair skinned, but I like them in all shades of brown.

2)Mental- Mentally stable w/a strong mind. ( I don't need any stalkers). As my grandmother used to say, I was born with the gift of Goodbye. When people are no longer in my life, I realize it is for a reason, and I let them go with no regrets.

3)Emotional- Is not afraid to express himself. Loveable.

4)Intellectual- Can hold his own in a conversation. Motivated. Open to learning new things.

What other things must a mate have for you? Is there something you would like to change about the person that you are with? What are your thoughts?

11 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Guide_to_life said…

    There is a such thing as a perfect mate. And a good quality from them to have is the ability to be trusting and honest.
    As far as changing things....I wouldn't change anything about TTD..Making changes to her appearance or attitude is something that should be brought about by one's self. When you love someone you love them for who they are. I feel in love w/ the person she is, not the person I'm I would want to change her into...Everyone of us has things that other people don't like, but that's what makes us unique...gives us character...LOL

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i wouldn't change anything about my man (except for maybe his height.. lol.. he's only a little taller than me... everything about him personally is what made me fall in love with him in the 1st place.. i dont understand how one can say they LOVE someone when they want to change that person...

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Guide...It's good to find someone to love, and they love you back the same way.

    @insanelysane...I feel you. I don't like mushy guys either. It is such a turn off!

    @ttd...Depending on the relationship, sometimes the things that make you love a person, can make you hate them.

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger SilkySmooth said…

    There surely is a such thing as a perfect mate. You have to believe it first. Why talk about it if you dont believe? The perfect mate isnt any specific quality or qualities, but the perfect mate is something new and different that only you can understand. The traits/qualities you named aren't what people need, its what they want. Which means they are just preferences? You decide what and who the perfect mate is. It has to be something outstanding that never ends. That makes the perfect mate. When you find that never ending feeling, that is when your preferences start to fall into place. I believe in the perfect mate! I also believe that I am the perfect mate for a woman(any type of woman)! Not to boast! A perfect mate is the perfect feeling.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Dee...People say that sex isn't really a factor, but those are usually the people why are not getting it, and if they are...it's not good!

    @Southern gal...We are all human, and not perfect, so as long and you love him and he loves you, it's all good!

    @Silkysmooth...We all have our opinions, and I say, if it works for you, go for it!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    No such thing as perfect mate...

    1.Physical - tall and big

    2.Mental - not easily influenced

    3.Emotional - can express his feelings

    4.Intellectual - knows a little bit about everything

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger T said…

    great post.
    i want the physical to be beautiful, but most importantly, i want a man's soul to shine through his physical, bonding the mental, intellectual and the emotional.
    -soulace-

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    I learned somthing from you today. "Tha Gift of Goodbye" Thanks for that game right there baby. I'm luvin YOU now. Come and fuck with a Nigga somtimes.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    Yes There is a such thing as a perfect mate for me. I'm not very picky. The most important thing would be that he loves and respects me. If I can get that we are almost there. As far as looks are concerned, I've found that a man looks better and better to me, the deeper I fall for him, you know what I mean? Like my current love, it wasn't like he was drop dead gorgeous, I mean was allright. But now that we are together and I'm all head over heels, I'm like damn my baby looks good (smile). He's the best looking in the world now!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Style...I am particular about a man's shoes...Shoes can make or break it...for real...but style...

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Charles X said…

    your requirements are totally doable! you'll find him, gal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home