LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Shaking Things Up At the Job

I guess, just because I don't work in the office everyday, doesn't mean that I can escape office politics. There is a new chic on the prowl, and for the purpose of this post I'll call her Double S (SS) meaning So Scandalous. Until I went into the office recently, SS had never seen me. She has heard stories of me, but this was our first time meeting face to face. She doesn't know me, but she doesn't like me.

According to my staff, SS has been giving them a hard time and making unnecessary demands. She has used what she has to get her position in the workplace. Sorry, but that doesn't work with me. You do the work, get the job done, and we can all live happier.

She had been trying to get my job for the longest, but instead she was given a different position and I got my current position which she was not happy about. I am her boss's boss..if you follow me...So she just left me alone.

She has put her boss in a sticky situation and he called me this morning. She came on to him and he didn't respond. He's happily married. She got angry because he rejected her. He wants to file harassment charges on her, but he feels like the guys in the office will give him a hard time. I told him to look at the situation...if the shoe was on the other foot, and she was upset because someone made advances at her, she would file on him in a heartbeat. Thank goodness he has a witness...

So now that he has reported it to me, even though he is reluctant to file, I have to. Being that I am his boss, I'll have to file all the paperwork and contact HR. I thought today was gonna be an easy day for me....


Why do you think that there is a double standard for men and women when it comes to sexual harassment in the workplace?

8 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Because society in general makes it hard to believe that a man can be sexually harrassed. Women are always the victims when it comes to sexual crimes except when it's a grown woman messing with a little boy like all those teachers who mess with their students now a days.

    That's just the thought pattern of general populus.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    I agree with nay

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Some people ignorantly think that most men are horny dogs and would welcome the sexual interest and attention of any and every woman on the planet. Thus making it impossible to be sexually harassed or or even sexually assaulted by a woman.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I think you're right...

    @mznew...me too..

    @freaky...good point!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...I feel bad for him...

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...I feel bad for him...

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lady J said…

    because men suppose to be the macho one and not turn down sex. If he does then other men will probably think he is gay. According to society

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @lady j...I think society confuses the whole "macho" sterotype.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home