LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Party At My Place...

I really don't like to celebrate Halloween. I never have. My parents weren't into it so I guess it was never that important to me. My man convinced me to get into this year. I had a lot of fun.

Yesterday, my man and I spent the whole day with my child. We started off at her school. I was the "room mom for the day". We planned things for them to do, read 2 Halloween books, and had some cute little Halloween snacks. I ordered pizza for their lunch. Her dad along with a few other parents showed up when it was time for their party to lend a helping hand. I must say, kids ask so many questions. They know me and my daughter's dad and they were so curious to see who the strange man was in their class. He explained to them that my daughter was special because she had 2 dads who take care of her.

I don't believe in taking my child trick or treating so we had a Halloween party at my house last night. We planned it a couple of weeks ago. All of my friends, my brother, and my man's brothers helped out. Diva, Softspoken and I did all the decorations. I think the adults had as much fun as the kids. We had a scary maze set up in the garage. We had fun games set up inside...Spider Bingo, Mummy Chairs (musical chairs), face painting, Halloween Trivia, and so many more. It wasn't really big, but it served it's purpose for a bunch of kids all under the age of 9.

After spending a whole day entertaining children, I am so happy that I only had to keep one there and I could ship the rest of them home to their parents!

As much as I love my man and my child, I will be so happy to see them walk out the door, get into his car, and go off on their way to school and work.

I need a ME day today...badly!

What did you do for Halloween?

12 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Awww...that's so cute! You're such a cool mommy. Girl, I didn't do anything for Halloween. I got in my bed cuz it was raining. I was knocked out by 9 o'clock. I'm kinda mad about that too cuz I didn't get to see Nip/Tuck.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    I went to work & school... I wish my mom threw me halloween parties! =(

    glad u had a good day! so did you tell "him"?

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    I am glad you had a good day. I worked all day.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @shug...Thank you...I just know she'll only be young once and I'm trying to make the most of it.

    @ttd...Yes I did. That's why I had such a good day!

    @deepnthought...I'm making up for missing work yesterday...Big TIME!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    southern gal...I know you were happy. My daughter was out as soon as everyone left.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    The party sounded fun! We went to the mall and trick or treated then took it to the house! LOL

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    I am not a fan of Halloween at all...atleast not for myself...but I love to see other people enjoy the holiday. However, I actually did put on a pair of cat ears and painted my nose black to answer the door for all FOUR of the trick-or-treaters that we got...I was very disappointed. Now we have a big bag of candy that we can't eat cuz we're on a 1200 calorie/day diet!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    A me day? Don't answer the door. I sent a shipment of attention starved kids to you. I hope I poked enough air holes in that crate. Oh well, they're not my problem. LOL

    So did your daughter dress up? What was she?

    Can I have some candy?

    It sounds like everybody had fun. It's too bad people don't trick or treat anymore. Then again when you have to do a sexual predator check to map out the route then I can't really blame anyone.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Glad you had a good time!

    @darbs...I'm sure I'll pay for all the junk I ate...

    @freaky...All the kids dressed up for school. My daughter wanted to be Cheetah Girl.

    I need to overnight it to you because we have too much.

    We had a great time!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Newy said…

    awwww that was nice. We went to church. There were 10 presenters that had 3-5 minutes a piece then after we prayed out we had "Trunk or Treat" for the kids, cake and punch and went home.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger dancehard said…

    I went to work, went to my men's social network meeting, and proceeded to have the date from HELL! Turns out that messy negro was a trick who wanted some of my treats!!! BOOOOOO TO THE HIIIIISSSSS!!! I should have known better...arranging a date on a halloween, who the hell does that?

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznew...They cancelled the carnival at my church at the last minute...

    @dancehard...That's was a first...Oh well, it's good you didn't give up the goodies!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home