LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

She's Human...

One of the girls in my teen group has gotten herself into a mess. She's pregnant, her home environment is very instable, and the guy she is pregnant by has no real feelings for her. He says that he knows the baby is his but he doesn't want a kid right now. He is going off to college and he doesn't want a baby slowing him down. She came to me asking what she should do, and I told her that just like choosing to have sex was her choice, the consequences of her actions must be her choice as well. She was a little upset because I didn't tell her what she should do, but I can only help so much.

There is no easy way out of this situation. If she chooses to keep the child, life will be a bigger struggle for her than it already is. If she gets rid of the child, she'll have to live with that decision for the rest of her life. She has a part-time job after school, and no money.

I can offer moral support, but I have so many other girls that depend on me. I cannot support her financially, which is what I think she wanted. She kept throwing hints. I caught them, but I played dumb. She asked if she could stay with me for a while and I told her that couldn't do that. We signed a waiver at the center that strictly forbids us to do so. All I could say to her was, I've been there and I know what you're up against. I didn't want to give her the I told you so song. I'm sure she has heard it by now.

I am disappointed but it's life. Things happen. She has a lot of potential but a baby is a huge responsibility. I don't think she understands what is in store, but she will soon.

What would you do in this situation?

8 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    what would i do if i were you? i would lay out the options of both scenerios: keeping it vs. aborting it - and then let her decide

    what would i do if i were her? i dont think i would keep it... if i can barely take care of myself, that's just selfish of me to bring another into this world and have them suffer.. especially if i wont have any help

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I don't know what to say to her at this point...

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    What would I do? Give her the pro's and con's of both options including adoption if she keeps it. In the end the choice is hers.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Exactly

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I'd guide her towards someone who could best lay out the options for her. If I was the person who could best lay out the options then I'd just lay out the options and try to answer any questions I could. Most importantly I would listen and try to let her know that either was all hope isn't lost and regardless of the outcome of the situation to try to do better next time. That's about all you can do.

    Besides, I have dibs on being adopted into your family next. :o) Back in the shadows for me.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger dancehard said…

    i would have done the same thing you did...let her know that I would be there for her regardless of the decision she made, but that it was HER decision.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    I'm tired of seeing little black babies die, so I say tell her to have it and give it up for adoption. There's lots of folks who want little black babies who can't have kids, like Madonna.

    So, that's my two cents.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @30...Yes ma'am!

    @southern gal...I'm glad someone agrees. I didn't want to tell her anything wrong...

    @freaky...Being there for perple is hard sometimes. Especially when taht person feels like I should have all the right answers. I did what I could for her.

    @dancehard...That's all I can do...

    @emotional brotha...I am too...I wish the poor babies had a chance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home